My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW JEES!! O god these things are sounding more and more dangerous! I was planning on wearing normal sunglasses but now I'm goingto hunt down some real eye protection. Thankyou so much for the warnings!

To be perfectly honest I was using a different tool when I got my scar. 99% of the time nothing will happen, I was lucky that my 1% ended up being no big deal, but proper safety equipment is always a good idea. Especially when dealing with power tools that spin fast enough to cut through fiberglass.

Don't be afraid of your tools, just use common sense and think about what you are doing. All will be well ;)

Heya, random question here but does anyone know what dremel attachment I would use to make clean cuts on my build?? People keep telling me you can use a dremel to make cuts but I'm not seeing it!!
Here is a picture of (most) of the attachments my dremel came with:
Dremel_395.jpg

I wouldn't recommend using these blade they are to dangerous, look for this one

ShowImage.ashx?Type=3&File=2615054265.jpg

It worked very well for me and will not break easily like the others

Nice work on Mark VI so far keep it up :)

Heya so I did some dry brushing for the first time today. It didnt turn out fantastic and I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's really fun to do lol. So yeah, heres my slightly weathered helmet.
PS Yes, I know the black lines make my helmet look kind of cartoony, but thats actually the look I am going for. When I eventually get tired of the cartoony-look I am goingto re-paint my build a really realistic red (without lines) and with a lot of battle damage.
Photo287.jpg

Photo285-1.jpg

The helmet looks awesome so far, and the battledamage looks great! You might want to get some black or brown color and make it abit dirtier in the seams and tight spots, it will make the helmet look more awesome, but don't overdo the brown/black since you just want it to look abit mudded down!

sooo here is my chest piece. It needs clips and such,(and the bottom ab plate to be attached) but for the most part it is done.
Picture34.png

So i painted my gloves yellow and added some silver battle damage although you can't really see it in the pic. Anyway here they are!

Picture1-3.png

thankya thorn!

Hey...Its coming along really well. Love the extra yellow stuff you got on your gloves. (It adds to the cartoon'ish look!) Congrats on the chest BTW! Keep up the great work...

Ok so here is a pic of all of my painted stuff together (except missing one glove which is not in the photo)

The front areas which are now blue are actually cut out areas that I covered in tape and then filled with hot glue from the inside (and then peeled off the tape.) The blue glow is coming from my phone which I put on a "blue flash-light" mode and then stuck behind the glued areas. I think I am goingto install blue LEDs when I find some at the store

Picture2-2.png

Hey...Its coming along really well. Love the extra yellow stuff you got on your gloves. (It adds to the cartoon'ish look!) Congrats on the chest BTW! Keep up the great work...

thankyouthankyou Zach

Gloves look great with the added yellow, nice job.

I'm really excited to see this all finally come together :D

thanks Neo!

i really like those gloves!
I really hope they're cheap cuz I want those kind of gloves. I have softball batting gloves right now... :p

-Alexis

http://www.amazon.com/Rap4-Paintbal...LO8I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1327900226&sr=8-3

i really like those gloves!
I really hope they're cheap cuz I want those kind of gloves. I have softball batting gloves right now... :p

-Alexis

They are super reasonably priced in my opinion! They were only $15-$18 off of amazon from the brand "Rap 4." I ended up getting a small and they fit pretty perfectly! (Although they are still a little bit baggy, but thats just the way they are and I dont mind.) Here is a link to them, but that link only has them in medium and large. So when I got mine I ordered the same pair except in a size small from here

good luck! And I hope those work out for you

Edit: here is a link to a sizing chart for the gloves

Painting your gloves, that is GENIUS!

Alas, I cannot take credit for this genius idea. I noticed in one of Longshot-x's pictures he had painted a similar pair of gloves with master chief coloring, I thought it was a really nice addition to his build so I did it too! Thankyou anyway though :D

Your Chest piece looks really nice. I like the picture with the helmet sitting on top of it. The paint job on all your pieces fit together perfectly, really looking like a suit of armour rather than a collection of pieces. I cannot wait to see the whole suit together.

I also think your gloves are very well done. I see that Elastic bands are holding the hand plates on for now, were you thinking of sticking them on with velcro, epoxie, or something else?

Your Chest piece looks really nice. I like the picture with the helmet sitting on top of it. The paint job on all your pieces fit together perfectly, really looking like a suit of armour rather than a collection of pieces. I cannot wait to see the whole suit together.

I also think your gloves are very well done. I see that Elastic bands are holding the hand plates on for now, were you thinking of sticking them on with velcro, epoxie, or something else?

thanks! Yeah, I too am happy to see that the pieces are coming together (but I have so many left to harden..ugh!)

You saw correctly, elastic bands are holding the gloves on. I plan on trying out velcro first (but I don't have any currently) and if velcro is too weak then I will try something more permanent.

You could also do a loop of elastic epoxied or glued to the underside. It'd be pretty much like your rubberbands but underneath the plates.

Nice job! Slow down, you're gonna finish before I can even get a chance to get home and work on mine :p
Keep up to good work!

You could also do a loop of elastic epoxied or glued to the underside. It'd be pretty much like your rubberbands but underneath the plates.

Nice job! Slow down, you're gonna finish before I can even get a chance to get home and work on mine :p
Keep up to good work!

Haha thanks, and you have gotta get working on yours! I want to see updates!
Also I bought some "industrial strength" velcro today and glued it on to the handplates and it seems like it is working pretty well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back