Dragon Age Blood Dragon Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovemberAdam

Jr Member
Good morning everyone. You may remember me from such classic costumes as "Jorge, Bigger than Life", and "Ack my son is a grunt!". Well my next project I am undertaking is a set of Blood Dragon Armor from Dragon Age 2 (I'm going to be Hawke).

There doesn't seem to be a pepakura file for this armor, so I am going to try working in EVA foam, and was wondering if I can get some ideas from you fine folks on the best process for this.

Should I go the reduction method for the breast plate, using the thicker interlocking EVA foam we are all familiar with, and carve the details in that. Or go with the additive method, of using thinner EVA and adding a crap load of bondo to build up the details.

Also what is the best method for shaping a curve into the EVA so it holds and doesn't flatten out again?

Plus there is a pic, to give you and idea of what I'm looking for! :)

mwzjub.jpg

I really can not wait to see progress on this! Dragon Age is probably my second favorite game series after Halo. I even considered making the Robes of the Champion when I finish my ODST armor.

Foam is probably the better way to go with this, since there are so many interlocking pieces. I wish you luck on your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back