Props M7/ M7S Caseless Submachine Gun WIP by L05T V1K1N6

Status
Not open for further replies.

L05T V1K1N6

Hello again everyone. It's been a while.

I've been trying to decide on what my next 405th project would be for a good long while now, and I think I finally know. No, it's not the Reach shotgun like I've said in the past. In fact, it's not even the submachine gun. No, what I have in mind is far more ambitious than either.

But I'm not ready to reveal what it just yet. In the mean time, I've decided to start this WIP as a relatively small project to tide myself over until it's that time. It's a project I've wanted to do for a very long time, and I figured better late than never. But I could use some help. If anyone can provide me with accurate, to-scale schematics of the Halo 3/ ODST SMG for reference material I would be very greatful.

I'll be getting supplies tomorrow so I plan on getting started before the weekend, but I need to work out the scale first, so like I said, any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matt. (and Wizard of course!) Those blueprints should be a good starting point. I'm also in need of dimensions, i.e. height, width, barrel diameter and so forth. Length isn't an issue as it's already listed in the Halo Encyclopedia, or as I like to call it, The Holy Bible XD.

Thanks guys.

Thanks Matt. (and Wizard of course!) Those blueprints should be a good starting point. I'm also in need of dimensions, i.e. height, width, barrel diameter and so forth. Length isn't an issue as it's already listed in the Halo Encyclopedia, or as I like to call it, The Holy Bible XD.

Thanks guys.

I have one of Matsuo's SMG's that he made for the Operation Chastity fan film. It's accurately 1:1 scale. I can provide it as a reference for measurements if you need assistance

What is wrong with the ODST SMG in the Halo Pepakura All-in-One pack? It looks pretty good to me.

I'm afraid Pepakura is of no use to me as I specialize in wood working.

I have one of Matsuo's SMG's that he made for the Operation Chastity fan film. It's accurately 1:1 scale. I can provide it as a reference for measurements if you need assistance

That would be quite helpful :) I already drew up a side profile, but I still need to know the width of the gun. Well, actually all the various widths would be great if thats not too much to ask for. Please and thank you!

Thanks guys.
Hi, If you look for Marshon's scratch weapon build tutorial http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32627-Tutorial-Scratchbuilt-cardboard-weapons-for-noobs, he has a cool way to work dimension sizes from a picture as long as you know one of the dimensions. Print out at full size then take your other measurements with a ruler.

I'm afraid Pepakura is of no use to me as I specialize in wood working.
It is a 3D solid, of course it is useful to you for wood working! Export the OBJ from Pepakura and measure parts in Google Sketchup or another 3D modeling software.

I think people forget that underneath all those sliced up polygons is an actual 3D model that can be made out of something other than paper.

Just an example of how you can do dimensions with Google Sketchup from a Pepakura file:

odst_smg_dims.png

The beginning!

1117.jpg

1118.jpg

1119.jpg

In a effort to make efficient use of time, I'm making all of my templates at the same time so that once all the pieces are drawn, all I'll have to do is cut, shape, and glue 'em up.

And this guy's gonna be along for the ride.
1120.jpg

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Juilet76 for extensive help with dimensions. Thanks mate!

Stay tuned.

The beginning!

1117.jpg

1118.jpg

1119.jpg

In a effort to make efficient use of time, I'm making all of my templates at the same time so that once all the pieces are drawn, all I'll have to do is cut, shape, and glue 'em up.

And this guy's gonna be along for the ride.
1120.jpg

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Juilet76 for extensive help with dimensions. Thanks mate!

Stay tuned.

Dude. My ODST got the green/blue/grey paint job. I wasn't too happy with that. Good luck, yo.!

(Personally, I think Spawn/ McFarlane is fraking up on thier Halo line...)

Agreed, the ODST Jetpack Trooper is totally wrong. Wrong shoulders, wrong chest, wrong pouches, missing gauntlets, everything. They just slapped an ODST helmet and neck guard on to a Trooper with a jetpack.

well to let u all know tho it should be series 5 is coming back out with the odst again. but this time its right ad with a mongoose

Time for a well overdue update. I kinda forgot about this project for a few weeks :$
Anyway, I actually started building yesterday and here's what I've got so far.

2011-12-04183034.jpg

2011-12-04183053.jpg

2011-12-04183142.jpg

The suppressors are PVC pipe with modified endcaps that fit snugly over 1" dowel (SMG barrels)

2011-12-04183512-1.jpg

2011-12-04183444-1.jpg

Bolt mechanism

2011-12-05155140-1.jpg

Probably not the most elegant solution for hanging the tube, but Hell, it works :D
2011-12-05155201-1.jpg

And here's a video of how it all goes together and works.

There will be many more updates in the days to come as I rapidly throw these babies together so stick around!

-This post is Rookie APROVED!-
2011-12-04164539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More updates.

2011-12-06182557.jpg

2011-12-06182702.jpg

2011-12-06194636.jpg

2011-12-06194652.jpg

So that's the barrels and upper receivers completed. Here's the grips:

2011-12-07153706.jpg

2011-12-07174544.jpg

2011-12-07174645.jpg