Who's going to a Halo: CE Anniversary release tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matth101

You all planning on going to a release event? I've never been to one. Wasn't planning on it but the other day my buddy works with game stop and mentioned going to it in one of my suits. My chief mk v suit is pretty beat up and needs some uber repairs, and Carter wouldn't really fit in.....

What are your guys plans?? just curious.

MH

I might go but I don't know if I'll have any friends coming with me... I sat alone for about two hours waiting on Reach. I'm glad I did but it was pretty boring sitting alone.

Just make sure you bring your crew with you.

I'm going. I'll be wearing my Cortana. I was promised free stuff if I did. haha. I tried to get a bunch of friends to go but all but one bailed. Oh well. I don't know why more people aren't super excited about this. I'm psyched.

I plan on going but due to work I wont be able to wear my full ODST costume.

So as a trade off i just decided to wear my helmet for the event. ^__^

As for your carter suite. Why not wear it! This if for the anniversary release of the game that started it all, so why not wear a suite that just shows the evolution of the game!

I'm still uncertain about it.

I'm not a big fan of Gamestop; I usually buy my games from Best Buy (to get Reward Zone points). However, the Best Buy here is not doing midnight release. Of the 4 Gamestops in my city, 2 are doing midnight launches, but this year, for the first time, I don't live close enough to my friends anymore to have them come with me. And I will need help suiting up and driving to the store if I wear my Master Chief armor.

So for me, it's either don't go to midnight release and pick up the game from Best Buy tomorrow morning, or somehow convince my sister (who's nearby) to come with me. Though that's doubtful since it's a weekday and there's work tomorrow.

We'll see...

To those definitely going to midnight releases, have fun! Each one I've gone to was great (except ODST launch was kind of lame)....

As for your carter suite. Why not wear it! This if for the anniversary release of the game that started it all, so why not wear a suite that just shows the evolution of the game!

I agree with that for sure. It's all part of the franchise.
I talked to one of my local GameStops and I'm going to be there in my suit. You can see it here: (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34862-Weeds-MK-VI/page2?highlight=weeds)
They are going to open the doors at 10:00 PM but not actually sell the game till midnight. They are going to let me in at 9:00 PM or so so I can be inside in my suit. At 10:00 PM I'll be opening the door to let anyone in who's waiting. I plan on sticking around as long as it's fun.
masterchief.gif

well hey, at least you well get the game eventually right? lol! I might just touch up my carter suit and use that like Bear Man said. My buddy works for Ubisoft so he's obligated to wear his Altair costume from Assassin's Creed (looks pretty sick btw..). Im kinda excited about it! A chance to go mingle with some fellow dorks!! :D maybe i'll pick up an xbox while im down there so i can actually play the more recent games :p

I'll be going, but not in a suit. I have to be the worst armor procrastinator ever. I will be going to the midnight release of Halo 4 in a suit though.

me and my brother will be at the Gamestop Midnight Release...he will be in his Mark VI Costume and I'm wearing my helmet!

P.S. For the people in Miami, we are going to be at the Airpark Plaza Gamestop near Miami International Airport tonight
we made a event page on our Facebook fanpage:
Spartan M85 and Spartan S15

The GameStop next to the Wal-Mart near my house will be seeing me.
I have a full suit ready to go and it will be awesome!!

Will be going tonight in my Spartan. Wasn't going to originally due to lack of money... But tried to surprise scott with BF3 one day, but turns out he bought it earlier that day so I returned BF3 and used the refund towards CE, might as well as there's other Halo peeps going to the release tonight.

Dude, when did you finish your suit?! i dont remember seeing any pics?!?! do share ;)
Yeah i've gone kinda dark on postin pics.. idk why. I've just finished a Mk VI suit and I also finished a Gears of War suit last month.. i'll post some pics of what i've been working on soon.
Dont worry I'll be postin pics of the release when i can

A telletubby Blackula?? AWE MAH GAWD AWESOME!!!! lol

I plan to go to Game Stop in my Chief suit. This is the best place to go with any halo related costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back