Frack's Covenant Elite Costuming Thread (Build Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frack19

Having built an elite costume in the past, I know that anything related to elite builds is pretty hard to find. I'd like to start a thread where the few elite builders on this site can share their information, advice, and pepakura files, so we don't all have to spend hours looking for the stuff. I don't know if it'll work, I'm a noob and all, but I figured it was worth a shot.

UPDATE: Here is my collection of Elite Pepakura thus far. It is unsorted, so there may be duplicates/modifications:
http://www.4shared.com/file/FqL1YQ8F/Elite_Pepakura.html

In the next few days, I'll be putting up links to all of the elite pepakura armor I have found/used, as well as details on how I made and assembled the non-pepakura parts of the costume (eyes, teeth, hands, feet, lower legs, etc.). I'll also post links to forum topics of other elite creators. If you have links you would like to share, please do so, I'll add them to the top post.

Below are some pictures of my elite costume. I'll be uploading details of individual pieces soon. I'm not an expert in this stuff by any means, but as I have seen almost no complete elite builds on this site, I would be happy to share what I know with anyone who has any questions on how it was made. And yes, the sword is PINK, so sue me. I thought it looked cool. Plus it makes my costume unique. :)

elite_head___final_by_frack19-d32u4ws.jpg

elite_costume_007_by_frack19-d32u608.jpg

I'm currently looking for the Reach elite armor, so if anyone knows where I can find that, or if anyone would be generous enough to post files, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll post the files I used for this costume if anyone shows interest.

Let's get some Elites out there.

Although I don't have any specific files to share you could probably find a wide selection of files using the advanced search option both here and any search engine really, that's how I managed to discover some really awesome files (planning to build this winter).

This looks pretty legit, I especially like that you added an actual elite tentacle face (lol, that sounds so odd)

I am curious about What you made this out of, it looks really really shiny.

This looks pretty legit, I especially like that you added an actual elite tentacle face (lol, that sounds so odd)
I am curious about What you made this out of, it looks really really shiny.

I was especially proud of the face - I tried to make it look as elite-like as possible. Glad you like it. :)
The majority of the costume is made from heavy-duty cardstock, which is then covered inside and out with packaging tape, and then I applied spray paint. It created a really nice shiny effect.
My goal with this costume was to make it as inexpensive as possible, so there is NO FIBERGLASS anywhere. I basically bought a bunch of paper, tape, and paint, and then got creative with whatever else I had lying around. And it actually turned out well!

Glad to hear you're making an elite. Best of luck! :D

I would love to have some reach elite armor as well. If I could find the Elite Ultra files, I would literally abandon my reach spartan and go to Elite on the spot.
On another note, Frack, whatever you tried to put in your last post doesnt appear to work

I am going to be trying to put together an elite outfit using heat shaped padding and plexiglass based on Reach spec ops class

My goal with this costume was to make it as inexpensive as possible, so there is NO FIBERGLASS anywhere

Yeah. That's what I did for my ODST armor. I just disn't have the money to fiberglass and I had WAY too much cardboard. It turned out nice though.

Nice! Glad to see some other people have built elite costumes. It'd be cool to see some pictures, feel free to upload them if you have them.
Haven't found any reach files yet, looks like someone on this site has a helmet, but that's about all that exists in pepakura land as far as I know.
In other news, I'm way to lazy to update this page with any sort of regularity, so don't expect frequent updates. I'd still like to hear about everyone's costumes, tho. Pictures of all my costume parts are on Flickr - my photostream username is Frack19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back