Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had much time to change my models recently so I did the easiest.
Here's the bicep/tricep again.
Halo4Bicep-Tricep.jpg

4shared Halo 4 Bicep-Tricep.pdo
Mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?sp3mfc79j005qtq

Did anyone else notice that the Calf armor and Thigh armor fold into each other realistically? The back of the Calf seems to be cut a little lower, and also has a recessed area that would be easier to bend the knee and have the legs pinch less and it less likely to interfere with the back of the Thigh which would allow more movement (A natrual problem when wearing something that is worn 'above sea level' on your skin). Also, the Thigh has a large recessed beveled cut kinda which almost looks like the shape of the Calf area that WOULD come in contact with the Calf, again, allowing for further motion of bending/squating almost. Like if you were to climb stairs, the bending of the legs which would bring the back of the calf and thigh armor in contact... I wasn't quite a fan of the initial MC design, but can't help but see that it has real functionality in mind.

The developers in one of the recent interviews said they wanted to make it "look and feel functional". I think that some of our complaints of our previous costumes influenced that detail (such as the calf and thigh contact when squating and not being able to reach across the chest to the other arm).

Well, I know that in the vids they talked about functionality, but I am sure they mean more of the lines of military use. Like attachment points the new armor has, or the actual design of the backpack, being more of an 'X' shape. The suit has a more mechanical look, rather then the organic smooth look. I thought Reach was leaning more to this design, but 343 looks like they went further, but the design is more realistically shaped for combat. I like the sharp edges. Like I said before, I wasn't a huge fan of the armor at all before, but after seeing it move, and work, I think I like it a lot.

Great job so far guys. I have a question; everyone is using reference pictures from Halo 4 for the suit right? Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if they used the pictures of the Blue Realms Suit too for reference?

Great job so far guys. I have a question; everyone is using reference pictures from Halo 4 for the suit right? Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if they used the pictures of the Blue Realms Suit too for reference?

I originaly used their suit as reference. Since the game footage came out I've notice many differences. I'm sure whoever wore the costume gave their experience on its comfort and mobility. My biggest factor for going so slow in MY models (besides the changes) is the lack of photos of his back.

Ah I see, that makes sense. And I understand the back issue, that's more what I meant though was for area's like the back and cod, stuff you can't get enough reference for, why not use their suit for now. But I understand what you are going for. Thank's for all your work thus far.

why do i need to log in to download it..... >.<

4shared became a registered service recently. I'm not entirely certain, but it may have something to do with what happened with, um....brain fart, I can't remember the name of the other site that was having legal troubles. Megaupload, maybe?

-Matt

4shared became a registered service recently. I'm not entirely certain, but it may have something to do with what happened with, um....brain fart, I can't remember the name of the other site that was having legal troubles. Megaupload, maybe?

-Matt

That would be my guess ever since the SOPA act was passed by the US congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back