My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo184.jpg

just pepping my new thigh which is scaled larger while watching a RvB marathon. Hope itll fit this time! Bout 2/3 done.

Looking good, good luck on the sizing. I mis sized my bicep. my forearm and i think i just mis sized my cod. It sucks, but it happens.

Looking good, good luck on the sizing. I mis sized my bicep. my forearm and i think i just mis sized my cod. It sucks, but it happens.

yeeeeah im almost done with this thigh piece and its looking too big >_< darnit. Probably goingto have to do another.. oh well

OK ! Finished the rescaled thigh, and im sad to say that I dont think I scaled it correctly. Could really use some advice on this guys, heres some pics:

Picture6.png

Front view of new pepped piece.

Picture7.png

Front view compared to 34ish cm piece

**dont forget these are BOTH right leg piece, so the smaller one is backwards****

Picture5.png

side view of larger piece.

Picture4.png

back view of both pieces.

Now that youve seen my pieces..
I'd love to get some some constructive criticism! I didnt think there would be such a large different between the 41 and the 34cm pieces, but turns out there is a huuuuge difference. So basically, the 41cm is big but definetly has room for padding, bondo, fiberglass, resin, etc. But maybe there is a way I can trim it down by cutting out some of the pep now..?

The small one is a better fit, but it seems like if i added anything to make it hard I would have zero room!

Decisions decisions! Please and thankyou for reading this and helping with feedback, thanks yall!

I feel your pain, thoroughly. I have made 5 right thighs. I'm tall, and have pretty muscular legs, so it's all against me. What I am thinking is taking the one I like the height of and adding some cardstock into the middle of the inner thigh. Hope that helps.

Everything looks good pep-wise. Don't let the re-sizing break your resolve.

I feel your pain, thoroughly. I have made 5 right thighs. I'm tall, and have pretty muscular legs, so it's all against me. What I am thinking is taking the one I like the height of and adding some cardstock into the middle of the inner thigh. Hope that helps.

Everything looks good pep-wise. Don't let the re-sizing break your resolve.

hahaha im in practically the same situation, except I think I found a good length and instead of adding cardstock i want to remove some! I think that if I take the larger one and kinda of remove one column of pep from an unoticeable place I might be able to "take it in" a little bit. Its what I'm goingto do with my chest piece as well because I keep running into these sizing issues since the MC armor is for a dude.

---Regrets on not making Kat armor instead >_>

Good luck on your build though! Ill make sure to check it out, and I wont let the resizing break my resolve xD

hahaha im in practically the same situation, except I think I found a good length and instead of adding cardstock i want to remove some! I think that if I take the larger one and kinda of remove one column of pep from an unoticeable place I might be able to "take it in" a little bit. Its what I'm goingto do with my chest piece as well because I keep running into these sizing issues since the MC armor is for a dude.

---Regrets on not making Kat armor instead >_>

Good luck on your build though! Ill make sure to check it out, and I wont let the resizing break my resolve xD

I think I'd suggest finding a place on the inner thigh where the two halves meet and the tops line up. Like, cut on either side of that center line, removing from there. I'm having to sleep now, but tomorrow I can make you a diagram if you don't understand. Hard to make logical sentences when pepping has you up two hours late...

Side note: I see you are from New England. I'm originally from Massachusetts and I miss it more every day. :(

I think I'd suggest finding a place on the inner thigh where the two halves meet and the tops line up. Like, cut on either side of that center line, removing from there. I'm having to sleep now, but tomorrow I can make you a diagram if you don't understand. Hard to make logical sentences when pepping has you up two hours late...

yeah I understand what you are saying, in fact, heres a pic of what I plan on doing xD

Untitled.jpg

if this isnt what you meant feel free to tell me what you suggest. I think that these lines match up (plus I can cover it with bondo I think if its not perfecto.)

That was it. Good luck getting everything matched up. The way I see it, when the piece is being worn, the only details that will get noticed are on the front, outside, and back of the thigh. Anyone looking at the inside gets smacked, right? LOL

I'll be keeping an eye on your thread to see how well it comes together.

I think this thigh piece is still too big and you will not be able to sit or bend down and I think the measurement should be between the first one and the second one.

That was it. Good luck getting everything matched up. The way I see it, when the piece is being worn, the only details that will get noticed are on the front, outside, and back of the thigh. Anyone looking at the inside gets smacked, right? LOL

I'll be keeping an eye on your thread to see how well it comes together.

Hahaha smacked indeed. And thanks for keeping an eye on the thread, feel free to criticize, I dont always see what I'm doing that can use improvement. Ill make sure to follow your mk vi build as well!

I think this thigh piece is still too big and you will not be able to sit or bend down and I think the measurement should be between the first one and the second one.

Arg this is what im worried about, I figure that I'll give my "cutting and re-gluing" idea a try sometime this weekend and if I find that it is still too large and I cant sit too well, then I will end up rescaling it to around 37...or 38cm? (down from 41cm and up from 34 cm)

If you dont mind me asking, what did you scale your thigh piece at? / How tall are you? xD I need some sort of reference for mine.
Thanks!
-Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back