CQC Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is a fantastic pep! I am definitely liking how this is turning out so far, Great job so far!

firstly, sorry for the double post. Second, i probably should change this thread to "Custom Rach Suit WIP" because, well, i'm going to make a whole suit.

These are the pieces i'm gonna use:
CQC Helmet-pepped
UA/Base left shoulder
Grenadier right shooulder
Carters wrist attachment
Collar-Breacher chest piece on top of the standard reach chest
maybe grenadier or FJ/PARA knees...
Shin (2) 1 pepped
Thigh (2)
boots (2)
Forearm (2) 1 pepped
Handplates (2) both pepped
Bicep (2) 1 pepped

So im not very far along right now.

Heres some pictures of the shin i finished yesterday:

P1090135.jpg
[/IMG]

P1090134.jpg
[/IMG]

P1090136.jpg
[/IMG]

P1090137.jpg
[/IMG]

Currently working on the next shin, should be done tomorrow, then im gonna do the UA Base shoulder

I just dont know how You people do it... I would rather peel My flesh from My skin then cut and fold pep... Well @ least thats how I feel when I do it. Amazing work!

that pep work is amazingly clean... if the end result is as good as the start here, then i'm looking forward to seeing more of the suit... great work...

Thanks for all the comments guys, i appreciate the support. I have a lot of school work right now, so its hard to find time to work on this and progress is a little slow at the moment. Ive' got all the parts cut out for my second shin though, and a couple glued. ill be able to make a ton of progress this weekend hopefully. I also went out to walmart yesterday and bought a 12 pack of foam mats, because i wanted to try building the torso out of them, but im kinda lost. anybody know how to work with foam?

UPDATE
just finished a UA/ Base Security shoulder a couple minutes ago, but i cant find my camera, so no pictures, sorry. The other shin is almost complete, and i should have some smooth cast in a few days so ill be able to finally harden my CQC helmet. cant wait! next week i have no school, so tomorrow is my last day. ill be spending a lot of time on my suit over break and will hopefully have painted and hardened the helmet by the time i have to go back to schooln

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/whatever else is celebrated this time of year everyone! i got some smooth cast 320 and 321 this morning, but i dont think im gonna have time to harden my helmet today, so hopefully i will tommorow and post pictures as well.

well, I finally finished hardening my helmet. I had quite a few delays. But it's done now, and i cut the visor out. Right now im experimenting with foam mats to pad the inside.
Here's some pictures.
008.jpg
[/IMG]
007.jpg
[/IMG]
009.jpg
[/IMG]
010.jpg
[/IMG]
011.jpg
[/IMG]
012.jpg
[/IMG]
013.jpg
[/IMG]
006.jpg
[/IMG]
Ita gonna need a lot of sanding, but it didn't warp at all, at least not that I can see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back