My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annanymous

Hey guys !
Making a mark vi build and I wanted to start a thread to post my progress as I go.
Im currently only in the pepping process, but Ill take pics of what ive completed so far / what im currently working on,
constructive criticism is very welcome! Its my first suit so bare with me when I end up rescaling eeeeverything. Trial and error, right?

-Anna

Sorry, it is hard to give criticism if there is nothing for us to look at. Please, before starting the thread, take some pictures and put them on it. Once you have pictures up I'll be glad to tell you what I think of your work. Welcome to the 405th and good luck with your project!

Ah sorry I dont know why those pics didnt post, here they are:

Photo175.jpg

heres the hd chest piece ive completed (front view)

Photo176.jpg

heres the side, i didnt glue the sides together completely because its a wee bit big and I plan on taking part of the bottom side out so that it will be smaller.

Photo179.jpg

annd that is the piece that I have no idea how to add on to the main piece! The pep numbers dont fit and i dont even understand what its doing there. Anyone know how to glue this piece on? or is it kind of separate..?

That separate piece is the ab plate, and it isn't directly attached to the rest of the chest. Your pepping looks nice and clean, so you shouldn't have a hard time later on. It doesn't look too big to me, but I'm not the best judge at that. If it is too big to you, then change it if you want. Keep up the good work and don't give up. I see too many people pep things and never hear from them again. I want to see more things finished!

Ohh its the ab plate, yeah I guess ill resin it seperately later and figure out how it attaches after that? Idk, well see. Ive seen some people not use it so..yeah. The reason it doesnt look too big is because on that side view pic im holding it together more. Theres about 5 inches of the side underneath the front that you cant see (but im goingto cut that extra length off and make it how it is in the pic, so that should solve the size problem)

And yeah! Im hoping I dont pep it and give up, I actually started this like...5 months ago or so? Then i quit because I lost ambition due to scaling my first chest piece WAY to big. But now ive rescaled it in HD and it seems to be working a lot better! I think that since I started with a hard piece (the chest) and am now working my way down, I should be able to breeze through the other stuff easy for the most part. I did a thigh which ill be posting in a moment last night, was super easy.

Photo180.jpg

ok guys! Heres my left thigh piece ! I started and finished it last night, didnt take too long. But I had a feeling I wouldnt scale it right the first time, I scaled it at 330 mm and its kinda small. The top part definetly doesnt reach up to the part where I scaled it too, so I rescaled it at 410 mm and printed it out a little while ago, and ill be pepping this either tomorrow or tonight. Hoping the 410 will work better!

Ill post pics when im done with the 410 mm one. Stay tuned

Photo182.jpg

btw forgot about my left lower arm piece. This was actually the first piece I pepped and I did it months and months ago, but i only did one. So I think i might re-pep it because I think its short? If yall think its short as well please tell me, Im unsure whether or not to rescale.:confused

Photo181.jpg

and another

Looking at other people's MK VI chest pieces, Im REALLY starting to think that mine is to big, but I really dont want to redo it, ugggh >.<

looks great so far, keep up the fantastic work =D and the chest looks like it is a perfect size, if it feels just a little big it is ok cause you might grow into it and plus you will have an under suit or something underneath to fill in the gaps
well good luck and i will be watching this thread =D

you got the chest piece and thigh piece spot on, but the arm piece look a little to small. But its barely noticeable, great work so far.

looks great so far, keep up the fantastic work =D and the chest looks like it is a perfect size, if it feels just a little big it is ok cause you might grow into it and plus you will have an under suit or something underneath to fill in the gaps
well good luck and i will be watching this thread =D

well thankya for the support! And you are probably right about the chest piece, I hope to get a legit pressure suit when im done (if it turns out good enough for one) so that will probably fill in gaps. :)

you got the chest piece and thigh piece spot on, but the arm piece look a little to small. But its barely noticeable, great work so far.

Well thankyou! But you really think that I got the thigh piece spot on? You might not be able to notice it in the pic, but its reeeeaaallly snug and short. I think by the time I resined, fiberglassed, AND bondo'd it I would not even be able to put it on my leg!
Im goingto redo it tonight / tomorrow night, its a good thing that its a very easy piece to make though :D

And yeah, ill have to look into redoing that arm piece, Im now starting from the bottom and going up with my pieces though, so that ill have the rest of the armor to compare it too before deciding whether or not to redo it. (probably will end up redoing it though lol.)

Great job on the peps, bad news is the thigh is a little small, once its harden and fiberglassed it will get thicker, meaning even tighter around your leg, so I would definatly scale it up a tad, also on your forearm, you may want to go a little longer, but if its to long it will bump into your bicep/shoulder armor making it very hard to raise your arms up and put your helmet on, best thing I can tell you is to make sure you have mobility, I went thru all the sizing issues when I built my MKVI suit. Good luck on your build

Great job on the peps, bad news is the thigh is a little small, once its harden and fiberglassed it will get thicker, meaning even tighter around your leg, so I would definatly scale it up a tad, also on your forearm, you may want to go a little longer, but if its to long it will bump into your bicep/shoulder armor making it very hard to raise your arms up and put your helmet on, best thing I can tell you is to make sure you have mobility, I went thru all the sizing issues when I built my MKVI suit. Good luck on your build

yeah im scaling it up today or tomorrow from 33-> 41cm
Im goingto do other pieces before I redo the arm piece however,
thankyou for the advice and support! I am definitely looking out for mobility, everyone seems to have issues with that :/

You do a great job with your fold lines as far as I can tell. Good job! I can't wait to see how your armor turns out. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back