Skyrim Iron Helmet (Soon to be pic heavy, I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janitor101

So in preparation for the Skyrim launch, I decided to use Rundown's pep file of the Skyrim Iron Helmet, and make the helmet for launch and be a huge nerd.

I just went and got the card stock I needed earlier this evening, as well as some hot glue gun ammo for when I get to the glue stage.
After some trial and error, I got the bloody printer to print everything correctly, having messed up only one page of card stock which will provide filler/reinforcements should I need them.
Here's a picture to kick off my project.

Wish me luck, and hope I don't get bogged down with my classes.

EDIT: If you can spot the Goblins reference in this post, you win an internet cookie.

I would make this the way it should be, but then again, I am a blacksmith/whytesmith.
There is, believe it or not, a difference between the two. But its the molecular manipulation portion that makes me a whytesmith.
Anywho, Good luck with this, maybe you can skin this with a facade of thin iron?
Im gonna show up in my leather for this, no helm for me, my only helmet I currenly have wasnt made but a couple hundred years after the vikings reigned heavy...

I don't have the skills as of yet to make helmets in actual metals, I'm getting into the SCA, so I will someday learn those skills, but not today.

Adding the thin layer of iron I think would be more of a pain then it would be worth in the end.
And that's a good idea, I may show up in this helmet, as well as my leather lamellar vest, and I do also have a tunic that could pass as a norse tunic.

Little update, started cutting the parts out, not worthy of a picture, cause I haven't gotten enough parts cut out and trimmed enough to be glued together. Additional pictures will be added when either I have a heap of bits and or something glued.

Got an update, made some headway on the pepping, got the main portion of the top done, going to start working on the Spectacles next. Not a ton to see, but it's proof I'm actually doing this. :p

Photos!
Front
skyrim_helmet_wip_01_001.jpg

Back
skyrim_helmet_wip_01_002.jpg

Front again, the gap in the front sits at the top of the nose.
skyrim_helmet_wip_01_004.jpg

Additional photos and updates forthcoming.
If you would kindly comment, that'd be great to know people are watching. ;)

looking good buddy. im thinking of making the helmet too so i can be a huge nerd when i go to pick up my pre-order xD

If you do, don't scale the helmet up much if at all, cause I have a big head, so I scaled up 20mm, as much as I could without making the biggest parts not fit on a page, and the helmet looks too big, but not TOO much so to require repepping. Though I may do so if I have time before launch.

From a distance it looks pretty good, few minor warps I can probably fix.
skyrim_helmet_wip_02_006.jpg

Up close, the nasal bar is kinda deformed, I may need to cut it away from the top of the helmet and reattach it the way it should be.
skyrim_helmet_wip_02_018.jpg

All in all, I'm happy with it since this is my first pepakura object and it's not a heap of card and glue.
After for your question about numbering Rundown, the numbers for non tab edges are displayed/printed on the outside of the part, which means I have to write them down on the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back