Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried scaling and sizing the halo 4 master chief handplate? If so, what parts of your body did you measure from I know the way the piece is set up the usual scaling measurements won't work because of the finger pieces. I just can't seem to get my measurements spot on

Has anyone tried scaling and sizing the halo 4 master chief handplate? If so, what parts of your body did you measure from I know the way the piece is set up the usual scaling measurements won't work because of the finger pieces. I just can't seem to get my measurements spot on

You can always go into "print preview" and as long as it is set to 100%, you can hold your hand up to your screen and compare it that way.

If you're talking about the Yeinson pelvic piece on the front page, I can take a shot at unfolding it right now for you.

If you're talking about the Yeinson pelvic piece on the front page, I can take a shot at unfolding it right now for you.
Zaff, pull it off and my hat goes off to you sir. i just downloaded it and that thing looks like a nightmare to unfold on the front side.

Yea, the pad on the lower front is a mess of mishmashed polygons to be honest, but I think I've got a good approach for it. I've already got the back portion, the two side pockets, and the smaller front pockets to my satisfaction. Think I'll come back to that pad after everything else is done and see if I can't find a better way to do it than what I've been trying. I've heard people describe certain songs in Rockband as "someone just randomly flailed on the buttons for three minutes and then said "'copy that'." I'm feeling the same way with certain parts of this model.

Thats kind of what I thought of (along those lines anyway) i had the back done, decided to do the front, than when i started i said screw it. The way you have described this model is perfect. even when pepakura flattens it and you hit unfold, the amount of flaps is gonna be nuts. If someone did build this the sanding would be minimal due to the smooth round shape of it but dang, it would not be fun to pep

For the first time, I'm going to have to say it can't be done. No disprespect meant to Yeinson, but that model is just not workable. The seams are so convoluted that there is absolutely no symmetry to speak of, aside from the pockets that are essentially free floating, and the back panel which appears to be there for little more than to be a scaling aid. The upper pelvic region looks like a dozen small surfaces were just randomly pasted in not to fill gaps, but just to cover over them. You said that the sanding on this would be minimal, but I'd have to wager it would be the opposite; so many pieces are doubled over, so many redundant surfaces overlapping and criss-crossing all over the place, this thing would be a nightmare to have to smooth out.

Considering what it is, and how rather simple the overall shape of this piece is, I'd say the best approach would be to free-hand it. That seems to be the popular advice given when it comes to the cod pieces anyway, so that you know it will fit comfortably. The only "comlex" work on this would be the pockets, and I'd imagine those would be simple enough to do, especially if they're only used as decoration. But even then, making them functional would still be easier free-hand than trying to work with that model. I'd rather have to unfold a Skirmisher's head with fully rendered plumage than try to make sense of that thing to be honest.

you know, i didn't take the consideration of flaps and doubled, maybe possibly tripled in my head. i retract my previous statement :p
hey, atleast we looked and tried right?

All righty Ladie's and other Spartans... I found the file I have, Its in in MS7's Pep data base...
H4 pepakura Cod

There is also this version which I think is more ingame accurate... but its foam, which Im sure most of you wont mind at all...
H4 Foam Cod

Enjoy Fellow Spartans

Chris
S225

Yep. Can't say we didn't try, and trying is half the battle.

Edit: Took that first cod piece from halcyon's post and edited the unfold to something a bit more structurally sound, I hope. Spartan IV Cod Piece

Just wanted to say,

Everyone working hard on this thread are BAD A$$. I've been keeping an eye on all the great work being done here. Please know, your hard work is not going unnoticed.

CHEERS!!!

Hate to say it monkeyfuj, but the detailed Warrior torso isn't workable to me at all. A few pieces are a bit sloppy as far as I have noticed, and the estimated time I have made up (around a week or so) makes it a total nightmare to put together. Those flaws make it look like more work than fun. I apologize if I offended you in anyway.

Hate to say it monkeyfuj, but the detailed Warrior torso isn't workable to me at all. A few pieces are a bit sloppy as far as I have noticed, and the estimated time I have made up (around a week or so) makes it a total nightmare to put together. Those flaws make it look like more work than fun. I apologize if I offended you in anyway.
I am in the middle of currently re unfolding that torso right now. I hope to make it easier to work with. If you want and i remember i can send it to you when its done.

Has anyone seen a H4 Operator Helmet pep file ? All I am finding is the one from Reach and the H4 Specialty helmet is different. I'm going to try and sculpt it if I can't find a pep file, but I'm relatively new to sculpting and I could use as much help as possible. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone seen a H4 Operator Helmet pep file ? All I am finding is the one from Reach and the H4 Specialty helmet is different. I'm going to try and sculpt it if I can't find a pep file, but I'm relatively new to sculpting and I could use as much help as possible. Thanks in advance.
not at the moment aquatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back