So what was your tougest piece to Scale or Make

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemc81

Just thought I would throw the question out there to see what others have had issues with when scaling or making some Pieces and any tips or tricks they came up with along the way.

So far for me it was Arm pieces. I am an average guy but still somewhat slim Leg pieces game along fairly easy but when I Scaled for the length of a piece it seemed huge when It was put together.

For me it has been the thighs, i have cut them to fir way beyond the original design, but hey im a big guy lol.

I got lucky enough that I didn't need to scale the thighs so that process came out fairly easy for me.

Side note is that I missed the H in "toughest" doh!

the chest piece, what a piece of Blam! was that, i made it 3 times now, and its a little too small, but it's ok now, the first 2 were way too big

the hardest thing i made must be the portal gun

Forearms, They just would not scale for my arms. I may even have to go back and revisit them later.

The chest piece. It was the only piece I actually scaled wrong, and actually had to build a tester to verify before I built the final version. It has no dominant axis, and there's no real good place to measure your body for it.

I would say the Thighs and shins for me. I had to do each of them 3 times to get the size right, and even then I still had to alter the pep'd piece by cutting out extra space so it would fit tighter to me.

I scaled each piece to me, rather than scaling the whole suit. This naturally has its pro's and con's :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything.

No, seriously. Well, the helmet I got on first try. Otherwise, I've had to remake my shoulder piece twice (now the correct size). I scaled my chest wrong the first time...realized halfway through, luckily. And my forearm, I've done twice and they're both wrong. Now I'm on my third.

It's tough being a woman. No, seriously. My codpiece is scaled right, but it looks like XXXXL sized underwear. STUPID. LARGE. HIPS.

The helmet. I always scale it wrong a couple of times and since helmets are so intricate, it takes a while before I build it enough to see that it's off.

I had a hard time with sizing on the shins. They are really tight and dont sit where I wanted but then again, I was working with foam and it was my first try. Still came out nice though.

my hardest piece to build was the helmet, it was hard for me because i am terrible at scaling and i made the pilot helmet 3 times because of scaling
another part was the Reach AR reciever, i have also made that 3 times, it always comes out bent or going sideways

I cam gonna try to do the forearms again this weekend and see how they come out i made one last night didn't like the size and i have a partial one that i stopped so here's to hoping 3rd time is a charm

The helmet. Had to scale it 4 times before i felt it was right and even now I think it's too big.

The gauntlets, the FP gauntlets from the Halo CE game. i had to rip the model from the game and scale it about 3 times before i got it right!
heres what i mean...
thm_1996.jpg

The helmet. I still don't have one because i can't scale. I know this isn't the place to ask, but can some one help me with directions on how to scale helmets?

I've done at least 2 versions of EVERYTHING. nothing has been too difficult to scale, I just keep using models that arent quite right.

the shin really made me mad, because it was the super-hi-def 12-sheet pep. I finished it, resined, padded, painted, etc. probably spent 30 hours on it. I used it for 2 weeks until I finished the boot, wore them together, and realized the shin was ridiculously small in comparison. it was a quick simple 20% upscale, but it still cost me 30 hours and some sanity. (I tore the shin to shreds with my bare hands when I realized my mistake. difficult considering it was half a centemeter thick with fiberglass cloth and resin.)

Its a tie between the shins and the chest piece.....They both gave me headaches of equal proportion.

The helmet. I still don't have one because i can't scale. I know this isn't the place to ask, but can some one help me with directions on how to scale helmets?

What i can say for the helmet is I had my brother help me use the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. The viewer only uses one measurement to scale it. That's what I did Halogoddess has some instructions on the forums you can look at as well just keep in mind not all parts are the same so you want to really measure the area that your going to cover with the gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back