Halo: CE Anniversary Mark V. Helmet (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You.

There are not many people that do this version of Master Chief. :p

Right? And I know I like this version soo much.

And idk if you can help me with this.. But Im having a few problems though bondoing. Every time I try and sand, it becomes un even and not perfectly smooth. Do I just need to keep bondoing and sanding more? Or what.

Thanks if ya can

I would recommend using an electric sander. It helps a lot in the long run.

But you should use rough grit to shape it right, and then use a finer grit to get it smoother. I like to use 60 grit to sand away the fresh bondo look, and then use 120 to get the fine sanding and scratches out. I then use 350 grit for very fine sanding. You could also just build up the uneven parts, and sand them back down to the right level. For very small holes and scratches, use Bondo spot and glazing putty. Works just like wood filler, and it sands very easily.

Hope this helps.

I would recommend using an electric sander. It helps a lot in the long run.

But you should use rough grit to shape it right, and then use a finer grit to get it smoother. I like to use 60 grit to sand away the fresh bondo look, and then use 120 to get the fine sanding and scratches out. I then use 350 grit for very fine sanding. You could also just build up the uneven parts, and sand them back down to the right level. For very small holes and scratches, use Bondo spot and glazing putty. Works just like wood filler, and it sands very easily.

Hope this helps.

I have an electric sander, but The Shape is like up and down at some parts, do I just need to keep bondoing until its all even? And thanks for all your help.
Btw, the only sand paper I have, is 100 grit and 320 grit.

Also, what spraypaint did you use? It looks great!

Can you post a picture of the problem areas?
Those are good grits to work with.

I used duplicolor black primer and a valspar clear satin for the black detail. For the actual green, I had a custom color mixed, and used an HVLP paint spray gun. Then a Duplicolor clear gloss for the finish.

Can you post a picture of the problem areas?
Those are good grits to work with.

I used duplicolor black primer and a valspar clear satin for the black detail. For the actual green, I had a custom color mixed, and used an HVLP paint spray gun. Then a Duplicolor clear gloss for the finish.

I dont have my helmet with me, its at my dads. But heres an old pick. The red circles will show what I mean.
Basically some parts curved when I pepped the helmet.. And stayed like that. And now I'm trying to make it smooth. Any tips.? Or should I just keep putting more layers of bondo until its all even? Thanks
001-1.jpg

Sometimes you can tell by the look and feel of it, but most of the time you will have to do a coat of paint or primer to tell. Primer sands better, so I would recommend that. But a high gloss paint will reveal imperfections better. The only down side is you have to wait a very long time for it to dry before sanding it.

Hey everyone massive updates coming in next weekend. But, until then all I can leave you is a pic of helmet I made for my friend.. His dad said he had a big head, and I guess I took him too seriously.

021-1.jpg

Anyway, did I do a good job?
Stay tuned to my helmet being finished next weekend.

I like your choice in helmets, and thanks to this thread i found the last Mk. V i need to build.....

Anyway, Have you seen rundowns Mk. V helm unfold? I have a pep'd one sittin' next to me, and i think you should check it out man.

Hope we get pics of a nicely sanded Mk. V Soon man ;)

Why are all of the 4shared links now invalid?
I'm guessing because the thread is 8 years old. Since you are new it happens just be sure to check threads last update dates so that you don't Necro old posts as it can push down active ones.

If you're looking for pdos of the mark V check the armory section as it should have what you want.

All Paper Pepakura and Foam Optimized Pepakura files will be here:

Additionally, if you look at the "Discussion" section of the armory entry for the Halo:CE Mark V:

You will see in the last post I did upload all of Rhinoc's "HD" files, but Art Andrews has not added them into the actual Armor Entry .Zip file yet.

Now, if you are looking for the Halo CE Anniversary Specific files, you, and the rest of us, are kind of out of luck. The 405th relies on the contributions of its members for the files we freely offer in "The Armory." We are a collection of fan volunteers, so we can only offer those files that our members have made and then donated for use to the community and as of this moment, we have not had a mmeber extract, unfold, and offer the actual Halo CEA armor for use by the membership. We only have the Original Halo CE Mark V and Rhinoc's "HD" Halo CE Mark V files to offer.

moshi moshi link doesn't work anymore

Hello. This thread was started almost nine years ago, as such, any 4Shared links, if that is what you are referring to, will long be out of date and no longer valid, as 4SHare links hardly last.

If you would look at the most recent posts here in this thread, you will see that this exact fact has been discussed, explained, and answered already.

All Paper Pepakura and Foam Optimized Pepakura files will be here:

Additionally, if you look at the "Discussion" section of the armory entry for the Halo:CE Mark V:

You will see in the last post I did upload all of Rhinoc's "HD" files, but Art Andrews has not added them into the actual Armor Entry .Zip file yet.

Now, if you are looking for the Halo CE Anniversary Specific files, you, and the rest of us, are kind of out of luck. The 405th relies on the contributions of its members for the files we freely offer in "The Armory." We are a collection of fan volunteers, so we can only offer those files that our members have made and then donated for use to the community and as of this moment, we have not had a mmeber extract, unfold, and offer the actual Halo CEA armor for use by the membership. We only have the Original Halo CE Mark V and Rhinoc's "HD" Halo CE Mark V files to offer.

This thread will now be locked to prevent anymore members from bumping it up and pushing down current, active threads.

In the future please take the time to check both when a thread was started, and the contents and dates of the most recent posts in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back