A basic armoring tutorial in a new form. Rage comic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

higdog827

OK everyone. Ive decided to try my hand at making a tutorial. But instead of the standard format of huge bodies of text and pictures, I condensed it into whats called a rage comic. For those of you non-redditors/4chan members, a rage comic is a comic that tells a story with strange and often hilarious characters. Usually they tell funny stories, but I used the format to make a very basic tutorial for noobs that is geared towards giving them the nuts and bolt of armoring, while still keeping them entertained. Please, let me know what you think. If this gets some good feedback, I might see what I can do about getting this moved to the noob forum, since it would probably be seen by a lot more noobs there than here in the creation discussion. I hope you enjoy it.

HhrE6.jpg

Ok, let me know what you think. If you think its the dumbest thing youve ever seen, tell me! And of course if you love it, tell me that too.

STICKY THIS
other than that statment this is a really good tutorial (for interweebers) the comic formmat is a unique one that could hellp alot of noobs out in the atual Armor making prosses good job Higdog

As a noob, I found this both entertaining and useful! It took a little while for me to find the right stickies in order to figure out fiberglass and fiberglass resin, and what you're supposed to do with them. If you added a few links to other stickies that explain things in further detail, that would be tremendously helpful to us noobs as well once we're done reading the comic. :p

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

Hey guys, Im glad you like it! I also see that there are a few more redditors on the 405th than I expected! Anyway, erayachi thanks for the suggestion, I like the idea but unfortunately there is no way for me to put direct links into the comic itself. I may eventually put some links in the comic that you would just have to type into your address bar. Less convenient, but thats what I can do.

"glue and foam, glue and foam, glue and foam.....im sensing a pattern here" -ben streeper

there, foam tutorial lol
XD If only it were that easy.. By the way, is there any way to transfer this thread to the noob forum to get a little insight on it from the noobs?

This post is one of the best in all.I belief in this site. All the user in this site was posting their notice about the post so great.So i posted this comment to discus their post.

Hey guys, Im glad you like it! I also see that there are a few more redditors on the 405th than I expected! Anyway, erayachi thanks for the suggestion, I like the idea but unfortunately there is no way for me to put direct links into the comic itself. I may eventually put some links in the comic that you would just have to type into your address bar. Less convenient, but thats what I can do.

I found this very enlightening and hilarious. Great job!

If you knew how to splice the comic and hyperlink each part of it so that it would link to another thread, you could do that. (That could be a bit too much effort on your part though). Reference links at some end of the comic would be nice. =3

Thanks for the support everyone! As suggested, Ive added some tutorial links to the comic. Well, theyre not exactly links, because I wasnt able to put clickable links into the image. So i just copy and pasted the web address in, you'll just have to type them in your address bar. The first post has been updated with the new comic, I hope you like it!

EDIT Oct 9, 2011: Ive also updated the pictures of my build in the comic, since my build is now all but completed.

I think this is a great tutorial. You did an awesome job. It's not overally complicated or to detailed, its a great high level idea of how to go about the pepakura armoring process. I especially like the way you illustrated everything. Great job all around. I saw this before, but forgot to respond then. Anyways, great job on this & great work on your armor.

-Tony

I like it. The comic covers all the basics, giving the reader an idea of what has to be done AND points people in the right direction to find out more. I generally don't like rage comics (I'm more of a demotivational poster guy), but this one is great. I aggree with the idea to sticky this in the Noob forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back