My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This build is looking very nice! Really good pep work. If your thinking of foam armor I find it a lot easier than fiberglass and bondo. It's also a lot quicker. Although there are a lot less methods to painting foam.

This build is looking very nice! Really good pep work. If your thinking of foam armor I find it a lot easier than fiberglass and bondo. It's also a lot quicker. Although there are a lot less methods to painting foam.
Thankyou!
I reaaally want to try foam but I havent found any really good tutorials on it except for one video. And im a complete noob at how foam even works. Id really rather not have to go through the fiberglassing and bondoing every piece i do xD

Thankyou!
I reaaally want to try foam but I havent found any really good tutorials on it except for one video. And im a complete noob at how foam even works. Id really rather not have to go through the fiberglassing and bondoing every piece i do xD
I can understand that I tried bondo and fiberglass and it was a really frustrating especially the sanding with bondo.

I can understand that I tried bondo and fiberglass and it was a really frustrating especially the sanding with bondo.

Yeah, I think id want to do my shoulder, lower arm, and cod pieces with foam but when I look at the models im just like "woah, I dont think that i can get that kind of detail with foam" and feel like itd be super overwelming. By the way, I checked out your build, its looking awesome! I really want to make a reach build in foam, (maybe after my mark vi build?)

after many complicated pieces.
I've finally found it...
the easiest piece ever to be pepped.
Picture5-1.png

I'm sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think id want to do my shoulder, lower arm, and cod pieces with foam but when I look at the models im just like "woah, I dont think that i can get that kind of detail with foam" and feel like itd be super overwelming. By the way, I checked out your build, its looking awesome! I really want to make a reach build in foam, (maybe after my mark vi build?)
Foam I think is a lot easier than you think its going to be. I basically went in not knowing what I was doing and my armor is turning out pretty good. All you really have to do is stencil the pieces and put them into foam. And again I agree with you the arms and cod piece are the parts that need the most flexibility.

I'm sorry.

hahaha, made my day. :D

Foam I think is a lot easier than you think its going to be. I basically went in not knowing what I was doing and my armor is turning out pretty good. All you really have to do is stencil the pieces and put them into foam. And again I agree with you the arms and cod piece are the parts that need the most flexibility.

Hmmm, Ill pep the other thigh / shin pieces I still need to do and then ill head up to walmart and buy a pack of that eva foam for the cod and arm pieces.. I might end up asking you some questions about it though if thats ok xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my master chief, what big shins you have!
So I started cutting out the right shin piece late last night scaled at around...38 cm? or 37 cm. I forget. But anyway! Just finished gluing it all together and heres what it looks like. I THINK I got it right the first time, but if anyone thinks it was scaled incorrectly please tell me, I'm not so sure how large/tall it should be.

I wore my original thigh piece with it just to help yall see how it looks, (And suddenly my first thigh piece that was too small isnt looking as small anymore..I'll probably end up re-pepping it anyway though since I've already started cutting out a bigger one.)

Photo198.jpg

annnnnd

Photo196.jpg

next I am goingto be trying my new right thigh piece scaled at 36.5 cm up from 34 cm<- the one shown in the pic is the 34 cm one.);)

Hmmm, Ill pep the other thigh / shin pieces I still need to do and then ill head up to walmart and buy a pack of that eva foam for the cod and arm pieces.. I might end up asking you some questions about it though if thats ok xD
That's fine I'm here to help.

You're getting there just hold tight and power thru the sizing. We've all had the same trouble on one part or another. You're pepping skills are looking good, and I think that when done you'll have a build that you can be proud of.

P.S. Spitfire22V's build is a great ref. for this type build, you can't go wrong following his advice.

You're getting there just hold tight and power thru the sizing. We've all had the same trouble on one part or another. You're pepping skills are looking good, and I think that when done you'll have a build that you can be proud of.

P.S. Spitfire22V's build is a great ref. for this type build, you can't go wrong following his advice.

Yeah im not letting it discourage me too much even though it is frustuating. Thankyou for the reference, ill make sure to check out spitfire's build.
Ps Ill be posting pics later today of my newly pepped 3rd thigh. Im not sure if i got it right this time, but we'll see. :confused

Nice work and glad to see back on i got a notification from photo bucket lol i too have lost the ambition to do anything.. glad you found yours and if you are stuck for parts sizes, scaling and other things then google up female spartan pictures or something along the line for ref pics :D + if you have halo reach pop into theatre :) good luck with your build and glad to see you back :)
Oh before you left what shoulders did you finally choose in the end??

OK
so here is my third right thigh piece, scaled at 36.5 cm. Started it last night and finished it this morning. The first 2 pics are of it with the right shin on for reference, I think it might be a little big. But I'd love some help on this one. So look at the pics, and the comparisons and stuff:

Photo203.jpg

Photo207.jpg

comparison:
Picture8.png

Nice work and glad to see back on i got a notification from photo bucket lol i too have lost the ambition to do anything.. glad you found yours and if you are stuck for parts sizes, scaling and other things then google up female spartan pictures or something along the line for ref pics :D + if you have halo reach pop into theatre :) good luck with your build and glad to see you back :)
Oh before you left what shoulders did you finally choose in the end??

lol its nice to be back with it. Sorry that you lost your own ambition, you should get back into it, pepping really isnt even that bad anymore in my opinion. Unfortunately I dont think female spartans were introduced until reach, and the reach armor is different than my mark vi build, so I'm kinda using pics of girls who've made a mark vi suit for reference lol.

And the shoulder thing never got resolved! I kinda quit right after getting feedback on that and the blog that I asked the question in got deleted. I might have the file for the shoulder that was suggested somewhere in my bookmarks, but i think I might have deleted it a while ago. + I forgot the name of the shoulder that was linked ugh.
Ill probably end up asking about the shoulder thing again but I have a while to go before im at that piece. (Currently doing leg stuff first, and working my way up)
But thanks for checking back in with my build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back