Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hey, 343 is bringing accuracy and technical accuracy in slowly... so it's all good. I can imaging Halo 6 (If there ever is one lol) would be awesome and might ditch the term CLIP because it's obviously wrong... advice ignored by Treyarch who went to include Extended Clip attachment in their game.

I know what you mean, allow me to elaborate:
attachment.php?attachmentid=40202&d=1294173620.jpg

On topic i was wondering if anyone has a sticky detonator file or blueprint on them sorry if this is already been asked, also with the undersuit one idea could be carbon nanotubes Here's a clip on their strength from our friend the wikipedia;
Carbon nanotubes are the strongest and stiffest materials yet discovered in terms of tensile strength and elastic modulus respectively. In 2000, a multi-walled carbon nanotube was tested to have a tensile strength of 63 gigapascals which is about 522, 135.86 pounds per square inch. but i may be a little off so to summarize they are very very strong.

For the cars i think its actually carbon fibre (mainly used for being extremely light and strong) kevlar and some sort of resin as carbon nanotubes are in experimental stages(they are used though but its more more experimental military and NASA types of stuff) and im pretty sure its extremely expensive about $95-500 for one gram

Hey, I've been a lurker for months now and I was excited to see the Pathfinder helmet being available to pep. However, after comparing it with ingame model references, I found that some parts weren't correct and would prove difficult to make accurate to the game. Ie. the ear pieces are slanted like this \...../ when they should be straighter. Some proportions are also a bit off and finding out about this kinda discouraged me to build it. I don't mean any offence, I just want the best for that file since it has great potential, you know? Sorry if I offend. Just hoping that it can be improved a bit, I really wanna build it and i'm sure others would too.

I know what you mean, allow me to elaborate:
attachment.php?attachmentid=40202&d=1294173620.jpg

On topic i was wondering if anyone has a sticky detonator file or blueprint on them sorry if this is already been asked, also with the undersuit one idea could be carbon nanotubes Here's a clip on their strength from our friend the wikipedia;
Carbon nanotubes are the strongest and stiffest materials yet discovered in terms of tensile strength and elastic modulus respectively. In 2000, a multi-walled carbon nanotube was tested to have a tensile strength of 63 gigapascals which is about 522, 135.86 pounds per square inch. but i may be a little off so to summarize they are very very strong.

Carbon nanotubes... I learned something today!!! Thanks for that.
Well makes sense because carbon according to my chem teacher bonds to other elements strongly, and then the circle is good at pressure tension distribution (but what about the triangle?)

The Clip thing is like a disease. People use it, people (especially on video games lol) hear it and use it etc.

POP QUIZ?!?!?
From Left to Right: Stanag Magazine (for M4, M16, Tavor 21 and the lot), have no idea, Browning BAR mag or FN FAL mag, Mauser C96???, Probably 1911 mag, HK G3/ HK51 mag, and IMI Galil

I don't quite understand ... do you want me to get rid of the one on page 18... or the one on noob forums...
Is the list confusing?

I do understand one thing and I'll fix the link in my signature which takes you to the noob forum section. I was going to do that but haven't gotten around to change the link

BiGHARYSCOTSMiN, to be honest with you, Youve managed this thread perfectly. I dont understand the Noobs. they jump to the last page and make a request or ask if someone is working on a helmet. if they would search the thread they cna see wether or not someone has answered their request or has started unfolding the helmet they are looking for.
My natural uinstinct is to read the forum first (look at pics, see what other member are working on, etc.) then, If i cant find my answer, ask. After going back and taking notice of the organization youve put into this thread. I must say You have done a great job. I guess that lazy Noobs will always be Lazy noobs.

hey guys, Im new to the form but have been an avid "stalker" of the website for a while now. Anyways, a while ago I was in the data base and saw parts of the halo 4 helmets and what not so I downloaded and started to make the old solider helm. It looks like CJ went and reorganized the 405th database and got rid of all the halo 4 stuff seeing that most of it has changed. I was wondering though if we had/ have a separate place where we can access those files still? I tried searching the forums and this was the only thread along with the database thread that kept showing up.

BiGHARYSCOTSMiN, to be honest with you, Youve managed this thread perfectly. I dont understand the Noobs. they jump to the last page and make a request or ask if someone is working on a helmet. if they would search the thread they cna see wether or not someone has answered their request or has started unfolding the helmet they are looking for.
My natural uinstinct is to read the forum first (look at pics, see what other member are working on, etc.) then, If i cant find my answer, ask. After going back and taking notice of the organization youve put into this thread. I must say You have done a great job. I guess that lazy Noobs will always be Lazy noobs.

I completly agree you have done a top notch job.

hey guys, Im new to the form but have been an avid "stalker" of the website for a while now. Anyways, a while ago I was in the data base and saw parts of the halo 4 helmets and what not so I downloaded and started to make the old solider helm. It looks like CJ went and reorganized the 405th database and got rid of all the halo 4 stuff seeing that most of it has changed. I was wondering though if we had/ have a separate place where we can access those files still? I tried searching the forums and this was the only thread along with the database thread that kept showing up.
Sometimes it feels like everyone is blind to the inexplicably obvious.

Everything is still exactly where it was before. The addition of the Database [2012] compilations has not changed this.
http://405th.4shared.com /Halo 4/
The /Halo 4/Mk. VII/ folder contains Chief's armour, whereas /Halo 4/Infinity/ contains all the (Infinity) Multiplayer armour.

There is a reason for the Database threads. They are not there to inconvenience you - it is where you should go to ask these questions. That way, I can answer the question faster without having to dig through non-Database threads to find it, and solve the applicable issue.

CJ
E: On that note, the Database has been updated with a reasonable amount of new H4 files - especially helmets.

Sometimes it feels like everyone is blind to the inexplicably obvious.

Everything is still exactly where it was before. The addition of the Database [2012] compilations has not changed this.
http://405th.4shared.com /Halo 4/
Sorry to correct you, but if everything is still exactly where it was before, then it's not visible and accessable to us (at least not for me) anymore. There are 3 files/folders in the database:
[2012 Edition] , Submissions (empty), and the 405th Pepakura File Database.odt.
You may wanna check some settings.

I found everything just fine except the H4 folder. My apologies if they're there, but I re-downloaded everything and checked all the folders just in case I was being dumb.....Still no dice.

Great job streamlining the database and making it WAY easier to catch up on past pep files! Thanks!!!

I completly agree you have done a top notch job.

*Sniff Thanks guize :)

About those "missing files", I could've sworn they were on there a month ago, still wondering what happened.

So, if it doesn't come back, "WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO??"

The Halo 4 files were on there and organized the way MissingSpartan7 said it was as recently as a week ago when i was on there. Now those folders are not there. although for Halo 4 files i just refer to this thread or your thread BIGHARYSCOTSMIN.

Sorry to correct you, but if everything is still exactly where it was before, then it's not visible and accessable to us (at least not for me) anymore. There are 3 files/folders in the database:
[2012 Edition] , Submissions (empty), and the 405th Pepakura File Database.odt.
You may wanna check some settings.
Yeah, I might have to.
I found everything just fine except the H4 folder. My apologies if they're there, but I re-downloaded everything and checked all the folders just in case I was being dumb.....Still no dice.

Great job streamlining the database and making it WAY easier to catch up on past pep files! Thanks!!!

*Sniff Thanks guize :)

About those "missing files", I could've sworn they were on there a month ago, still wondering what happened.

So, if it doesn't come back, "WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO??"
Find someone else with excessive amounts of time to rebuild the entire Database?

The Halo 4 files were on there and organized the way MissingSpartan7 said it was as recently as a week ago when i was on there. Now those folders are not there. although for Halo 4 files i just refer to this thread or your thread BIGHARYSCOTSMIN.
Thanks for the assist here people.

I'm going to do a quick test here, and need rapid feedback ASAP.
There are now 3 new folders in the main DB. You will know if you see them. Reply back with any that you can see, the folder names, and anything inside them. I need to determine how much of the Database I need to rebuild.
Fortunately, I can still see all the folders - which means we haven't lost any files. It's just that you can't see them.

Debugging,
CJ

405th Database

2012 EDITION
-405th Database[2012 Edition].zip
Crysis [2012 Edition].zip
Halo - Assorted [2012 Edition].zip
Halo 1 Database [2012 Edition].zip
Halo 2 Database [2012 Edition].zip
Halo 3 Database [2012 Edition].zip
Mass Effect Database [2012 Edition].zip
ODST Database [2012 Edition].zip
Reach Database [2012 Edition].zip

ALPHA 01
-sierra
- NO FILES FOUND IN THIS FOLDER

SUBMISSIONS
-NO FILES FOUND IN THIS FOLDER

405th Pepakura File Database.odt

Last edited by a moderator:
405th Database

2012 EDITION
-405th Database[2012 Edition].zip
Crysis [2012 Edition].zip
Halo - Assorted [2012 Edition].zip
Halo 1 Database [2012 Edition].zip
Halo 2 Database [2012 Edition].zip
Halo 3 Database [2012 Edition].zip
Mass Effect Database [2012 Edition].zip
ODST Database [2012 Edition].zip
Reach Database [2012 Edition].zip

ALPHA 01
-sierra
- NO FILES FOUND IN THIS FOLDER

SUBMISSIONS
-NO FILES FOUND IN THIS FOLDER

405th Pepakura File Database.odt
Ha...... F***
That does actually help, but not really. I now know what the problem is - and the entire Database may be offline for quite some time while I fix this. Why? - I need to change the "Sharing" option for every. Single. Folder.
[2012 Edition] will be sectioned off and remain the main folder, the others will be sequentially added back in when complete.

I need to write up a post for the Database thread....
CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the same thing as what Spartansonny posted, with the exception of this "Alpha 01." I only have the 2012 Edition (all contents as folders in .zip format), the empty submissions folder, and the .odt file at the end. Shows up the same whether using Chrome or IE8 (yea, I'm using an XP and IE8 is as high as it will go).

Has anyone done pathfinder yet ?

I know you know of at least one person building a pathfinder pep helmet because you posted in their thread. So what exactly are you looking for? And I'm not trying to be rude here, but the search tools are there for a reason. "Pathfinder" is not exactly a vague or common term, so there's not likely to be a massive amount of threads or posts to go through, and it's certainly a large enough word that if it's here, the search tools will find it (if you were looking for a JFO or EOD fille I could understand the consternation). I realize I'm likely being overly curt here, but everyone in the forums has their own life, they have demands on their time, they have things they need or want to do. Several of them have invested their time and talents into creating 3D models. Several othoers have invested their time and talents into unfolding these models to accomodate both cardstock and foam builds. It is not too much to ask that you invest some of your time into searching the forums to find the fruits of their labors, and if you don't find anything, then quite likely it simply has not been done yet and will come somewhere amongst the already long list of requested models that hasn't even scratched the surface of being a comprehensive list of total in-game models that these talented individuals work so very hard to make available.

To put it simply, do a little footwork, and if you don't find anything, have patience. The modelers are working as fast as they concievably can, and there are far more requests/demands then there are modelers to handle them, so it will take time.

I see the same thing as what Spartansonny posted, with the exception of this "Alpha 01." I only have the 2012 Edition (all contents as folders in .zip format), the empty submissions folder, and the .odt file at the end. Shows up the same whether using Chrome or IE8 (yea, I'm using an XP and IE8 is as high as it will go).
Alpha 01 folder was removed - I figured it out. I had a folder set on each of the different settings to test visibility for the rest of you. I now need to change every folder in the Database to match.

E: \Crysis\; \Halo - Assorted\; \Foam templates [Beta]\; \Halo 1\; \Halo 2\; \ODST\ and \Halo 4\ should all now be visible. Confirm?
Now I need sleep. I'll deal with H3 and Reach tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back