Having trouble painting, dunno what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trando434

Hey all, I was painting a mask, and I used directions and such from multiple websites and tutorials. But for some reason everytime spray the paint down and remove the painter's tape, I always get this:

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

mask4.jpg

this is what the mask looks like, and yes I know that the bottom triangle is off center, I have to fix that.

Also does anyone know any good stencil techniques? I tried a COG Emblem by printing it on sticky paper and then cutting the stencil out with an exacto knife, but the paint bled through and made it nasty.
mask3.jpg

The reason it bled was because the surface that you placed the tape or stencil on wasn't completely smooth, this leave space for paint to bleed, make sure you press the tape down into any dents or indentions and it should be good

what pipinacan said. Make sure the tape is on there, and what i do is press the edges down with my thumb nail kind of like a squeegie. Also, do a few LIGHT coats of paint. Should help it stick to the surface of the piece and not run everywhere. It takes a little longer to get the bold and thick color but it helps not make a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back