Looking for someone in the UK who can make custom designed armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk X spartan

Hi guys!

For a film, us 3 are trying to find guys who are willing to make custom armor, and weapons.

If anyone is interested, i will supply them with reference pictures.

WE are making the helmets tho. Out of card.
Will appreciate helpers!!!

Later looking for UK people who want to act in film!!!!

Dude, if you're already making the helmet, then make the rest of the armor. If you hate pepping (Like me) then make it out of foam.

so you're saying someone will make you full suits for free? I think no one is into the charity...

If you are planing to make a film but cant afford the props then wait until you have the funds to make some or pay some one to make some, no one will go out their way to make you free armor, sorry but it looks like you will have to wait.

Hi, have you any idea how much work/man hours goes into a suit of armour?
Cant see anyone realistically making one set and giving it away let alone several.

Might help if you can propperly identify 'you 3', what type and how much armour your looking for (a rough sketch might help?) and where in the UK you are.

We will be building these ourselves and we are aware it takes a considerable amount of time, what we want to know is if anyone would be interested in making parts for the main suit once we have our helmets built and have had time to sort out funding and the finer logistics.

I'm in the uk, but it would depend entirely on the financing, and whether I was expected to foot the bill for materials, along with the rate of commission, and the design of the suits.

My scratch building abilities are limited, depending on the cost of the commission and the design itself.

Feel free to message me if you figure out the amount of cash you have to back this :)

I'm realy interested if that what you're planning to make will really worth of any attencion cause as I can see you have no beggining funds (and you can see how many money do people spend on projects like that, how many time and hard work do they spend on this, just go ang watch Down Under Heaven project) you just need the fundament, you will be building your project on. So sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I think you shuld prepare seriously first, and then, and only then start working on suits , graphics and stuff like that...

Whoever said for free? i am willing to pay. idk about my associates, but i will.

ps in the film, if you're accepted to be an actor, you get a hoodie with your xbl gamertag and preferred spartan number!

you will be payed for your troubles. name your price and i ill try to pay in instalments.
i am currently saving up for a gas bb gun that i can modify the shall to make a M6G

we are preparing. i am part way through my Halo CE helmet, and its HUUUUUUJJJJE, but its still epic. ill start a new thread later

Hi, have you any idea how much work/man hours goes into a suit of armour?
Cant see anyone realistically making one set and giving it away let alone several.

Might help if you can propperly identify 'you 3', what type and how much armour your looking for (a rough sketch might help?) and where in the UK you are.

we are in worcestershire. and as i said earlier, i am willing to pay.

we wanted 3 suits of Halo CE armour torsos and codpieces. we will try the arms and legs and feet.

I'm realy interested if that what you're planning to make will really worth of any attencion cause as I can see you have no beggining funds (and you can see how many money do people spend on projects like that, how many time and hard work do they spend on this, just go ang watch Down Under Heaven project) you just need the fundament, you will be building your project on. So sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I think you shuld prepare seriously first, and then, and only then start working on suits , graphics and stuff like that...

HAHAHA! i absolutely agree! but my dad is helping, and i have two friends who are helping, one of which has already commented. we're starting off making 3 suits of Mk V armor. we have 1 helmet. took 3 days to pep. need to finish fibreglassing it, then visor, containg a couple of OLED transparent displays for the hud, fan, LEDs and the like. black with silver visor and highlights.

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon of doubters but if your having to save for co2 bb gun, your funding does appear limited.

The hard hours that go into a suit and the funds needed for resin and the rest can be high. For a good full suit it would reach over 1.5k. If you think about how much the creator would profit from the suit it would be under 3$/hour, unless of course they have moulds ready.

Stay around for a while, make your own suit, get your mates to make theirs, if their ambition is soo limited as to not bare making their own suit, i don't see how they could act a scene over and over for a film.

Additionally with the BB gun, it would be easier to make your own then adding the cardboard or wood to the outside then detailing it.
There is not much to making gas bb guns, some high psi rated tubing, a trigger assembly, and a trigger activated semi-automatic chamber. You can find schematics all over the net even by googling.

Good luck on the build, and how about some progress pics of the helm? :D Cheers.

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon of doubters but if your having to save for co2 bb gun, your funding does appear limited.

The hard hours that go into a suit and the funds needed for resin and the rest can be high. For a good full suit it would reach over 1.5k. If you think about how much the creator would profit from the suit it would be under 3$/hour, unless of course they have moulds ready.

Stay around for a while, make your own suit, get your mates to make theirs, if their ambition is soo limited as to not bare making their own suit, i don't see how they could act a scene over and over for a film.

Additionally with the BB gun, it would be easier to make your own then adding the cardboard or wood to the outside then detailing it.
There is not much to making gas bb guns, some high psi rated tubing, a trigger assembly, and a trigger activated semi-automatic chamber. You can find schematics all over the net even by googling.

Good luck on the build, and how about some progress pics of the helm? :D Cheers.

hehe, i agree, i guess we should have thought it over.

but we are gonna be moulding and selling Halo Ce helmets over the 405th to get some funds up, soo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back