how do i make the "fold" lines show up in pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwebber321

ok so i downloaded a gun model my friend showed me (Glock 17) its in color but only problem is i want the fold lines. like mountain and valley. how do i do that in pepakura?

chill... and why dont you try explaining the problem alittle better. if you got ride of the texture (any color) then the gun should be white in both the 3D model and the 2D pices, if the gun is not white then you didnt get rid of the texture. if the gun is white and the line still arent showing then go to the setting and change the lines to grey or black... i can,t think of any other reasons the fold lines arent showing.

and for future references, dont get angry becuase people wont want to help someone like that... and i believe you were vague in your problem

chill... and why dont you try explaining the problem alittle better. if you got ride of the texture (any color) then the gun should be white in both the 3D model and the 2D pices, if the gun is not white then you didnt get rid of the texture. if the gun is white and the line still arent showing then go to the setting and change the lines to grey or black... i can,t think of any other reasons the fold lines arent showing.

and for future references, dont get angry becuase people wont want to help someone like that... and i believe you were vague in your problem

ok i got rid of texture now on the 2d side i see the flaps but no lines or fold lines.

ok did you try making the the lines black or gray, because they are probbaly white. you can do it in the settings panel

ok did you try making the the lines black or gray, because they are probbaly white. you can do it in the settings panel

ok i went into settings > other settings now im looking at the colors and they are at default, i saw one white one but that just changed the background in the 3d view. ok i check the mountain and valley lines and there set to "dot", i still dont wee where to change the line color.

then the only explaination is the unfolder or the 3D modeler did something wrong... this is above my experince, i would try a different file

then the only explaination is the unfolder or the 3D modeler did something wrong... this is above my experince, i would try a different file

OK OK! THE UN FOLDER UNDO THING WORKED! i un folded it now i have the fold lines but all these useless fold lineslike near the grip where its just flat and shows fold lines. i can give you the download link if you want to take a look.

Just take your original file (with or without textures) and use the Set Edge Color function (the three-pen-icon). A little dialogue box will pop up, where you can select the edges you want to paint and the colour. Select cut lines, mountains and valleys, set the colour to black or white depending on the textures, set Hide almost flat fold lines to something around 180°, zoom out of the 2D view and draw a big rectangle around everything. Done.
If you want mountains and valleys to have different colours, do the same as above, but only with either of them selected and select the desired colour for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back