My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 26/7/2012 Hands Painted Weathered and lights on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Jr Member
Hi guys started work on my ironman foam build tonight ,Ive made helmets before using pepakura and resin and fibre glass and bondo and it just takes for ever, All that cutting folding and glueing so thought i would have ago at foam, There was some camping mat going for only £1 at work so i grabbed a dozen and got to work.

Just done shoulders and biceps so far do see what you think im happy with them.

(also i have a good tip for foam build if both sides are a mirror image just cut out the pep template for one side and just turn pattern over to get the other save time cutting and paper
smilies:D
)

IMG_0086.jpg

wow! this looks awesome!!! good work dude!!! my next build was gonna be an iron man foam build, so consider me a subscriber to this thread!! im very excited to see your work!! :)

Looking good keep it up! Just curious are you useing the mat foam for this?
yeah camping mat they was going cheap at work so i brought a load and thought i would try it the hot glue works really well on it stick it straight away and has a really stong hold

Attached the bicep to the tricep tonight works really well helps it stay together better and easier to wear just need to find a way to keep the shoulder on now heres some pics for update

ac8e2234.jpg

d63c544f.jpg

2fbe28cc.jpg

06a5fc63.jpg

ok another quick update thats both complete arms done and helmet and only used 1 and a half mats so total cost about £1.50 so far lol
so let me know what you think

2e4eb5e9.jpg

Wow this is amazing
so clean and nice!
how thick is the foam you use?
can u maybe post a pic of the mat before you cut it al out?

thanks and good luck with the armor!

a little update got chest piece done today looks good tried to get a pic all together but i really could do with a dummy .
ok let me know what you think

2aea0ca4.jpg

81dbde6f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back