GAMEMASTER & LONGSHOT-Xs Foam MJOLNIR Mark VI Master Chief Spartan Helmet - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my 2nd attempt at assembling a foam Mark VI helmet using the same patterns as before. Paintjob by 405th forum member Longshot-X with the color Hammered Metal Charcoal Grey.
I documented the process, including a painting guide, listed the materials & tools needed and made tutorial videos, click here ->www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-halo-helmets
Img00025262.jpg

I took my time on this one to ensure the seams, angles, burnlines and details are nice.
Img00025297.jpg

I tried to include all the details you would see in the game.
Img00025303.jpg

Goes great with a shotty.
Img00025307.jpg

How a spartan stays buff - puts on 1/2 ton of armor and does pushups.
Img00025301.jpg

This shot shows that even I am impressed and give it a fist pump.
Img00025289.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Img00025316.jpg

We used Plasti Dip to seal the foam and then painted it first with hammered metal silver and then with the hammered metal charcoal grey.
You can see more pictures and the painting guide here: www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-halo-helmets.
Please do not PM us with armor crafting questions, if you have any questions regarding foam armor crafting feel free to ask us in this thread or on one of our Halo crafting squidoo pages and we will be happy to help.
Thanks for looking and happy armoring!

Sweet.... Love the detail work on this helmet. So with this I can now tell people that You CAN do a whole build in foam. :D Love the LINK also.
I like it enuff that I now know my next build will have to be foam.

Thank for sharing this epic build with us.

Thanks for the kudos fellas, if you do a foam build be sure to PM me the WIP link in case I miss it.
The foam crafting is fun, I make all kinds of things with it, watch for my Master Chief brass knuckles, I will post some pics when it's painted.

I've seen those 'nuks' and I'm sure that they will be beast after the paint.

As expected, some excellent work. One thing I've been thinking on is scaling. Do you use the same scaling as you would for a pep'd helm or do you take the foam thickness into consideration?

As expected, some excellent work. One thing I've been thinking on is scaling. Do you use the same scaling as you would for a pep'd helm or do you take the foam thickness into consideration?
I had the same thoughts when I made my first helm and ended up making it too big, however, I discovered that the thickness of the foam acts as padding, and the helm being so light needs less padding than a glassed helm. So you can pretty much scale the pep as usual, then make your templates for the foam. What I do is pep the helmet first, if it fits and I have at least a finger gap around my head then I cut it up to make the foam templates. I hope that makes sense.
For this particular helmet I already have the patterns and the size of the helmet the patterns make, or more importantly the size of the head the helmet fits. To rescale I simply calculate the % difference in head sizes and resize the jpegs accordingly.
Here are a couple pics, visor mounted and protective film taken off.
DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back