My Son as Arbiter on Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a chibi arbiter o my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it its just so cute

LOL! That's awesome! hahaha what would have been even more awesome was if some other (random) kid on your block was Master Chief, then the two kids would dominate the whole neighborhood!!

Epic costume is Epic.

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words.

We went to a Trunk and Treat thing on Sunday night and he could hardly walk around the parking lot with those big cloven Sangheili feet. So Monday night when we walked around our neighborhood, I decided to leave the bottom half of the costume at home.

The sword lights up but you couldn't see it well until it got dark. I'll post a dark picture with the sword shortly.

Here's the Energy Sword

Here's the energy sword. The lights were out in the kitchen when I took this. My old Nikon D40 brightened up this picture with a long exposure, but this is what the sword looked like in the dark.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

halo goddess91290,
The 405th pep pack 1.7 (that I found somewhere on this site) has a .pdo file in the Covenant Armor/Elites by flyingsquirel folder called Rtas 'Vadumee's head.pdo. I unfolded this in Pepakura Designer and tried to join as many big pieces as possible. I created a PDF file with the largest size possible and printed it out using a poster printing program (that allows you to print across multiple pages and then join them). I modified the jaw to make it more symmetric than what was in the original model. After I painted the head I glued it to the inside of the helmet. Once the glue had set, I cut the underside of the head down the middle, spread out the sides of the neck and glued them to the inside of the neck shield piece.

Making Arbiter's face

Addendum to my last post:
Arbiters eyes are trout eyes I ordered from a taxidermy store. The plastic teeth were from a "cave-man" tooth bracelet that I got at a seasonal Halloween costume shop and trimmed to size with a dremel.

Energy Sword Light

I glued EL wire (connected to an inverter and a 9V battery) between two pieces of plexiglass. I sanded the plexiglass to frost it up a bit which helped diffuse the light when it was dark. However in the daylight, it obscured the EL wire glow too much and the sword just looked white. The sword is a little undersized because I didn't want him dragging it on the ground.

I got the EL wire and inverter from http://www.elwirepros.com/. It was kind of a tight fit getting the inverter, 9V battery, and excess wire hidden in the handle. The EL wire was bright but I think I should have gone with the super bright wire since the frosted plexiglass muted the glow at normal light levels.

If I had to do it all again I would have used multiple layers of thin plexiglass instead of two layers of thick plexiglass. The thick plexiglass was expensive and really hard to cut with a dremel (fortunately my lovely wife helped alot in cutting and sanding the sword). Near the end of the project, we realized that my hot knife with a thick dull tip (almost like a soldering iron tip) would cut/melt the plexiglass better than the dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back