My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new thighs (36.5) look great. I think the shins are a little too short, but depending on the shoes you plan to wear they may work. Here's a full body reference pic of chief in case you don't have one :)
Halo3MC.jpg

Great work so far!

I think the new thighs (36.5) look great. I think the shins are a little too short, but depending on the shoes you plan to wear they may work. Here's a full body reference pic of chief in case you don't have one :)

Great work so far!

Yeah I think they are definetly more accurate to spartan armor, (thanks for the pic btw, its a really good reference one)
My only concern is that its definetly a little bit harder to move in the 36.5 ones, but I guess I kinda figured that would be the case. Plus when I put foam on the inner part I think that will help with the movement issue, except im still confused about whether or not I cut out the inner part and install foam or if i put foam over the inner part.

I agree, the shins are a little short, but when I was taking that pic I did have them taped kinda high up. My only issue with rescaling the shin is that its already really large width-wise. I don't want to go any bigger because I'm already too small for them. :/ I think that I will make the foot pieces first and then see how they look with the shins, any suggestions on what shoes to use for the boots? xD

they work now. Good progress.

sweet, thankyou

While the thigh pieces scaled at the 36 mark look more accurate to the Chief, I think that the 34 would fit a female frame better, just due to your frame being more petite. The larger thigh pieces might add a little too much "bulk".

To answer your question about the inside portion of thighs, you would probably want to replace those entirely with foam, rather than just covering them. As you said, it would most likely aid in adding some freedom of movement.

-Matt

While the thigh pieces scaled at the 36 mark look more accurate to the Chief, I think that the 34 would fit a female frame better, just due to your frame being more petite. The larger thigh pieces might add a little too much "bulk".

To answer your question about the inside portion of thighs, you would probably want to replace those entirely with foam, rather than just covering them. As you said, it would most likely aid in adding some freedom of movement.

-Matt

ahah what you said is exactly what i've been thinking. Do I want accuracy or a good fit? I feel like making the Cod piece and seeing how it looks with each size before making my next thigh. (Really dont want to end up making another unnecessary thigh >_<)

p.s. thankyou for answering that question. I've gotta pick up some eva foam soon..

ahah what you said is exactly what i've been thinking. Do I want accuracy or a good fit? I feel like making the Cod piece and seeing how it looks with each size before making my next thigh. (Really dont want to end up making another unnecessary thigh >_<)

p.s. thankyou for answering that question. I've gotta pick up some eva foam soon..

Happy to help. When it comes to buying the foam, if you have a store called Harbor Freight nearby, they sell 4-packs of the EVA foam floor mats for $10, labeled as "Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats". If you don't have that close, go back to the exercise section in Wal-Mart, and they have 6-packs of Gold's Gym mats for $20.

-Matt

Happy to help. When it comes to buying the foam, if you have a store called Harbor Freight nearby, they sell 4-packs of the EVA foam floor mats for $10, labeled as "Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats". If you don't have that close, go back to the exercise section in Wal-Mart, and they have 6-packs of Gold's Gym mats for $20.

-Matt

Thanks for that, I think ill be hitting up walmart due to vermont sucking and not having any stores like harbor freight

fantastic job, it looks awesome!!!!! and i am very glad that i could help
i would got with the 36 cm thigh piece because remember under armor, that will take up the space and if you used the 34 cm nothing would fit through but your leg
well keep up the great work =D

fantastic job, it looks awesome!!!!! and i am very glad that i could help
i would got with the 36 cm thigh piece because remember under armor, that will take up the space and if you used the 34 cm nothing would fit through but your leg
well keep up the great work =D

Yeah thankyou for the help on it, Im pushing towards the 36 cm one and I can always change it later if I want so yeah.

Yeah I think they are definetly more accurate to spartan armor, (thanks for the pic btw, its a really good reference one)

I agree, the shins are a little short, but when I was taking that pic I did have them taped kinda high up. My only issue with rescaling the shin is that its already really large width-wise. I don't want to go any bigger because I'm already too small for them. :/ I think that I will make the foot pieces first and then see how they look with the shins, any suggestions on what shoes to use for the boots? xD

With the shins, you could try the female model. It looks exactly the same as the men's and has all the exact same detailing, but it's narrower so it will fix the giant calf problem. Halo goddess has a thread with the links posted here. For the shoes, lots of people go with sneakers and they work out well. They give you more mobility than say combat boots which are another option.

For my boots, I plan on using my adio skate shoes and just padding the upper part so it doesn't tear my leg up

Honestly, either size thigh looks fine. If you're concerned that the 36.5 cm one is too large, then go with the smaller one; it doesn't look too small to use. My thigh pieces are a tight fit, and I didn't need any padding or anything; they're just strapped to the codpiece to stay up. They're not uncomfortable at all.

If you use the smaller one, then you might get away with using the Pep inner thigh pieces, since they wont be as uncomfortable and are game accurate.. At least for guys, it really helps to replace them with foam due to our....er....male parts. ;) I'm sure foam inners are more comfortable than Pep ones anyway. Since I used the low-def files which don't have them, I didn't have a choice but to add them myself if I wanted the correct look.

If you'd like, check out Page 14 of my build, where I show how I made the foam inner thigh pieces. Hope this helps!

Honestly, either size thigh looks fine. If you're concerned that the 36.5 cm one is too large, then go with the smaller one; it doesn't look too small to use. My thigh pieces are a tight fit, and I didn't need any padding or anything; they're just strapped to the codpiece to stay up. They're not uncomfortable at all.

If you use the smaller one, then you might get away with using the Pep inner thigh pieces, since they wont be as uncomfortable and are game accurate.. At least for guys, it really helps to replace them with foam due to our....er....male parts. ;) I'm sure foam inners are more comfortable than Pep ones anyway. Since I used the low-def files which don't have them, I didn't have a choice but to add them myself if I wanted the correct look.

I love the way you say it. :D He did such a excellent job on his armor that make me feel like a noob even I started the the build before he did. BTW I think the 36cm thigh is a bit big because it will rub against the shin peice when you sit or try to pickup stuffs from the floor. You should go with the smaller one.

With the shins, you could try the female model. It looks exactly the same as the men's and has all the exact same detailing, but it's narrower so it will fix the giant calf problem. Halo goddess has a thread with the links posted here. For the shoes, lots of people go with sneakers and they work out well. They give you more mobility than say combat boots which are another option.

Thanks for the link to that thread, if the shins end up being to short even with the boots I'll definetly be making Halo Goddess's shins.

For my boots, I plan on using my adio skate shoes and just padding the upper part so it doesn't tear my leg up

Yeah I'm gonna keep my eye out for some sneakers that have high tongues or go up kinda high on the sides and front.

If you'd like, check out Page 14 of my build, where I show how I made the foam inner thigh pieces. Hope this helps!

Yeah I think ill end up with the 34 cm ones. Just cause, like Sandy said, the 36 cm ones bump against stuff and would be harder to move in. Plus, I can always just make the other 36 cm thigh if the small ones dont work out, since I already have one done anyway.
By the way thanks for the link to your build/tutorial, ive been looking desperately for a tutorial on how to do the inner thigh

I love the way you say it. :D He did such a excellent job on his armor that make me feel like a noob even I started the the build before he did. BTW I think the 36cm thigh is a bit big because it will rub against the shin peice when you sit or try to pickup stuffs from the floor. You should go with the smaller one.

I agree with you on the thigh piece rubbing against shin / movement thing. Gonna do the smaller one, thanks.

Welp. I started on my cod piece late this afternoon, after getting about 75% of the pieces cut out I realized that I only had one stick of glue for my glue gun left, bummer. So I glued as much as I could and heres how its looking,
**I looked around the forums on how to scale this piece and everyone had different ways (measure waist, measure hips, measure waist and add 2 inches, etc.) So I just went ahead and guessed it, since I end up rescaling everything anyway. I scaled this at 28cm high and its not looking to bad so far, so we'll see. If I end up using this one I might scale down the front piece that is in this pic, -

I'll go to the craft store in my town tomorrow and grab some more glue. Itll be done later tomorrow undoubtedly.

Photo211.jpg

Hey guys. So I finished my cod piece, and after guessing a random measurement to start with, guess what! I think I got it right on the first try. Figure that?
I plan on cutting the front part down though, where the black lines are and reconnecting.

Picture11.png

Picture13.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back