Building a UNSC Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardrich keybus

I already started this project a week ago and have been posting my progress on the Replica Prop Forum, but it would seem more at home here on a Halo site.

Here's the rundown... It is in 1:380th scale, made of matte board and poster board and when finished it will be four feet in length. I am using a picture reference from Halo III (i believe) for scale and the theater mode for "Long Night of Solace" to get a 360 degree reference of the frigate.

I will try to update my progress every few days; here is my current progress...

9241-update-iv.jpg

9226-update-iii.jpg

9171-update-ii.jpg

Gobble Gobble everyone!

Made some decent progress on the stern's midsection and i'll hopefully have it finished and ready to paint by mid december. :]

9506-update-v.jpg

The stern section is really coming together now! After i have scored the details onto the thruster housings and added the remaining detail to the structural ribs, i can glue them together and start adding the outer layers.

I may have an idea for the ship's name: "WINTER OF DISCONTENT" ...what do you all think?

9576-update-vi.jpg

Dude that's sick! Based on how it looks so far and your previous work I predict epic win. The mini fighters idea would be sweet, maybe have them hanging from the bottom on fishstring like a mobile. Maybe sculpt one and plastic mold the rest? Please tell me you are putting some LEDs in that badboy.
As for the name, that's a tough one, I would poll your audience.

The stern section is really coming together now! After i have scored the details onto the thruster housings and added the remaining detail to the structural ribs, i can glue them together and start adding the outer layers.

I may have an idea for the ship's name: "WINTER OF DISCONTENT" ...what do you all think?

9576-update-vi.jpg

Not a bad start, yo! And the name sounds nice.

I'd name my frigate the UNSC Cherry Blossom. Just cause.

Dude that's sick! Based on how it looks so far and your previous work I predict epic win. The mini fighters idea would be sweet, maybe have them hanging from the bottom on fishstring like a mobile. Maybe sculpt one and plastic mold the rest? Please tell me you are putting some LEDs in that badboy.
As for the name, that's a tough one, I would poll your audience.

Thanks Gamemaster, i would LOVE to put running light in it and make little ships, but i already sealed most of it and the fighters and pelicans would be too small for me to make. Perhaps if i make another one, i can put lights in it and try my hand at sculpting and molding. :[

I just might take a poll for the name, if not WINTER OF DISCONTENT then maybe ATLAS.

I'm quite excited, just two more weeks and i can start painting!

You'll notice some holes in the frigate, i made them so air can get into the enclosed structures and dry the glue. They will be covered up.

Also i'd like to thank everyone that has been leaving a comment behind, even if i don't respond to it, i do read them and greatly appreciate them. :]

9641-update-vii.jpg

There are still many details that need to be added (the bridge for one) before i can start painting, but this past month of work has produced what i can now call a Frigate.

Mooigha! :[ ]

9738-update-viii.jpg

I really like this build. I never really thought too hard about the vehicles in pepakura, but looking at them, they're great little models to have maybe hanging around the room. Especially if you have any siblings who love air or space crafts.

Are you going to paint/model any battle damage on the ship, or have it look fresh-from-the-drydock?

Almost done! It sould be ready for the first coat of paint by sunday!
There are still a few details and some major pieces to be made and added, but overall it is nearly complete. I didn't update for the last two weeks because i ran into some problems with the bridge and had to re-build it, also i hadn't finished the missile hatches, so an update then would have been pointless. For this update i drained the color just to equalize it and give an idea of what it will look like with the first coat of paint.

For the Frigate's name, i've decided not to start a poll and to name it "Winter Of Discontent". Not that i wouldn't mind hearing other name ideas, but the name has really stuck with me and i can't see naming it anything else.

10069-update-ix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back