Halo MK VI custom (FINISHED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrtickr

Member DIN
S259
Well it is all finshed now enjoy.

DSC00730.jpg

this is my first armor atempt so bare with me on this i started it about 2 months ago before i joined the 405th so the first few peices are done with scotch tape.
but any way here are pictures.

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

these shins were rediculesly huge so i cut them in several places and made them smaller

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

please relise that these gauntlets were the first 2 peices hence all the scotch tape.
and that is all so far, I'll keep you updated.

It's looking good so far, but as a word of advice, when things are too big, it's just better to redo them. It gives the final project an overall better look.

It's looking good so far, but as a word of advice, when things are too big, it's just better to redo them. It gives the final project an overall better look.

Yes but inthe case of the shins if I had resized them they would be way to small. Myself I am over 6ft tall and really skinny so they were either going to be tall and fat or small and skinny so I opted to modify the design to make it slimmer.

just letting you know, in the pic with the hand, you have to turn your piece the other way :p
the indend hole has to be to the back (the side of your arm)

Nice pep work so far. Other than the amount of scotch tape, it looks very good so far. I never thought of using MK VI shoulders with the Halo Reach armor pieces (shins, forearms, etc.). I'm looking forward to see more of your progress.

I did the same with my hand plates (wore them backwards in one of my progress pics). Live and learn. :)

ya my bad the worst part is that i knew that it was backwords and took another picture but i guess i uploaded the wrong one.

ok here is another update

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

the chest piece is nearly finished

i also desided that i wanted a different set of shoulders so i rebuilt my current set and modified them to odst shoulders on a mk6 base

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

and thas the end of this update

ok this is a realy small update. i just finshed my first boot after rescaling twice i finaly got the right size. sadly i havn't had the time to take pictures.
my next update will be up by the 7th.

ok here is my newest update. sorry about some of the pictures i havent had time to take newer ones of the boots. any way here they are.
DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

sadly i don't have a display to mount my armor on so i have to lay it out on the floor
DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

my updated thighs
DSC00177.jpg

my sad little work space
DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

and lastly i use contact cement to hold my pep files together, it seems to work very well.

WOW! This build is looking awesome so far! I'll be coming back here for inspiration. I'm about 1/2 thru pepping my MKVI torso and I think I am going to have to add the fine details with foamies, cardboard etc. Some of those folds are just too small for me without an inspection microscope and tweezers LOL. Amazing work!

I just reread your thread and noticed that you are using contact cement. Are you using it for your Pep work? (Most people use hot glue or superglue)

I don't mean to be an alarmist and I don't know for certain, but contact cement may NOT be compatible with resin or bondo... I mention this because I had trouble with Super77 spray glue delaminating under fiberglass resin in the armor in my avatar pic. I think they are basically the same type of glue. IF that is a problem maybe you could precoat with Smoothcast or something before fiberglassing or whichever hardening method you decide on.

WOW! This build is looking awesome so far! I'll be coming back here for inspiration. I'm about 1/2 thru pepping my MKVI torso and I think I am going to have to add the fine details with foamies, cardboard etc. Some of those folds are just too small for me without an inspection microscope and tweezers LOL. Amazing work!

I just reread your thread and noticed that you are using contact cement. Are you using it for your Pep work? (Most people use hot glue or superglue)

I don't mean to be an alarmist and I don't know for certain, but contact cement may NOT be compatible with resin or bondo...

no worries my dad is a contracter and he said there wouldent be any problems.

ok here is another small update. i tok some pictures of me while whereing the paper armor just to give you a feel for how it will look here you go.

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

sorry about what i was wearing underneath i dont have a under suit yet

Man, fantastic job so far. I'm impressed! Hoping to get back to mine soon, been working on some other things...

Looking good! Your pep skills are great. Everything looks very clean. How are you planning to harden your suit/ Rondo or fibergalss? Just curious :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back