Kat build, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieGitUrGuns

Hey everyone, my name is Annie and I am brand new to the 405th! I have been reading a lot on how to begin the process of making my MJOLNIR. I am beyond excited; however, there is one issue I need to ask about. Sorry if this has been addressed before, I searched and couldn't find it, but do you need to use your own personal measurements somehow when making these suits? I am pretty petite so I am worried that the Kat files that you all have in the Reach Pepkura thread might be too big for me. If anyone could help with this issue, that would be awesome. Thanks guys and gals!

Hi there Annie

First of all welcome to 405th.. and second i havent done pepakura so long so im no expert on this but Ill think that if your are making a costume to your self then its best to use your owen measurements.

Cant say that for sure, so dont hang me on it if some one sayes other wise..

Armor pieces are indeed scaled to you body size. Once you open the file in pepakura designer, you can scale the pieces to your body size. Read the stickies on how to scale armor to your body, scaling armor, printing, etc.
Unless you purchased pep designer, you won't be able to save any modifications to the piece. Look up my last few posts; I recently replied to someone on how to use pep designer as well as how to scale. If you can't find the answer still, again, the only thing I can suggest is to read the stickies. There is TONS of info in the stickies. That will be your first and foremost thing to do, read, read, and read some more. Then you figure out what parts you need, scale, print, cut, glue, resin, fiberglass, padding, strapping, done. Sounds easy right? It can and it can't be, it all depends on how much effort you put into it and how much you pay attention.

Also, it's frowned upon to start WIP threads without any photos... If you have questions, there's already other open treads to post questions in.
Good luck.

First of all, sorry about posting without a photo, I apologize. I am just reading to try to get a full picture of the steps I need to take to do this. And second, thank you all so much for the help! I have been reading and it seems that starting is the hardest part. This is going to be challenging and fun. :)

Hello and Welcome!

As a newer member myself, make sure to read the stickies and such. There is invaluable information in there. Good luck on your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back