My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 26/7/2012 Hands Painted Weathered and lights on

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick update i knocked up a left thigh today fits well see what you think

8b16e5be.jpg

443bbfbc.jpg

07cb2b79.jpg

Oh man this looks too awesome
I'm looking for the same camping foam you are using in my region, hope i can make stuff as awesome as yours!
Anyway i'm going to follow this thread very close!
Keep up the good work!

ok guys i got cracked on today and got alot done ive now both thighs and left shin i wanted to get both legs done today but disaster struck and ive ran out of hot glue it wont arrive until tomorrow :( anyway see what you think

db4f2a4b.jpg

4f0d256d.jpg

d01f0eab.jpg

f901e103.jpg

hi guys just a quick update i did a couple of things tonight i completed the left foot and i also made a belt from wedding and clips to attach the legs to stop them falling down i also fitted the hip pods so when i wear the abs and the hip pods they cover the clips holding up the legs

see what you think i should finish whole suit tomorrow so ill post more pics then

2c26f3e9.jpg

Awesome job man! I can't wait to see this all done up with an awesome paint job. What are the hinges done up with? they look shiny but I can't quite tell what they are... (its impressive that all the hinges are, well, actual hinges lol)

keep up the good work :)

Really a great job!! I like the texture look on the foam, I wonder if you are gonna paint or is this just a "step-stool" project for practice??

Awesome job man! I can't wait to see this all done up with an awesome paint job. What are the hinges done up with? they look shiny but I can't quite tell what they are... (its impressive that all the hinges are, well, actual hinges lol)

keep up the good work :)

They are kind of a double headed bolt used to hold kitchen cupboards together ive taken i pic for you

686a088d.jpg

Really a great job!! I like the texture look on the foam, I wonder if you are gonna paint or is this just a "step-stool" project for practice??

Yes mate i will be painted it im half way though the helmet neck seal and shoulders now 3 coats PVA 2 coats auto primer 3 coats meallic top coat 2 coats laquer you cant really tell its foam now

hi guys finished my build today I'm happy with it just need to PVA it not and add some colour pls excuse the white shoulders and half finished helmet as you can see Ive started the painting the helmet it still masked off and needs another coat of red but wanted to suit up in full to see what it was like

Is it me or when you suit up does anyone else hear the music from the first film when you first see the mark 2 in your head lol

Anyway see what you think
smile.gif

3f607325.jpg

f494e64d.jpg

8ae60182.jpg

That is so beautiful! All you need now is Paul Bettany to talk to you while saving the United States!

I cant wait to see it fully painted. I do believe this deserves elite status (along as the painting goes smoothly)!

Job well done!

thanks for the pic!
that's a very innovative connection method especially considering the outer cover for the screw.

by the way your armor has turned out great, hopefully the paint job turns out just as well :)

OK guys i have a quick up date just been playing around with a Little sound module i found on Ebay really cheap from Ebay 10s 10 Sec Sound Voice Recordable Module Chip for Card | eBay £1.68 inc postage bargain

anyway i recorded the repulsor sound on it from my PC cut off the button and added a tilt switch also a bargain from Ebay here eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace £3.83 for 10 inc postage I'm going to use one of these for the light on the glove so it works the same way .

so Ive fixed it all together roughly as i still need to paint to see how it works see what you think
smile.gif

Repulsor Blast Test.MOV - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back