Question about armor quality/prices. (NOT a buy/sell/trade thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helljumper817

This is the first time in a very long time i've posted on here so I -hope- I'm doing this right.
>.<
I wanted to get some outside opinions about pricing for armor? I have a full ODST armor set with SMG and Pistol. Really nice. Originally I commissioned it from someone(won't name names) but I was wondering how much would a set of armor like that sell for?

Not that I really want to sell it, I love the armor. But money is getting tight and me and my wife really need the extra help so I was thinking about putting it up for sale but I just don't know what is a reasonable/good asking price for a complete set of armor. And when I say complete I mean everything.
Under Armour shirt, pants, gloves, helmet, shoulder pad armor, gauntlets, backpack/tactical vest, chest plate, waist/thigh armor, shin guards, knee pads/armor, combat boots, smg, pistol. So yeah..

I apologize in advance if the noob forum was the wrong place to post a question like this. I just wanted to be clear I wasn't asking anyone for anything or trying to sell something. Just needed a question answered >.<;;

I would start with getting a reasonable estimate of the costs of the raw materials you used for the suit, if possible.

Secondly, I would try to estimate how many hours you worked on the suit, and then decide on a cost for your time. Then, you can determine a price for the labor you put into the suit. (# of hours X cost of your time in $/hour)

Add this to the material cost and you have base price. I would guess that it should be at least a few hundred dollars (~$500+). Then, if you get any interested buyers, you can negotiate a price up or down from there. Alternatively, price the suit higher than your "honest" cost estimate to leave room for a potential buyer to negotiate down, which enables you to still at least break even.

That's how I would try to go about selling a Halo costume. Good luck!

I agree. Without photos, I don't think we can give an guestimate price. I build several sets of armors for my kids. Each set roughly cost me about $300 in materials. Including workman hours, I would say each will probably cost $800.

I don't think my kids' armor are top quality. I'll be lucky if I can get $400 for each of the suits.

I would say $500 is the right price, assuming the quality is so-so. If the quality is like those of Blue Realm Studios, an armor can easily fetch $1,500 and above.

Of course that depends on supply and demand. If there is no demand, there is no market.

Update:
Spitfire - it is amazing how both of us come to the same price. :)

Oh sorry guys xD like I said, it's been a while. Here are some pics.. And please don't misunderstand. I did not create all of this armor. Like I said, the initial build was created by someone else. I just added onto it, built the pistol and bought the clothing that goes underneath. Also added in some extra cushion to the suit because when I first got it, it hurt like hell to wear lol

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/Riku_Atsuki/RL Stuff/odstcostume.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/Riku_Atsuki/RL Stuff/odstcostume2.jpg

Bump? lol
Still waiting on an answer(posted pics) so yeahh. @_@

Not sure what answer are you expecting. If you expect to fetch anything more than $500 is a liittle of a stretch. Plus, you can't sell anything here until you reach Infantryman status. Mod locks any thread that try to sell things in the general forum.

I agree with CoolC. We can't just look at the photos and be like "Hmmm, that suit is worth $XXX.XX". I was hoped that you had received enough information to make an informed estimate yourself.

If it was commissioned for you and you simply added stuff onto it, why don't you start off with how much you payed for it, and then add the cost estimation of the additions you've made. Sorry, but I don't think anyone but a serious buyer is going to give you a definite monetary amount of how much that suit is worth or how much it should be sold for.

-face palm-
I was NOT trying to sell the suit on here. Just wanted expert opinion. >_> considering I paid way more than 500 for it I'm not going to sell it for that. Honestly if the suit looks like its worth only that then I was seriously ripped off lol

Again, I'm not selling anything on this site. And I don't have time to become veteran or whatever here. Just wanted to get some outside opinions from people who know more about this stuff than I do. I'll start with what I paid for it I guess. Thanks for the info guys, sorry if I came off like I was trying to pitch a sale. I honestly wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back