Xtremenoob's Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtremenoob

i made a costume in the past about 2 years ago and it didn't look very good so i decided to do a proper job. My first bit of armor i started was the Mark VI HD chest piece by FLYINGSQUIRL.
P9171211.jpg
once did the back it was phenomenal on how much detail was on the back i just hope it doesn't go away when i put some bondo on it later.
Unfortunately the back was a bit small in my mind so i made a bigger one. So when i put together another back piece and here were the dramatic size differences.
P9181213.jpg

Ill upload the pics once iv finished and fiber-glassed the inside. If your probably wondering since card stock 110 doesn't go through my printer like a hot knife through butter i have to glue normal 80 ply sheets onto the card stock it is a bit of a hassle because the 80 pieces of paper rip up when your sanding.
P9171210.jpg
money is a big hassle but i WILL get it finished.

Hey extremenoob, the chest looks great man, and it is such a tough piece, all the rest is child's play.

It's no good to hear about you having to glue the paper on before cutting, but.... I picked up a 57$ Epson Stylus NX125 from harvey norman that prints 110lb stock just fine. It is a very common printer and seeing as you live in queensland too you should be able to find one.

Good luck with the build man and also, with the detail on the chest piece, you might not even have to use body filler on it. Sometimes if the piece doesn't need any touching up you can just paint straight over the resin after reinforcing the inside.

Oh but if you have to keep gluing that paper before you cut look into a product called adhesive spray, it is like a spray on glue, fantastic stuff.

thanks alot guys every little bit of advice helps. Funny i bought some spray glue today lol, i am going to buy that printer tomorrow. Work was cancelled today and i did have to use some body filler ill update soon

Where in queensland do you live mate? If you're close you could always come over and use mine, got 4 spare black cartridges, waiting for a new cutting head for my sillhouette, the first one broke on the 20th page...
But yeah if your in the area, i don't mind helping out.

update

i fiber-glassed every where an bondo the whole lot it still needs a bit of sanding but it looks allright sorry about all the pics. i have known 405th since halo 3 around 2005 but didnt want to sign up due me to young at that age (10-11) so i made a costume when i was 13 it looked great but wasnt a 5/5 thing you know so i am going to be as (professional) as i can.
P9191217.jpg
P9191216.jpg
P9191214.jpg

bondo
P9241218.jpg
cut in half
P9241219.jpg
smoothen and some detail
P9251227.jpg
undercoated it looks good an very smooth but i still have to keep sanding ;(
P9291234.jpg
all my dogs heirs went on the chest piece when it was wet.

i did a bit of the back piece today ill get it done tomorrow ;).
P9301235.jpg
There is a few warp spots but body filler fixes that
P9301240.jpg
P9301239.jpg

pepped and resined all pieces except 2 and that is the left thigh and the forearm
PA081255.jpg
, and i then rondo the outside of all the pieces
PA091285.jpg
PA091286.jpg
PA091287.jpg
PA091288.jpg

I started sanding the shin and it was really easy so i filled all the gaps and little holes with blade putty and will continue when i get back from work tomorrow.
(P.S.) i ordered some silicone products from a local store so when i get it i will start molding all the pieces.
I WILL UPDATE AT THE END OF THE WEEK BECAUSE I HAVE WORK (like most people) I ONLY GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF WORK DONE AND NOT WORTH UPDATING.

Not much this weak guys i have just been working on the front chest piece and hardly got around to the remaining pieces
PA161318.jpg
i looked at other peoples work and realized my work was way of and not smooth so i scrapped most detail and started again this is why it took me so long
PA161321.jpg
you would most agree it looks a lot better than before and i also built a wall and it is ready for molding
PA161322.jpg

this is how i make my realistic screws,bolts with clay
PA191332.jpg
. This is the most common one i use
Items :
spray can cap
allen key
clay
1 imprint clay with cap
PA191333.jpg

2 smoothen clay around imprint
PA191334.jpg

3 make indent with what ever tool you want
PA191335.jpg
just letting you know i rushed this because i had to go to work and if i did put this on any of my projects i would done it to the highest of my ability with more detail then shown

GOD IM A NOOB
hey guys i slabbed on the first layer of silicone
PA211332.jpg

then for the thick coat i added thixatropic but i bought the wrong one (it was meant to thicken other silicone products but not the one i bought) it didn't cure even after 4-6hr so i had to tear it off and i ended up wasting 3/4 of silicone now i don't have enough to mold it again ;(. ill save up after MW3 comes out and by a massive order of silicone and polyurethane. so i will fix up all the other pieces and mold then in the future im sorry guys but it was my first attempt and have learnt from it. I bought a 2kg kit next i will by a 10kg.

i know this may not be exiting but my mum went to a def leppard concert last night and Joe Elliott reached out and handed his pick to my mum. It is now in a frame ;)

IM SORRY GUY'S & GAL'S
i havent updated in a long while about the suit and im sorry money is really bad and as this is a expensive hobby you need money at the pay rate im on, to order to order a big amount of silicone and casting resin it will take 4-6weeks ;(. ill do updates. but will be a while so for now im making an battle rifle out of of cuts while i wait to get more money.

hey guys its been a while i ordered some dragon skin and smooth-cast 320 from smoothon and since i live in Australia the postage came to was $250 that's a whole weeks pay ITS cheaper to buy overseas then buying from a local dealer and iv only got another 2 weeks to go so im going to do as much as i can before i run out of money.
Update: helmet bondo but not sanded, thigh's had to redo due to wrong size, left gauntlet still needs to be printed out im hoping to get the helmet done and molded so i cam start selling them and the little profit i would get will go to making the full suit. ill post some pics within the next few days of the helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back