Mark V build (WIP) pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
ignore all photos on this page
all further progress on page 3 and so on[/color]
i messed up with printer paper on this first posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good so far! By the way, are you cutting that out with Scissors? Because that will get extremely difficult as your peps increase in difficulty. Id highly suggest getting an X-acto knife. It makes cutting these things out waaay easier.

Well due to printer problems and the size of paper i have at the oment i wasnt able to do the back or helmet. so i started on the forearm and some handplates. please let me know your input or any comment about the armor.
markvforearm001.jpg

markvforearm006.jpg

markvforearm007.jpg

i used a folder and traced my hand for the sizing of the hand plate.
markvforearm002.jpg

markvforearm003.jpg

markvforearm005.jpg

markvforearm004.jpg

this is all my progress so far.
markvforearm008.jpg

i have been spiffing up my hand plates abit. but the arent exactly alike. but i think when i have them finished it will be to hard to tell.
handplates001.jpg
handplates003.jpg
handplates004.jpg
they are pretty thick.
handplates005.jpg
handplates006.jpg
handplates009.jpg

Well i finished cutting out my left forearm. What i will be doing to keep progress going during the school year is peping small things at night after i have cut them out the previous night and peping and fiberglassing and all that timey stuff on weekends. so i will have a steady progress growth. let me know what you think of my first build so far.

just finished the other forearm. they wer both really bulky so i cut them in half and folded them over. they look more flush now.
forearms2001.jpg

the one on the left is an uncut, and un folded one. see the difference.
forearms2002.jpg

let me know what you think so far on my first build.

I'm doing that same suit :D same pep and everything. It looks like you're using normal printer paper. you have to use cardstock or the paper will mush with the resin on it. the default size of the forearm was perfect for me, though.

I'm doing that same suit :D same pep and everything. It looks like you're using normal printer paper. you have to use cardstock or the paper will mush with the resin on it. the default size of the forearm was perfect for me, though.

dang i hope that really wont happen. i tested it on some marine shoulders and it was fine. or r u talking about when i fiberglass it. because the resin was fine

well the gig is up... i used printer paper like an idiot would and now i am gonna have to start over. sorry guys THIS SUCKS

well the gig is up... i used printer paper like an idiot would and now i am gonna have to start over. sorry guys THIS SUCKS

It happens man, don't sweat it.

I was about to say something but another member beat me to it. It is pretty clear from your pictures that the pep pieces bubble and fall into themselves here and there, and thats exactly what happens with regular paper. The reason cardstock is used is that it is more rigid, and it soaks up the resin much better without warping (if braced correctly, that is).

Just be very careful on your folds when you get some cardstock. The work you do on your pep will follow you through the rest of your build, so work to make those folds clean and crisp!

Good luck and stay patient, its a loooong project, and it is so worth it by the end haha :)

It happens man, don't sweat it.

I was about to say something but another member beat me to it. It is pretty clear from your pictures that the pep pieces bubble and fall into themselves here and there, and thats exactly what happens with regular paper. The reason cardstock is used is that it is more rigid, and it soaks up the resin much better without warping (if braced correctly, that is).

Just be very careful on your folds when you get some cardstock. The work you do on your pep will follow you through the rest of your build, so work to make those folds clean and crisp!

Good luck and stay patient, its a loooong project, and it is so worth it by the end haha!!

YES. This is a LONG process that does require A LOT of work!! Remember, look to the stickies for help!! If I were you, I would look at the "complete noob reading list" stickie!! That's what I did!! And, your pepping looked GREAT!! Just please invest in an X-acto knife, they are AMAZING!!

No, just keep it going in this one. But in the very first post in the thread, put that the new helm starts on whatever page it starts

I wish you the best of luck in your armor making journey! I know it can be tricky, as I had to abandon my first WIP for a variety of reasons, the primary of which being all my pep models were crushed by a wayward box and a pair of buttery fingers. It was a sad day, but I AM going to make a suit of armor even if it kills me!

Persistence!
Patience!
Practice!

and eventually

PERFECTION!

This is what we aspire to! So keep at it! And eventually, you will make a suit to rival that of the Cosplay Gods!

Last edited by a moderator:
here are pics of my Mark V helmet. wich i am not satisfied with at ALL. i know it is my first helmet pep but i am going to make another one and be extra careful with my folds. THIS IS A TRIAL AND ERROR PROCESS
helmet1001.jpg

helmet1002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back