MissingSpartan7

>>LOADING... DONE.
>>
>>WELCOME TO THE DATABASE.

-------
INFORMATION
-------

What is the Database?
The Database is a file repository designed out of necessity, to help old and new members alike find files that they need for their builds.

What files does it have?
The Database currently contains files from most Halo games, Mass Effect, and Crysis.

Can I help?
Absolutely - we are constantly looking for people to help unfold, and submit models we don't have. If you would like to help, send me a PM.

Where is it?
You can access the Database at this link:
http://405th.4shared.com

For further information regarding the Database, be sure to read the documentation in the main folder.

-------
NEWS
-------
[22-12-11] Plans for Covenant Database announced.
[07-01-12] Reach/ODST Databases collated. Halo 3 Database added. Submissions function added.
[14-02-12] Covenant Database GAMMA testing. Unfolders requested.
[04-06-12] Database pulled by piracy claim. Halo 1 and 2, Mass Effect, and Crysis Databases added.
[27-06-12] Database restored. Backup Database initialised.
[01-10-12] Halo 4 Database added. Unfolders requested. User Poll [1].
[20-11-12] Purging rOGuE aI. Minor Update.
[22-11-12] Repairs completed. Functionality restored. Foam template Database added. PSA published.
[02-01-13] Database [2012 Edition] Launched.

-------
DOCUMENTATION
-------
There is an important document you should all read through in the main folder. It mostly details info about the new Submissions protocol and (hopefully) covers any legal issues that might arise.
Please read it. It is very important.

The file is available below, or in the Main Database.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1emF8n-fuWh0kMoKNuObniGV6ykO8v-RCgD_JukcVDpQ/edit

-------
SUBMISSIONS

-------
A "Submissions" folder is active in the Main Database. This is to let you guys submit the files you think are needed on any of the Databases.
Refer to the online document, or the second news post for details on usage rules, and how to submit.

-------
FEEDBACK
-------
Whether positive or "constructive criticism" - PM me with what you think. Be sure to use the prefix "Database:" in the subject line, and I'll reply to it ASAP.
Your response helps to refine the Database experience.

-------
THE TEAM
-------
MissingSpartan7 - Maintenance/Updates
Katsu - Public Relations/Promotion
Jason-078 - Development/Cataloging

-------
THANKS
-------
I cannot thank the modellers enough - you are the people who really make 405th what it is today. Without you, we'd be a bit stuck sometimes...

To some more specific individuals:

• Ruze789 - Thanks for starting the Reach Pep thread, it was the real inspiration behind all this.
  • Nightshade - Although I don't see him around here anymore, he started the ODST Pep thread way back and was a major contributor to that.
  • HeavyGunner - Thanks for the support, and your All-In-One pack - which formed the "backbone" of the Database.
  • My "favourite" modellers: jtm1997, Satchmo III, Hugh Holder, Jico, Kirrou and harnor. I have the highest respect for the work these people have contributed. I know there are more of you, but I can't list everyone.
The mod and admin team, specifically these guys:

• Adam - Thanks for keeping this site going.
  • "Spase" - Thanks for fixing things that need fixing.
  • L3X BLU3R1V3R - The effort you put in to everything is par none.
  • carapathiavh99 - Thanks for supporting the Database so much, and directing all those newcomers to this invaluable resource.

Remember – it’s run by, and contributed to by members, for members. We are here to help.

That's all for now.
CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
That it does. I think the all in pep pack has the H2 ODST, i have them, and i downloaded the pack, so it should be there. :confused

STICKY!
duct-tape-man.jpg

It's awesome that you're letting the Community know about the Pepakura File Databases, MS7!

Will be forwarding you some links to some of the armor files in my possesion that you could throw in there, and those particular files I have no idea who it originally belongs to.

Small request?

PLEASE MAKE SURE NONE OF ACEHIGH'S FILES GET IN THERE THIS TIME.

While you were rearranging things in your 4shared a while back, you accidentally put Jorge's gun up for grabs. Please don't hate me, but I was the one who called you out on it.

-------
RESPONSES
-------

Small request?
I've been through and checked. i've only found one instance - all his files i've marked with the prefix [DNR] for Do Not Release/Repost. will remove and update ASAP

I would say yes, H2 odst's are not very common,but every once in awhile, some one wants to do one. I think it would be better to add them.
I'll look into adding a separate folder on the ODST Database

Will be forwarding you some links to some of the armor files in my possesion that you could throw in there, and those particular files I have no idea who it originally belongs to.
Small thing - make sure they're unfolded first. To a reasonable standard.
I don't want to be overly critical, but in the past the unfolds on your models haven't exactly been usable...

This is incredibly awesome MS7! thanks for taking the time to do this!

One question tho....Is it possible for you to put this in a google docs acct as well as the 4shared for those of us that don't have a premium 4shared account? that way we can DL the entire set as folders instead of one zip file at a time. Eventually the timer gets to 530 seconds for the wait... O.O If not, no worries, just wanted to check...

thanks again! you rock!

Hey guys, I think they were wrong this database would not have to be where it says "Pepakura file" above right after "what's new" ha ha ha (joke). sorry

small thing - make sure they're unfolded first. to a reasonable standard.
i don't want to be overly critical, but in the past the unfolds on your models haven't exactly been usable...

I'll see what I can do, and I apologize for my lack of unfolding. I keep looking back to tweak the accuracy, and it throws me off.
I will get back on track. Thanks for the criticism, MS7.

Would it be possible to get a foam database set up like the Reach and ODST? I keep trying to modify the pep files I have and for some reason they don't turn out well at all. Great job, I like how everything is simplified and organized.

Would it be possible to get a foam database set up like the Reach and ODST? I keep trying to modify the pep files I have and for some reason they don't turn out well at all. Great job, I like how everything is simplified and organized.

The simplest way to make Foam-Pep Files is to take the large, smoothe geometries/peices and separate them from the smaller detailed peices. You can easily fix any differences with the use of a dremel or sander.

The simplest way to make Foam-Pep Files is to take the large, smoothe geometries/peices and separate them from the smaller detailed peices. You can easily fix any differences with the use of a dremel or sander.
That's what I have been doing, but for some reason the AR side of me has issues with deciding which skinny thickness building pieces should be cut and which ones should be kept. I helps me to see what others have done, and to use templates, until I do it enough to figure it out.

Hijack over, back to the regularly scheduled thread.

-------
FILE UPDATES
-------
ADDED
!~#Reach#(database\reach\helmets\security)#########[17-11-11]
---
UPDATED
!~#Reach#(database\reach\complete\knee)##########[11-11-11]

-------
RESPONSES
-------
Hey guys, I think they were wrong this database would not have to be where it says "Pepakura file" above right after "what's new" ha ha ha (joke). sorry
Wut?
The most I can translate that as is: "maybe instead of the 'pepakura files' tab on the main page, it should be this"

Would it be possible to get a foam database set up like the Reach and ODST?
Maybe, though I don't have sufficient files to start one - it would only be rudimentary and very basic. So, not yet.

I keep trying to modify the pep files I have and for some reason they don't turn out well at all.
The simplest way to make Foam-Pep Files is to take the large, smooth geometries/pieces and separate them from the smaller detailed pieces.
Yeah, any of the extruded or recessed detail can be removed from the unfold. combine the larger geometry parts and just use those. That's about it really...

CJ

-------
NEWS
-------
How would you guys feel about a Sanghelli / Covy Database?
It's mostly in the BETA stage and a lot of files need unfolds
However, there are people who want to build covy and can never find the files they are looking for - especially those attempting elites.
Could we work as a community to get these files fixed up and have a decent database for our foes the Covenant?

E: I'll wait for replies and expressions of interest before it goes live

-------
RESPONSES
-------
Back to the 1st page, close to the “Sticky”.
Don't lose this thread!
I don't usually condone thread "bumping", but thank you anyway

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back