HEY LOOK! another veteran ranger WIP *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should try to make video updates :D it shows so much more then just a picture :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks tiberius :)

Vigge42, lol i might try that sometime, but i have enough trouble just remembering to take pictures of my progress haha, but i will try.

boss build man! love the raincoat! my personal favorite is the pick with the remington revolver! definitely a must follow! keep it up dude!!

*edit* My camera is dead right now so progress will have to wait till tomorrow, Monday.

thanks for the compliments guys! unfortunately the revolver is my cousins lol.

So teaser update until i edit this and post up progress tomorrow.
100MEDIAIMAG0335.jpg

the helmet isnt painted at all yet, i was spending all day mounting the lenses and getting the helmet to clasp to the mask.

Awesome work, I really love the paint. The half tones and use of washes really show nicely.:D

This build is amazing, I love all the detail you've put into it over time!

My friend loves Fallout, and he'd probably hug the crap out of you!

Well everyone who has been watching, and new viewers as well of course, my costume is pretty much complete, well complete enough to show off. My mask is slightly diff from the game, I added some extra bumps n bruises to it to make it look more worn, veteran rangers are just that, veterans int he service, they have been through a lot, like taking a deathclaws cross slash to the cheek. Thank goodness for pre-war metal and tech! ;)
First though, some of the last WIP pics :)
IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

my mask and helm. the helm sits on the mask by two long rivets in the front of the helm, and a small screw in a slot in the rear, which is how it clasps int he rear in the game as well.
IMG_3539.jpg

you can see the screw in the buckle here
IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

and the two together
IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

and now in the mirror.
IMG_3550.jpg

close up of chest and belts. I am still missing the ammo belt and rounds though
IMG_3541.jpg

the water bag/camelback/rebreather on the back. this will hold an actual bladder so i have some water during cons, this costume is warm. :eek

Eek, double but I didn't have any room for my mini photoshoot i did outside.

BTW thorn and revielle, thanks for the compliments, it makes me feel great.

Now onto the hotness!
IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

ya i switched hands, buuuuut i actually shoot lefty anyway so it feels more natural to take pics like that.
IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

borrowed my mum's old 38 (not loaded made sure myself, in case anyone was worried)
IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

I hate it when my gun breaks in mid combat, oh well time for fisticuffs!!
IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

So i just realized i completely forgot pictures with the lights working, but ya they turn on, the bottom is a spotlight, and the top is a red led.

Well that's it for now, I will still be adding to this a little, like a voice amp, some pouches on the back of the coat, and a rifle, but all n all, its complete. comments and critique welcomed!

BTW some of you may have noticed the 405 i added the helm. That is my ode to this community, were it not for all you wonderful people, i never would have had the urge to create this costume, or even figure out what i want to do with my life now, which is go into sfx and properties. So for that, i thank this community, truly.

until later, Cinderblock returning to patrol.

Even though I've never played the Fallout series, you're definitely talented and your costume looks really cool. Keep it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back