Status
Not open for further replies.
-------
NEWS
-------
This is gonna be one heck of a post.
Have a late Christmas present(s).
-----
There is now a "Main" folder with the other databases within it. This is the 405th Pepakura Database.
<LINK OBSOLETE>
This is the link to bookmark!
-----
The Halo 3 Database is now online!http://www.4shared.com/folder/lA0Hq0dc/Halo_3.html
<LINK OBSOLETE>
-----
A "Submissions" folder is now active in the Main Database. This is to let you guys submit the files you think are needed on any of the databases.
RULES:
---
PERMISSIONS (must be signed into 4shared):
-Create folders
-Add files
-Update files
-Cannot delete files (more to avoid trolling/griefing)

DO:
-Submit!
-Follow the standard folder convention
-Use relevant file names
-.zip/.rar is preferred to keep file size down

DO NOT:
-Spam. Otherwise I'll shut this down.
-Irrelevant files. If it doesn't fit in any of the Sub-Databases within the main folder don't post it. If you want a Sub-Database added, PM me directly.
-Interfering with other's files. If it's not yours, don't touch it.
---
This will also be posted on the Main Database
-----
Covy Database:
For those who want to assist with the Covy Database, it will be on a separate location/link which I will PM you with. It will be a similar format to the Submission folder so you can upload unfolds, etc.

-------
RESPONSES
-------

Please collect, organize, etc the Covy files.
if needed:I try to unfold some.
As soon as the Covy Database is uploaded, I'll let you know. I already have a lot of files ready, but not unfolded yet (mostly elite armour)

-------
>>KEEP IT CLEAN<<
CJ

Thank you , thank you , thank you. You guys have just saved me alot of time looking for these pep files.

-------
NEWS
-------
The Covenant Database is out of BETA and into GAMMA phase.
It has been uploaded and is now ready for first testing.
However, many of the files still require unfolds before it can go public.

If you are interested, PM me with an expression of interest and a sample of your previous unfolding work.
I don't want to discriminate against newer members, but we want the best here people.

-------
UPDATES
-------
FILES
!~#Reach#(database\reach\helmets\Commando)########[13-2-12]
!~#Reach#(database\reach\helmets\EOD)############[13-2-12]
!~#Reach#(database\reach\helmets\GUNGNIR)#########[13-2-12]
!~#Reach#(database\reach\helmets\Pilot)############[13-2-12]
---
DIRECTORIES
!~#Reach#(database\reach\concept)###############[13-2-12]

-------
RESPONSES
-------
awesomeness!!!!
Glad you like it!
Thank you , thank you , thank you. You guys have just saved me alot of time looking for these pep files.
I'm glad I could help! This is, after all, why the database was designed - so that people can find the file they are looking for in one place, rather then scattered through hundreds of pages.

>>WINTER CONTINGENCY HAS BEEN DECLARED<<
>>THE COVENANT ARE ON REACH<<​

CJ

-------
PRIORITY ONE NEWS
-------
This is really important. The Reach Database and the ODST Database have been pulled. The *official* message is as follows:
"This folder is no longer available because of claim by DtecNet Antipiracy."
As far as I know, this is entirely without any basis and purely because of the folder naming.
All files on the Database are modelled and therefore Intellectual Property (IP) of members of the 405th and do not conflict with MSCGUR below.
However, there are a small number of files which are game-ripped, but I can count those on two hands. This does infract the MS Game Content Usage Rules, but in past MS and 343 have been supportive of our community - however, I am not willing to take that chance, just in case.
See below section:
In order to make sure we can continue making games we love to make and you love to play, there are some Rules that apply to our license grant for your Items. It's tough to predict everything people will do, but there are some things that you can't do.

You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit in order to create your Items.
Source: www.xbox.com/Community/Developer/Rules

In theory, this doesn't apply to Halo 1 and 2 - due to the editing kit for PC, but that isn't relevant here. Aforementioned files will be removed, and the Database will be re-uploaded ASAP.

As far as I know, the MSGCUR isn't the reason for the pull - I suspect it was just an automated pull. Reason being, I haven't received a "Cease and Desist" warning.

-------
COVENANT DATABASE
-------
I'm looking for people to work on unfolding Covy files, as I haven't heard anything from those who volunteered last time.

-------
CRYSIS
-------
There is currently more Crysis 1 and 2 files in the works, but if anyone is interested in helping to slice weapon models, shoot me a PM.

-------
LINKS
-------
At this point, all Databases are subject to change at any given time, and may be relocated in the near future.

-------
OTHER DATABASES
-------
For those who haven't seen them, there are now several other Databases, including:
-Halo 1
-Halo 2
-Halo 3
-Mass Effect
-Crysis

-------
CJ

Crud, that sucks to know. I wonder if it was an automated take-down, or if microsoft sniffed it out and took it down. I hope no important files were killed in the process..

Good luck with it all.

-------
RESPONSES
-------

Crud, that sucks to know. I wonder if it was an automated take-down, or if microsoft sniffed it out and took it down. I hope no important files were killed in the process..

Good luck with it all.
I suspect it was automated, as I didn't receive a 'Cease and Desist' that is usually issued before this kind of thing. In any case, I have a saved copy of every file on my computer.

MS7 will you post them again or no? cuz there was so many great files in there that become a pain to search for everything you had such a great thing set up for us with this.

Indeed, quite sucky. I was just now looking to download some ODST files and start on my armor. >.< So... if anyone can point me in the right direction to get any and all ODST pep files, I would be most appreciative.

\\Reconstruction Protocols Complete. Functionality Restored.

-------
PRIORITY ONE NEWS
-------
As of now, the Database has been restored to full functionality and is back online again.

-------
BACKUP
-------
Due to the recent events and subsequent 'pull' of the Database, I have set up a Backup Database should the primary one fail, and this should serve as a temporary solution rather than a permanent one while I restore the primary one.

-------
DOCUMENTS
-------
There is an important document you should all read through in the main folder. It mostly details info about the new Submissions protocol and (hopefully) covers all the legal issues that might arise.
Please read it. It is very important.

-------
NEW LINKS
-------
Obviously, the old ones don't work and have been taken down either by the 'claim' or myself in the Great Restructuring. Now, you can even memorise this one!
http://405th.4shared.com
How easy is that?
Or just bookmark it anyway.

-------
OTHER DATABASE NEWS
-------

-----
HALO 4
-----
Yes, I'm already thinking about getting the files up. That's all I'll say.

-----
COVENANT DATABASE
-----
I'm still looking for people to unfold files, if anyone is willing to help. I still haven't heard anything from the people who were supposed to be working on this.
At this point, I'm not worried about experience with unfolding - I just want it done.

-----
CRYSIS
-----
There is currently more Crysis 1 and 2 files in the works, but they will take time. I'm not expecting to be able to do any major work until at least November onwards - more towards the C3 release (and after final exams).
If anyone is interested in helping to unfold/slice weapon models, shoot me a PM. Some editing may be required - as far as I know, they are straight game-ripped and will have open edges and rogue geometry everywhere. (I've seen them, they're not that bad.)
Again, CryEngine has an editing kit, so I'm not really worried about the issue we had before.

-------
CONTINUED SUPPORT
-------
For the H1 - Reach Databases, there isn't a whole lot to add. However, it is likely that there will be complete .zip files of the respective sub-databases.
In terms of the Crysis Database and pending Crysis 2/3 Database, files will be added as they are completed.
The Mass Effect Database doesn't have a whole lot in it. Unless I somehow acquire more files that aren't so much game-ripped - it will probably stay this way. (Hint: Submit files here please.)

-------
FEEDBACK
-------
If you have a suggestion, drop me a PM with the prefix "Database:" and I'll take a look into it.

There's not much left to say here, other than:
"...I'm Cave Johnson, we're done here."

CJ

I could be retarded... but I am unable to find close to anything beyond http://www.405th.4shared.com/ ...

I need to sit down and check it out :p

You're not alone. All I am seeing is this...

screenpic.png

No links to any files, folders, or anything at all. When I click on the files button, I'm simply led to a random list of over 9,000,000 files. Something's not adding up here.

You're not alone. All I am seeing is this...

screenpic.png

No links to any files, folders, or anything at all. When I click on the files button, I'm simply led to a random list of over 9,000,000 files. Something's not adding up here.

Same here.... Are you perhaps wanting us to upload existing files that we have download already?...

Thanks for posting a working link. Im sure it was a mistake, i dont think he would take the time to fool all of us by posting a blank start page on 4shared and saying he fixed it...
Thanks for the help MissingSpartan and Walter. much appreciated

Hell yeah, I can finaly keep on going with my EOD project from last year.
Guess I picked one hell of a day to return.
Awesome going.

Ok, I finally got to the page without having to click on Spase's link. I had to type in the http:// as well.

\\Welcome to Infinity.

-------
NEWS
-------
We have been given a green light for a Halo 4 Database, thanks to the modellers over on the H4 model thread. This will be available immediately.

-------
LINKS
-------
For those who were confused, and the link didn't work for last time - this has all been edited and amended between myself and Spase.
In case you still aren't sure, here it is again. (Working this time)
http://405th.4shared.com

-------
OTHER DATABASE NEWS
-------

-----
REACH
-----
!~#REACH#(database\reach\thigh\Tactical-Trauma)

-----
COVENANT
-----
I am still looking for people to help with the mass of unfolding required to get the Covenant Database running.

-----
CRYSIS 2/3
-----
Likewise, many files for the Crysis 2 Database still need unfolding. It would be really good to have this running for the launch of C3 next year - so people rock up to the launch as CELL or Nanosuit soldiers.
-CELL files are broken down ready for unfolding.
-Weapons need some work, but not much.
-Nanosuit? ...I'm still working on that. It's not really scaled to human proportions.

-------
POLL
-------
HeavyGunner spoke to me a while back, and essentially handed over his role as "person who maintains the big pep pack", due to it difficulty to maintain and keep up to date. Since then, he has informed me that he will likely be retiring permanently from the 405th, and has amended his signature to direct to the Database, rather than his thread for the All-In-One pack.
The decision regarding its future is now up to you.

Should the Database be combined into a single .zip file, much like the All-In-One pack was?
- YES
- NO
Poll closed.

-------
SUBMISSIONS
-------
The submissions folder is still open, and if you have anything we don't have, follow the rules and template provided in the info doc in the main folder, and submit away!

-------
FEEDBACK
-------
Whether positive or "constructive criticism" - PM me with what you think. Be sure to use the prefix "Database:" in the subject line, and I'll reply to it ASAP.

-------
RESPONSES
-------
I edited your post for you MissingSpartan7 in the mean time.
http://405th.4shared.com/
Thanks for fixing that for me! I didn't realise that the www broke the link.

Well, that concluded this update. Be sure to tell your friends about it.

>>WAKE UP CHIEF<<
>>WE NEED YOU<<
CJ

Fun fact: Before the H4 update, there were exactly 700 files on the Database. Two of those are docs. One is the info doc in the main folder, the other is the scaling guide for L3X's v3/4 reach torso.

I'll join in for the Covie Database Unfold team, MS7, if you'll have me. Also in the beginning stages of modelling the UNSC LMG, and will post a couple of teasers here and over at the Halo 4 thread.

this is awesome, i love all the files together like that, i think someone had mentioned it before but is there a way to down load all the files as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back