M12 FAV Warthog build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Beef

ok after looking at fiberglass build methods,cardboard, air soft , and HHO generators I have come up either A. a brilliant way to construct a 1:1 scale Warthog or B. crazily waste lots of materials and time...either way later this Year I will begin contruction on the warthog

ok so supposedly the Warthog runs using a hydrogen injection liquid cooled 12.0 liter low profile ( Flat Six ) engine. This would be the biggest thing to tackle. I plan on building this engine with the listed materials the contruction method in question will not be discussed until the engine is complete.

Engine build HHo generator, Sheet metal, Kevlar header wrap (as used on pro comp dragsters), and cardboard.

That covers the engine for now but how about the frame? struts, and floor pan. I plan on using the same fiberglass/polyurethane method used to make the suits in the first place to give it enough strength to at least hold 430 pounds ( driver and passengers).

The last thing on this build so far is how to make it move under its own power. Now, in the game the Warthog seems to emit sounds from both an internal combustion engine and eletric motors so I have thought that either individual electric motors should work four for steering four for drive. The HHo motor would just supply the power needed to power the electric motors.

Well tell me wether you think this is the plans of a genuis or the disaster of a madman

M.B.

:update:
images of the drive system and a quick sketch of the warthog over all more will be on the way.
HaloStuff405th143.jpg

HaloStuff405th144.jpg

There will be pics later today on the sketches and earlier drafts it would be much appreciated if this stayed open for I have many plans on this....
thank you for the reply.
M.B.

A. a brilliant way to construct a 1:1 scale Warthog or B. crazily waste lots of materials and time...either way later this Year I will begin contruction on the warthog
M.B.
You Forgot money but i hope this stays open long enough for pick and good luck I'll be watching

Why don't you just build a warthog looking skin over an existing frame of a junker or something. You need to understand that this vehicle fictionally exists five hundred years in the future... Though I do love the enthusiasm, don't get me wrong. I just want to see a functional warthog here! Good luck. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I'm not a car man what so ever but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to modify a already constructed vehicle? I was thinking awhile back to purchase a jeep and do some mods on it to make it look somewhat like a civilian hog.

Ador is already doing a warthog build. If you're really interested in making one, you should check out his thread to see how he got started.

Ador is already doing a warthog build. If you're really interested in making one, you should check out his thread to see how he got started.

I have already seen his build interesting but not what I'm after, like I said I have plans for this build that require it to be constructed in this manner. There are countless reasons I have not just grabbed a junker out of the junk yard (that will be for a future build) and then built it upon one I hate Live axles for the warthog concept. Yes its a fictional vehicle I agree but its uses the concept of tech that is already being heavily explored and in some cases successful I'm merely building on that. The engine that will use HHO and will be loosely based upon and existing flat six used in automobiles today ( not telling whether its Porsche or Subaru you just have to find out lol). I had some sketches up on this but they got destroyed ( someone spillt there drink on my sketches hence why they are not up yet ) so I"m redoing them today so this thread wont get taken down you should see the images posted in this thread at 9:00 p.m. western time, trust me you guys want to see the construction process that will happen later this year my crew is stoked about this project we just have to wait till I move later this week once things get settled down the I.C.E. will be the first to be built.

Thank you guys for the kind comments I will keep this thread up dated daily or as often as
I possibly can.

Why don't you just build a warthog looking skin over an existing frame of a junker or something. You need to understand that this vehicle fictionally exists five hundred years in the future... Though I do love the enthusiasm, don't get me wrong. I just want to see a functional warthog here! Good luck. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Don't worry you'll see a functional warthog on here and it shall be epic.

What about the tens of thousands of dollars this will cost? Kevlar, steel, resin, and hydrogen engine components all a ton of money. The kevlar alone will not be cheap. How will you pay for this?

---FIRST POINT AND ONLY POINT NEEDED---

You do know that the tech is not exactly available for this kind of engine and even if im mistaken the professionals cant even get this done for normal cars....so.......how are you gonna do this again??????:confused

:$

---FIRST POINT AND ONLY POINT NEEDED---

You do know that the tech is not exactly available for this kind of engine and even if im mistaken the professionals cant even get this done for normal cars....so.......how are you gonna do this again??????:confused

:$

Excuse me sir,

But as you see above with the post mentioned before yours, this thread died well over a year ago. Please may you read the rules and pay attention a tiny bit more before reviving the whole thread.

You may carry on

Excuse me sir,

But as you see above with the post mentioned before yours, this thread died well over a year ago. Please may you read the rules and pay attention a tiny bit more before reviving the whole thread.

You may carry on

And its lives again I have recently acquired a 1988 Subaru Ea82 1.8 liter engine for which i have been disassembling and researching step by step to clone into a six cylinder version for which I described previously in this thread. Apologies for the long wait life has been hectic over the last year and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back