Mandalorian Build W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soshalslayr

Jr Member
So i had started about a month ago on an ODST build from cardboard, and i got pretty far with it; but then someone decided that they needed to move the box with all the peices out of the garage and into the driveway with his other stuff.... then it rained...... Now I'm back! Im not letting the pieces of this suit leave my room and i'm still going to make my oct 30th deadline.

6159741391_f651797c87_b.jpg

6159738841_8663bdb832_b.jpg

6159738153_25b43219e0_b.jpg

I'm always amazed at how overlooked starting with cardboard is! It's pretty ingenious and just like the foam armor, cheap and light! Great start man, I'm wondering if you might want to add some bondo to the front, and I mean the smallest amount, just so you can smooth out the cardboard ridges. Do you plan on building the Mando/Boba Fett pep helmet too, or building that from scratch?

Sidenote: I think it's funny I'm this huge star wars fan, but have shyed away from building any sorts of pep SW armor. Maybe that will be my next project. This cardboard armor is somewhat inspiring me to start something... :)

yeah, i was reeeally thinking about bondo-ing the fronts, mostly because i used fiberglass cloth, do theres a dominant weave pattern that kinda kills the metal look. And I'm torn about how to build the helmet, or if i should spend the 50 bucks for a cheap replica

There are some nice pep files out there for the helmets. I don't see those replica role playing toy helmets to be a good purchase unless you put some work into it yourself. I bought the clone trooper helmet a few years back and I'm currently working to make it look more realistic.

Well you could always pick up the Rubie's helmet... I think it's fairly spot on... not totally 100% accuate but it's a cheap alternative. And you could do a total repaint, probably make it look weathered better than the way it comes.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Boba-Collectors-Helmet/dp/B003O86M1G

Customer Pic - NOT MINE
100_3553_AcmeCostumes.jpg

Maybe that's why I haven't made a pep SWs costume. I want it to be super movie accurate, and basically "why re-invent the wheel?" There are so many movie accurate, cheap-ish props out there.

oh definately. the ones that i've seen would need a bit of bondo work, but i'd be fine with that because i'm making a custom character anyways

Looks like im going to be pulling an all nighter tonight working on the forearms so they can be ready for paint tomorrow. Should have pics up in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back