GOW Amor/Weapons Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunsfuhd

Blogging my progress of GOW Amor at http://lunsfuhd.blogspot.com/

This is my first "real" attempt at making any kind of armor so if you're a n00b like I am, this is a great place for you to get some pointers.

So, after playing Gears of War 3, I decided I wanted to replicate the new sleeveless COG Amor.

gears-of-war-3-metacritic-praises-xbox-360-evil-controllers1.jpg

My friend's favorite character is Cole, however there are some seriously limited resources when it comes to the details of his armor.

So I'm doing a combination of Marcus' and Baird's COG amor.

I'm using both the pepakura and foam methods to achieve the most accurate build of COG armor.

However, I'm going to treat you as if you have no idea what I'm talking about. So I'll give you the low-down on my methods...

Pepakura is...
Paper models, also called card models or papercraft, that are models constructed mainly from sheets of heavy paper, paperboard, or card stock.

You can download files of pepakura from various sources, but instead of GOW, let's say you love Halo. In fact, you love Halo so much you want to spend 30+ hours and $75+ making amor that looks just like the Chief.

Well, in order for you to look like your favorite heretic, you'll have to first download this...
Pepakura Viewer

After you download the viewer, you're going to be looking for pepakura files, or rather ".pdo" files. Which you can find at a place like this...
Halo Costuming Index

This website not only gives you all of the files, but also teaches you every step of the armor making process.

Now, as for "foam" building...go here.

This is a tutorial from IndyMogul which will tell you everything you need to know about working with foam.

There is also a fantastic blog about one man's progress with Mass Effect N7 armor using EVA foam.

You can buy EVA foam pads at most hardware stores. They look like big grey puzzle pieces and are used to give workstations and fitness rooms soft flooring.

Back to the build...
As per usual, the fellas over at 405th.com have really helped me with my build. For this, I would like to sincerely say, "Thank you." Specifically, I'm using this post as a general guide for this project.

For the torso amor. I'm using a pepakura file of Marcus from GOW3...
Torso PDO
529201133048pm.png

I'm very happy with this find. As I intend on adding the EVA foam to the surface of the pepakura build, it's good to have a low resolution file to work with as a "base."

It's 67 pages, so go make a sandwich, or play a game of Capture the Leader while you wait.

Done printing? Brilliant.

Now you spend hours and hours cutting...
photo+3.JPG

Im new to the site and was looking for unfolded pdos for anya stroud in gow3 or a foam pattern, is there such a thing?

Yessshhhhh! I've been hoping a COG build would pop up, there aren't enough. Good luck, i hope to make one in the future too, perhaps this will serve as sufficient motivation :thumbsup

do you know where i can find them unfolded? like the belt and boots pdos or foam template?

This is the full suit i think, with the onyx guard attachments. That's all I have I'm afraid.

Attachments

• Onyx Guard collection [Gears of War 3].zip
    668.1 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back