Hylian Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regooba

Good morning everyone, my name is Regooba but most folks just call me Goob. I am new to prop and armor making but I've spent some time doing stagecrafting. That said I wanted to start out small. I found the design online for a Hylian shield, the on that Link uses in the Legend of Zelda: OoT game.

I've already got resin on the top and slushed the bottom with rondo according to Ben. Now what I want to do with it is sand it to prep it for making a master cast I guess? I want to make a blank template to blank template of the shield, one that I can sand details into, paint, and then give as a gift. It's a present for my buddy, I'll carve his clan crest, Clan MacIntyre onto the shield.

So my question is, if I'm going to be making molds and casting them, what sort of materials will I need? I know I'll pick up paint later, I just want to make the molds for now. I might do more shield in the future as well. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also if you want to see what I've done so far with the shield, just check out my blog for pics down in my sig.

-Goob

Thanks Mitch35542, I'll take a second look through there. Wasn't quite sure how much material to use the shield is about 2' long, 1' 9.5" wide, and about 5-6" tall. Didn't know if a trial size would of that Smoothcast stuff would work or not. Appreciate the help mate!

IMG_0216.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back