Largo's MK VI Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build look amazing. You really are taking your time to make this build perfect.

Todays progress, Got a good start on the pep work for the biceps, the old ones where way to big. And I finished all of the resin coating for the chest.

I also learned a new trick for warping. Some of the folds that where on the outside with out a lot of reinforcement flexed the wrong way or where out of place. When the resin was dry I took a heat gun to it it became malleable bent it to the correct position and let cool, Instant warp correction. Wont work once I get some fiberglass down in the inside, but for resin only worked out real well. If you try this make sure you bend the part with a tool, because the plastic is HOT.

TQ7i4qd.jpg
WSBK5L3.jpg
Sqxc6LF.jpg
pwpNzgA.jpg

Today's progress, nothing to much, I got some fiberglassing done on the chest, realized I didnt have much cloth left so I will need to buy some more of that, and a little more pep work done.

rdzDlrv.jpg
iWeYKcu.jpg

Ill post up tomorrows progress with hopefully a peped out bicep, winter is coming and I want to get as much fiberglass work done as I can before those temps make that near impossible.

Well here is today's progress. Trying a new type of glove to keep the resin off of my hands. I got the front of the chest 2 layers thick of fiberglass cloth, just need to do the sides now.

KsrMi9E.jpg
D0knjCg.jpg
EkELk2s.jpg

Here is my latest update, and this sprint it will finally get finished.

I am almost done with my shoulder pads, for a 4th time, scrapped the last one I had started because my friend picked up a silhouette machine, had settings wrong on that with the first one I built and it was warped and this weekend I finally got one peped out and as of now almost have the second one entirely peped.

I was told by some friends that I was required to join them at Dragon Con this year so for the first time I have a committed time line to have this thing actually done. I finished rebuilding a bunch of **** in my house and turned my garage into a nice workshop because it was decrepit and ****ty before.

I plan on having all of my parts peped out by the end of march, that will fit my climate window well to begin fiber glassing everything; And having the ability to pep out an entire shoulder pad in 1 day is great for the first time I think I will be waiting on the weather instead of realizing that my time window has passed.

I guess I will have time to scramble and try and figure out what to do with the under suit now.

But what is an update without some pictures.

IOQKIJF.jpg

Muj0Qc5.jpg

Sv0Vyf6.jpg

The cool new tool.
JChrdAv.jpg

And a bonus picture, the friend who had been helping me before, He finally began the suit he wanted to make.
FocSvsN.jpg

Well started my thigh's I have some concerns if I will be able to fit into them, yay to all of the squats at the gym.

I pepped out the inner thigh and the ring around the top.

The inner thigh scale wise is perfect it land right on the joint where I need it to, and the upper part is to small but I can trim it out and be ok. Its the lower area I am concerned about now because I dont know if I will be able to fit my calf through the hole at all and I am not certain where to cut material from.

I was thinking here.
tC0a3G3.png

If any one has any suggestions to this that would be great.

Well here is today's progress, off to bead have that silly work thing.

OE6Gy6h.jpg

dgAwmLk.jpg

And my upper half in various stages of completion.
LmfIP3H.jpg

After finishing pepping out the thigh I will be able to get it all the way up with minimal removal on the top, but I will need to cut a fair amount off of the lower opening, I am planning to limit to the back and the inside of the thigh to hide as much of the alteration as possible.

Todays Progress.

EMFu0T0.jpg

Fbk89HI.jpg

jauzJ7w.jpg

Also a reference shot for scaling my shoulder, It is a lot better than the previous one. :)
O3Zly8F.jpg

89DzhRf.jpg

Now I need to get the other thigh done and the shins are next I can see the finish line for the pepakura part.

I also plan on redoing the hand cover parts. I will 3d print those over sized, clean them up with solvent, and then do an impression casting, see how that goes.

So I spent some time building a 3d printer and decided to redo my hand piece with it. It will be great when it comes to making the props because I am good with CAD but not clay.

I found that my thigh was to small but it fits my girlfriend perfect so I set that aside, fixed my scale and will start over. Started my shin and hoping that scale is good and rigged up a hotbox for fiberglass in my garage and was able to do some fiberglassing at 0 degrees F. I got both shoulders hardened now.

SIrHtdS.jpg

wu16gVX.jpg

I am going to use this as a basis to create a mold for the hand part, I need to chamfer the the edges and fill in the front hole a bit, and I may glaze this once I am done but it should make for an excellent m base for a castable part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back