The "Official" 405th Database Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Database [2012 Edition]

>>NOTIFICATION: CRITICAL SYSTEM UPGRADE

-------
>>System upgrade complete.
-------
>>Let me explain what we've changed for you.

The primary purpose of the Database team has been to keep an organised, up-to-date repository of pepakura files for the 405th community - with our main focus on files from the Halo series modelled and unfolded by the community.

Now, moving into a new year, means that old systems are replaced and/or updated with new ones. But this does not mean I will be removing the current Database system in favour of a new one - rather, going into 2013, we will be adding in new things to help improve efficiency and access.

Not even I can deny that the All-In-One pack was a brilliant idea, and the Database in its current state would be sorely lacking had it not been. So, taking heavy inspiration from it, and HeavyGunner - who created it, and I thank for their full support of the Database as the new "go to" place for files.

Enough from me. Let me welcome you to the [2012] compilation of the Database - our forward endeavour, and (semi) spiritual successor to the All-In-One pack.

>>DATABASE<<

>>Or, it's under Database\[2012 Edition]\

Simply put, at the end of 2012, I went and compiled the main, as well as each of the sub-databases into their own zip folders. This way, the entire collection, or a specific set can be downloaded without the hassle of patiently waiting for each of the individual files you need for your build.

Please note: This year, I have chosen not to include the Halo 4 Database - as there are too many files still to be created, and the compilation would quickly become outdated as they are released.

Anyway, you should know the drill with these things by now.
CJ

>>KEEP IT CLEAN<<
>>ENJOY THE NEW YEAR<<

Last edited by a moderator:
>>WELCOME BACK
>>TRAFFIC: UNEXPECTED DELAYS
>>ACCIDENT CLEAR. DRIVE SAFELY.

I realise it has been a while since I've updated this thread, so this will more be a “year in review” kind of thing.

-------
-------

It's been a relatively quiet year overall, and not just from me.
-----
We've been through two entire forum reboots, and after the first one - the update to the largely user-unfriendly vB5 - it hasn't quite been the same around here. In general, there's been a lot less activity and posting happening, than compared to last year, or previous ones.
-----
Halo 4 brought us a ton of new armour designs, and more than a year after launch, we still have little content for it. Sure, we have half-a-dozen variants of Chief's armour, but we still have less than 40% of the total MP armour modelled for pepakura.
Whether this was due to some of the designs being unanimously “terrible”, or “ugly”, not being built off a common base model (ala Reach), a lack of enthusiasm from the modellers, or inability to access the source models, remains to be seen.
That said, I don't think Reach was 100%-ish until some point last year.
-----
The iconic “All-In-One Halo Pepakura Pack” was finally phased out mid year.
At the beginning of this year, I finally decided that it would be better for the community if we closed the thread.* This wasn't out of self-interest, or because I didn't want competition for the Database - it was out of kindness.
The pack itself hadn't been updated since the early files for Reach, and HeavyGunner had contacted me late 2012 very much asking if I could take over/assimilate it into the Database, as he was “retiring” from the 405[SUP]th[/SUP].

Final removal of the pack had been scheduled for around June 30[SUP]th[/SUP], however Real Life got in the way quite significantly for a while, and closure didn't happen until early August.

*If you want to read the “Closing Remarks” in full, head here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26285-All-in-One-Halo-Pepakura-Pack
-----

[2013 Edition]

Once again, it's that time of year - and this time, there's finally enough files for a Halo 4 compilation.
Unfortunately, I couldn't release this as early as I wanted due to a number of unexpected circumstances - but despite that, I'm still pleased with the content in the release this year.

And no, you are not mistaken - there are less archives in the [2013] folder than in the [2012] one - this is because not all archives required an update, and hence, did not require a new upload of the same file. Regardless, all new files are available within the 405[SUP]th[/SUP] Database [2013] compilation archive anyway.

Aside from the addition of the Halo 4 compilation, there were also changes and additions to some of the other compilations.
-A small number of files were added to the 3/Reach archives
-The Mass Effect database/archive has been completely reformatted, and the three 'locked' weapons files have been 'unlocked'. A moderate number of files have also been added.
-Halo 4 database was archived for first time. Archive may be ahead of sync with current database, until I have the time to update it properly.
-A Half-Life collection was also added, though currently only contains files for the HEV suit.
-----

That's mostly all from me for now.
As usual, if you have any questions, comments or concerns - leave them here, or drop me a PM about it. (Please do it here/PM, and not in the PSA thread, as that isn't its intended purpose.)

MS7

< ENJOY YOUR STAY >
< RESPECT PUBLIC PROPERTY >

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this in the old thread:

Untitled-7.png

Its a custom file built around my V4 torso piece. And although I have one partially assembled, its not done in the design stage yet. I'm also working on another piece that will actually connect to the back of the V4 that will make it sort of like the Dawn under Heaven torso. And im sure youre completely destroying mine right now considering pretty much everything ive done this summer is going to the Halo: Genesis fanfilm and all I have done for myself is my V3 torso :p

IMAG0430.jpg

Its in the works :)

I have searched both the database and L3X's personal database thread and while I have found a Foam Abs Wrap file, it seems to be quite a bit out of date compared to the versions seen in the pictures above... and it's a long time out of date when you look at when it was originally posted and now. Haha.

Anyways, I'm really hoping to find some high detail ab/hip undersuit peps for my build. I'm not sure if there are any updated files (though it is possible I have accidentally skipped over them in my searches) but I have seen a few images of people who have made some pretty spot-on stomach undersuit sections, which means that there is a strong chance there are pepakura files for the stomach undersuit that exist. I've searched through the few undersuit threads but I haven't found much. It doesn't help that most of them are dead and that many of them no longer have their relevant pictures which have been lost.

Hoping to do a foam stomach section to achieve a higher accuracy over the sewn look. Plus, I'm wanting to make the undersuit my starting point of the armor, which is why I'm really interested in this.

Sorry all, any help would be greatly appreciated!

hey 405th leadership, there appears to be a problem with the 4shared database, when i try to access it i get told to request permission, i would appreciate anybody who can help me get to the database so i can download the files i need thanks in advance!

hey 405th leadership, there appears to be a problem with the 4shared database, when i try to access it i get told to request permission, i would appreciate anybody who can help me get to the database so i can download the files i need thanks in advance!

Yeah i seem to be having the same problem, so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah i seem to be having the same problem, so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

It's a known issue. We're working on a resolution - in the meantime, please use our own on-site Archive.

same with me... :<

And you didn't just read my previous three responses in this thread before entering your own complaint?

I'm going to make this clear right now, just in case people are finding this hard to wrap their brains around:

The Database is no longer accessible to regular members. I do not have the ability to fix this. Further file inquiries should be directed towards our own on-site Archive..

Hi all, greetings.
I'm really good at this 3D modeling and animation and I'm looking models armor of Halo: Reach. Shoulders, torsos, helmets and attachments. searching the internet I discovered their forums and database 4shared 405th group. but to enter tells me: You need owner's permission to access this folder.
You are signed as ************@outlook.com, but you don 't have access permission in this folder.
Try Requesting access from owner
Request access
Request permission to access the database group and prune download files reach.
Thank you very much and sorry for my bad writing in English, I do not speak much English.
Greetings from Mexico, thanks.

Is anyone able to unload the side attachment for the halo reach ODST helmet variation two? Its this side attachment. AND/OR grant me permission to access this database??

latest?cb=20101110105955

Hello! I am a tad confused... The file archive has nothing but non-halo things while the database is locked. I requested access
Could I have some extra info about what I might be missing? Thanks!

EDIT: The second I posted this the File Archive had more options open up. So umm - nevermind :D sorry

Hello! I am a tad confused... The file archive has nothing but non-halo things while the database is locked. I requested access
Could I have some extra info about what I might be missing? Thanks!

EDIT: The second I posted this the File Archive had more options open up. So umm - nevermind :D sorry

The Archive is locked to all members with zero posts. Glad you figured it out on your own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back