Halo: CE Anniversary Mark V. Helmet (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got alot done on the Helmet!

004.jpg

001.jpg

All pieces put together

003.jpg

All of the supplies ( Total of $85 )

006.jpg

012.jpg

First Coat of Resin

017.jpg

015.jpg

Fiberglassed ( Annoying as Hell )

021.jpg

020.jpg

Coat of Black Paint ( To see imperfections )

Well thats it for now, I'll start bondoing tomarrow. Bubble Visor should be here within the next week and a half.
I'll keep you updated. Until then, thanks for looking. Leave your FeedBack :)

It looks like you doing the resin process in your house, If you are I wouldnt suggest it, the fumes from the resin will kill you or at least destroy a few brain cells and not to mention make your house smell like chemicals for days, also you need to wear a reperator that filters out the fumes, it looks like your using a dust mask and thats not going to prevent the fumes from getting to you, just make sure your being safe, building armor is fun but not worth killing yourself over, also I noticed you live in Florida so its not that cold outside so resin should cure pretty good outdoors

Good luck and be safe at working on this stuff,

I was outside. In my back porch. There was a screen door. And I was wearing a white respirator. lol

Look in the picture where it shows all my supplies. You'll see a box in the bottom right, it says respirator on it.

In the picture of me resining I'm using gloves, a respirator, and am in the back porch OUTSIDE. It was nighttime

It does say respirator, but it says PAINT SANDING respirator. That one filters particles only and not the toxic fumes from the resin.

This is one similar to what you need:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Remember, if you can smell the resin at ALL, you are inhaling harmful fumes. Gotta be safe man. You can pick up the proper stuff pretty cheaply at Home Depot, Lowes, Harbor Freight, or most hardware stores in general. Again, just make sure its for fumes!

Side note: nice job so far man, keep it up! Can't wait to see this thing finished!

Its really just the way the pics came out, in reality it looks normal. And no its because of the back piece. I'll remove it later. Overall, the helmet came out nice. I just bondo'd and will post pics after I finish sanding

Anyone know how long bondo takes to dry?

I was outside. In my back porch. There was a screen door. And I was wearing a white respirator. lol

Look in the picture where it shows all my supplies. You'll see a box in the bottom right, it says respirator on it.

In the picture of me resining I'm using gloves, a respirator, and am in the back porch OUTSIDE. It was nighttime

I think it's cool how Hyper attempts to help you and make sure you don't cause harm to yourself and you make an ass out of yourself.

Your helm is looking good. But next time you make one pep the visor or put support beams in, it'll eliminate most of the warping. Good luck :)

What are you talking about? Im just explaining that I did have the safety equipment and area. I didn't realize that I was using the wrong type of respirator. When I bought it, it just said respirator on the packaging.

And I did, if you look in some of the first pics. But it was a weird kind of visor. The file just came out a few days ago. So it may need some work. Luckily, no warping that I can see happened. And Hyper sorry if did sound like an ass. Didnt mean to

I'll echo on what a few others are saying: You are using an incorrect respirator for fiber glassing.

I'm glad you see this now.

I want to warn you before you go out searching for another one, that you need to get one filters out organic fumes You will need to wear this while using the resin AND bondo. Bondo is also toxic until its cured. I have a picture of the equipment in my thread if you need to see.

I purchased mine at lowes, $30. Extra refills are $15. Each cartridge has about 8 working hours before it needs to be changed.

Here is a link to get you started. In my pictures, the only difference is that the cartridges are pink.
http://www.amazon.com/3M-R-7512ES-P...f=sr_1_17?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1322439219&sr=1-17

Okay, thanks man. But I already sort of finished bondo'ing. lol. Don't worry though I was outside, and it was nice and breezy.

I'll make sure to buy the correct one for my next project though.
Glad you guys are watching out for my safety here.

Really, A brief hour or two without a proper respirator won't kill you. As long as you're outside and have a decent lung capacity and the ability to turn and get a few gulps of untainted air, you'll live.

However if you're planning on a whole suit, your health may depend on getting a respirator that can block more than fumes and particles.

I still honest to god think that they should have made Halo: CEA in a more Reach format..would have been a lot better. However your pepakura is great thus far.

When i glass the only gear i use is long work pants a singlet my safety glasses ear muffs n gloves. Always work in a well ventilated area. And train your dog to stay clear or hell get high.

Really, A brief hour or two without a proper respirator won't kill you. As long as you're outside and have a decent lung capacity and the ability to turn and get a few gulps of untainted air, you'll live.

However if you're planning on a whole suit, your health may depend on getting a respirator that can block more than fumes and particles.

While this may be true. Its still damaging your lungs anyway. I'd rather wear/buy a respirator to work on my armor rather than have even the slightest damage to my lungs.

Bubble Visor is In!

Picture0558.jpg

It looks great, I'll have enough visor left over for my next project.. Can you guess what it is?

If you want to buy this visor in any color, just search on Ebay: Bubble Visor and then the Color.
Going to be finished Sanding and Bondoing this weekend. So Helmet should be done by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back