Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha 01 folder was removed - I figured it out. I had a folder set on each of the different settings to test visibility for the rest of you. I now need to change every folder in the Database to match.

E: \Crysis\; \Halo - Assorted\; \Foam templates [Beta]\; \Halo 1\; \Halo 2\; \ODST\ and \Halo 4\ should all now be visible. Confirm?
Now I need sleep. I'll deal with H3 and Reach tomorrow...

everything is good now. the database is back to normal. crisis averted.

My bad your right XD. Sorry i was looking for the chest armor mostly... Next time i'll do more research befor posting. So thank you for your advice on this matter. I'll do more work befor i try to post the question.

My bad your right XD. Sorry i was looking for the chest armor mostly... Next time i'll do more research befor posting. So thank you for your advice on this matter. I'll do more work befor i try to post the question.

I apologize for being so harsh about it. It is a pet peeve of mine, and yesterday I was also quite frustrated with a few other things, and I let that bad mood take over in that post.

MissingSpartan7 said:
Alpha 01 folder was removed - I figured it out. I had a folder set on each of the different settings to test visibility for the rest of you. I now need to change every folder in the Database to match.

E: \Crysis\; \Halo - Assorted\; \Foam templates [Beta]\; \Halo 1\; \Halo 2\; \ODST\ and \Halo 4\ should all now be visible. Confirm?
Now I need sleep. I'll deal with H3 and Reach tomorrow...

I went to check the database using my bookmark/favorites, and the link in your sig, adn both came back saying the link is not valid. I double checked with Google Chrome to see if it was just an issue with IE8 (with so many sites updating their "behind the scenes" stuff there have been a lot of issues with IE8 because it's an increasingly obsolete browser), but it still came back saying the link was invalid.

I went to check the database using my bookmark/favorites, and the link in your sig, adn both came back saying the link is not valid. I double checked with Google Chrome to see if it was just an issue with IE8 (with so many sites updating their "behind the scenes" stuff there have been a lot of issues with IE8 because it's an increasingly obsolete browser), but it still came back saying the link was invalid.
I was testing something/trying to create a backup earlier. Should all be online again now.

Not keen on doing a repeat of this speed-fix.
CJ

Only issue I'im finding now is the "up" button doesn't seem to work any more. I can use the "back" button easily enough, so it's not a big deal, but I thought it might as well be brought up just in case.

Well you don't have to apologize really. I was in a hurry to get out the door for work. Because of that i made a brief statement of what i was looking for rather then saying in detail what i was wanting to find. So if your apologizing so should it to i'll the users that read my post. It was a nood thing to do, I know i'm better then that. But yes i'm still trying to find the whole armor other then the helmet. Also i'm going through the tread as well looking for it. If its not out yet i'll just have to wait like ever one else.Besides some one was amazing enough to make a eva wetwork file. So i'm in awww about that. It also seems that 4share is up agian witch is great. Im trying to learn how to unfold pepakura as well to try and help the tread.

Well you don't have to apologize really. I was in a hurry to get out the door for work. Because of that i made a brief statement of what i was looking for rather then saying in detail what i was wanting to find. So if your apologizing so should it to i'll the users that read my post. It was a nood thing to do, I know i'm better then that. But yes i'm still trying to find the whole armor other then the helmet. Also i'm going through the tread as well looking for it. If its not out yet i'll just have to wait like ever one else.Besides some one was amazing enough to make a eva wetwork file. So i'm in awww about that. It also seems that 4share is up agian witch is great. Im trying to learn how to unfold pepakura as well to try and help the tread.

bio if you need a tut on unfolding i wrote one up, the link is in my sig. maybe it'll help you

I have been trying to upload to 4 shared for the past two days with no luck, had to get a media fire account.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give a brief update on the downloadable spartan 4 undersuit project.
Out of the three possible methods I had previously proposed, I have decided that a pep method will not only work but it is also the best. (mainly because Pep viewer is free and you wouldn't have to download/ payfor a new program.) I did have to come up with a new way of sizing the ( theoretical ) parts. I will include the how to in the tutorial when its made.
although a new method peping, sizing, and materials will need to be im fairly sure that if you have ever picked up and exacto knife and score/cut a helmet, you will be able to make an undersuit (hexpattern and all).
Scince i am still waiting on a 3d model of the undersuit from Kollinrulz, I will go ahead and conduct my tests on random household objects until i get a pepable model to actually film the tutorial with.

I have decided that a pep method will not only work but it is also the best.

maybe this is what you are looking for.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...-(undecided-on-armor)/page3?highlight=Blender
8362541551_c0fe812372.jpg

he made some custom templates of the undersuit. cut the pieces out of foam and put them in shape to look realistic. after that he used 2 types of meshs and sewed them on top of each piece.
over this undersuit the actual armor pieces should look fantastic.
and i want to start this project to. next week i will start to work on this. its should be possible to create a simple undersuit pepakura file (without any 3d - only the 2d parts) to scale the whole template up and down.
i will add a messure-piece. with this messure-piece you only have to print this, place it over the fixed spots on your body and calculate the messure you are looking for.

how ever... bad english, best idea :D i will work on that if you want to. but it will take a while

Sorry If this is me being ignorant, but I'm having a hard time finding both the left and right versions of multiple parts of the Mk. 7 (ie. The thigh, or the forearm) Do they exist and if so could someone post a link?

SpartanC185 said:
Sorry If this is me being ignorant, but I'm having a hard time finding both the left and right versions of multiple parts of the Mk. 7 (ie. The thigh, or the forearm) Do they exist and if so could someone post a link?

To clarify, are you asking about what to do if neither part can be found, or is it that you have found one side, but not the other?

If it is the second scenario and you have found one side but not the other, the solution is simple. Open the file in Pepakura Designer(possibly might work in Pepakura Viewer but I forget) and click the "2D Menu" tab at the top of the screen. In the third partition of the list there is an option labeled "Invert Pattern." Clicking this will reverse the 2D unfolded template. The 3D view will not change, but when you print and pep the unfolded parts they will form a mirrored partner to the original (if it was originally left, this will give you the right side, and vice versa). Generally speaking when armor parts are the same regardless of which side it's on, there's usually only one file for one side because it can be reversed for the other side by a few clicks of the mouse.

If you can't find either side, I don't know what to tell you. At least one side for any given piece should be in the database at this point (MissingSpartan7 always has a link in his signature, currently labeled "Reconstuction complete. Databases online").

To clarify, are you asking about what to do if neither part can be found, or is it that you have found one side, but not the other?

If it is the second scenario and you have found one side but not the other, the solution is simple. Open the file in Pepakura Designer(possibly might work in Pepakura Viewer but I forget) and click the "2D Menu" tab at the top of the screen. In the third partition of the list there is an option labeled "Invert Pattern." Clicking this will reverse the 2D unfolded template. The 3D view will not change, but when you print and pep the unfolded parts they will form a mirrored partner to the original (if it was originally left, this will give you the right side, and vice versa). Generally speaking when armor parts are the same regardless of which side it's on, there's usually only one file for one side because it can be reversed for the other side by a few clicks of the mouse.

If you can't find either side, I don't know what to tell you. At least one side for any given piece should be in the database at this point (MissingSpartan7 always has a link in his signature, currently labeled "Reconstuction complete. Databases online").

I was asking the 2nd one. Awesome, thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back