Pyronari's Mark VI HD Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyronari

Jr Member
Hello everyone on 405th Ill start posting pics and progress on my build as i go. I hope you all enjoy looking at the work of a noob.

First off, i want to put some thank you's out to people that inspired me and helped me work out issues through there posts.

So thank you very much to:

Longshot-x I feel you really set the standard of how a build should look, and have a awesome lighting theme that I feel will add to my armor when its done.

Phillydon21 Reading your post i got some ideas on how to add detail that i would not have done so easily otherwise.

Roadkiller you put together the noob reading list which I found to be very helpful.

HaloGoddess your guide on how to scale the armor answered all my questions and saved a lot of headache.

Dannifood4less for the helmet pep.

Flying squirl for the chest pep.

Robogenesis for the shoulders, hands, and boot pep.

ralpartha for unfolding shoulders and forearm.

Nugget for the forearm model.

crackhead09 for the codpiece, thighs, and shins.

I also want to thank the 405th in general for the awesome place to share a wonderful hobby and works of art with like minded individuals.

Helmet pep.

H5-1.jpg

H5-2.jpg

H5-3.jpg

I apolagise for the pictures if they seem a little grainy, i use my Iphone 3gs to take my pics.

Here is the helmet with some detail added and a coat of resin on the outside.

H5-G1.jpg

H5-G4.jpg

H5-G3.jpg

H5-G2.jpg

the colored detail pieces are a art supply foam with a adhesive back that i cut and applied to get the details to look the way i wanted them, when i bondo it, it should really jump out and clean up the look.

Here are the shoulders as paper no resin.

SH1-6.jpg

SH1-5.jpg

Sh1-4.jpg

Sh1-3.jpg

Sh1-2.jpg

the forearms are done as well, and ill those pics probably tomorrow after i do the hands so i can do both sets of pics at once. anyways tell what you think guys, feedback would be great, tell me if you think its good or if it sucks, I'm a adult and can handle constructive criticism.

Your pep work looks really good. Best of luck with your project.:)

Your pep work its looking really clean and precise! this should look fantastic when its done. That's a really ingenuitive idea to add foamy bits to add detail.

Good luck on the project :)

Welcome to the 405th Pyronari!

Thanks for the compliment in your 1st post.

So far you seem to be on the right track. Your pepping looks good, but I do see some minor warping on the shoulders near the bottom (on the 4th pic). I assume that it will get corrected before you resin the piece. I had similar issues with mine on those shoulder pieces. All I could do was to heat up the hot glue to melt the tabs and then reglue them back to help straighten out the minor warping.

Foamies! I still have to add a few of those to my suit.

Good luck on your project.

:)

Here are the pics of forearm pieces pre fiberglass, Ill do updated pics of all pieces fiber glassed after i start the bondo phase since a resin covered paper looks the same as a pre resined paper.

FA1-4.jpg

FA1-2.jpg

FA1-3.jpg

FA1-4.jpg

Attachments

• FA1-4.jpg
    FA1-4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 124
Did the chest piece today, i think that was the worst piece Ive assembled so far. It took a lot of time to assemble.

CH1-2.jpg

CH1-1.jpg

I usually spend my days off working on the project so every week after my days off, ill upload what I have been able to do. this week I did the boots, the codpiece, the left shin, and the left thigh. The left thigh I sized so it fits, but didn't leave enough room for foam and the thickness of the padded motocross pants ill probable buy for the under suit. Because of this i wont upload the picture since I will be redoing it so I have one sized correctly.

Here is the pics of the boots I did. They turned out pretty good. I felt there were some minor flaws in the assembly of them, but i wasn't able to fix it to my liking. However It will be easily corrected in the resin / bondo phase of the project so ill keep the ones i made.

B1-6.jpg

B1-5.jpg

B1-4.jpg

B1-3.jpg

B1-2.jpg

B1-1.jpg

Here is the codpiece. It fit but lacked the extra space i wanted for foam and under suit, so I modified it buy cutting it were I will end up splitting it and making a custom extension there that actually fit well on it and wont be detectable after resin / bondo phase. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

CP1-2.jpg

CP1-1.jpg

well that is my updates for now. Let me know what you think. again sorry for the pics being grainy there from my phone. Also you might notice my cat got in the picture. for those who want to start a project that has pets, keep your stuff up, or it will be a pet toy. I have to keep my stuff up or my cats play in them.

Just a quick update I did the left thigh piece today and it fit to my satisfaction. I can gladly say I have only 4 pieces left to pep, then I can be done with that phase and start the resin and bondo phase. Im going to try to make the right thigh and shin pieces and the two hand plates prior to next weeks days off so i can get some resin and bondo done on my days off. Hopefully Ill have some good update pics for you guys then.

Well time for a update. The pep work is done!! I am so glad to be done with this phase of the build. Im looking forward to starting the fiberglass and resin phase of this build, Unfortunately it might be like a week and a half before I can really get to it. Ill post some picks of the new pepped pieces later on. Also for the painting of the armor i decided to buy airbrushing supplies instead of using spray paint. The airbrush stuff came today and i tested it out I think it will look great, however I cant seem to find the right shade of green. Does anyone know what colors work best for the armor suits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back