Is this normal (Recon Helmet) [IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

After I made this, I found my head couldn't go through the hole because those paper sticking in wards.
Have you made it before? Is it normal that I couldn't put my head through the hole?
If no how I can fix it?

Yup, made it. When I tried mine on when I finally assembled it there was a slight rub on my ears. You can trim it some to make sure your head will fit your helmet.

From experience AND from what I've read. Yes, this is normal. How to fix it? I don't want to steer you wrong, so I won't attempt that. But, to reiterate, yes, it's normal.

The helmet could be a tad bit small. But if its just the paper ring that sticks inward thats holding you back, it wont be a problem. What I would do is follow through with hardening the helmet, then trim the hole down. If you harden it first, the helmet has better odds against warpage (did i just make that word up! o_O). I recently did a Clu helmet from tron, and had the same problem. Anyhow, your helmet looks great! Is that your first build? I want to see more of that helmet, more pics pwetty pwease!

The helmet could be a tad bit small. But if its just the paper ring that sticks inward thats holding you back, it wont be a problem. What I would do is follow through with hardening the helmet, then trim the hole down. If you harden it first, the helmet has better odds against warpage (did i just make that word up! o_O). I recently did a Clu helmet from tron, and had the same problem. Anyhow, your helmet looks great! Is that your first build? I want to see more of that helmet, more pics pwetty pwease!

Thats what I'm thinking, but I don't want to cut those away. Its look better with it. I'm thinking of have a "lock" so I can remove, put the helmet on and put it back.
Btw thanks for every replies. :D

Thats what I'm thinking, but I don't want to cut those away. Its look better with it. I'm thinking of have a "lock" so I can remove, put the helmet on and put it back.
Btw thanks for every replies. :D

Try using some velcro, Its very easy to use, light weight, and thin. As far as getting the ring on around your neck, cut it in half.... I wish I could draw a picture... Here.
Neck ring, cut it in half, one half attaches under the chin (front of helmet), And one attaches at the back of the helmet. If attached by velcro, it will be able to hinge back and forth allowing you to connect them around your neck. Use velcro to attach the neck ring together to make it whole.
Let me know if you understood all that mess. If not ill see if I can draw a pic, take a pic of that pic. Then post the pic of the pic as a pic on the thread.

Try using some velcro, Its very easy to use, light weight, and thin. As far as getting the ring on around your neck, cut it in half.... I wish I could draw a picture... Here.
Neck ring, cut it in half, one half attaches under the chin (front of helmet), And one attaches at the back of the helmet. If attached by velcro, it will be able to hinge back and forth allowing you to connect them around your neck. Use velcro to attach the neck ring together to make it whole.
Let me know if you understood all that mess. If not ill see if I can draw a pic, take a pic of that pic. Then post the pic of the pic as a pic on the thread.

I feel strange... I actually understood all that. All with out a pic of a pic posted as a pic in this post. :)

lol =P. I hope imported_jagex understood it. Otherwise I would force it upon myself to draw a rough pic, finalize the pic, take pics of the pic, pick the best pic, then post the image on the thread.
Reading my post, I think it sounds right =/ .

@Imported_Jagex117,
Do you plan on building a full suit of armor to go with the helmet? And can we get more pics of the helmet? Recon is one of my favoritos.

Like posted about, you can just trim the neck hole as needed or go with soloknight's suggestion, it is perfectly normal

but @solo- you say you like recon? well your recon suit was the first halo suit I ever saw lol and I have yet to ever see you wearing the whole thing! is there a picture of that?

Man, I turned that suit into the standard MkVI. The chest and back piece weighed too much. I really need to pull those recon pieces out of storage though. Maybe ill refurbish that suit, but my attention is focused on something.... secret. Alwighty though. I think we have spammed his thread a bit too much lol, if anyone wants to talk leave me a PM, I g2g for a while, gotta lock up shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back