CQC Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now that i know how to post my pictures (thank you to Hyokenseisou, and ventrue) i can post my CQC helmet. I finished pepping it a while ago, but i dont have the neccesary materials to harden it yet. Im planning on using smooth cast 321 and 320. Im only 14 so my parents wont let me use harmful chemicals. so here is my helmet.

P1020158.jpg
[/IMG]
Front View

P1020155.jpg
[/IMG]
Side View

P1020161.jpg
[/IMG]
Other Side

P1020167.jpg
[/IMG]
Some tight pepping around this section

P1020168.jpg
[/IMG]
Tight spots at the top of the visor

P1020169.jpg
[/IMG]
Ear Section

P1020164.jpg
[/IMG]
Top View

P1020150.jpg
[/IMG]
Not sure why this pic is red, but it looks pretty cool.

P1020127.jpg
[/IMG]
One last pic.

Let me know what you think. Honest Opinions and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated.

Wow, thanks a ton everyone! im actually pretty surprised that people like it. I still consider my self very new to this. Hopefully ill be able to get some smooth cast 321 and 320 (do i need both?) soon so i can harden it, and ill update as I make progress.

wow, you did a great job here, amazing.
I'm planning to do the QCQ-helmet too, but i think it looks much better with the UA/HUL attachement. Does anybody know if there is a pep file for it?
I'll have an eye on this thread.
Keep up the good work!

wow, you did a great job here, amazing.
I'm planning to do the QCQ-helmet too, but i think it looks much better with the UA/HUL attachement. Does anybody know if there is a pep file for it?
I'll have an eye on this thread.
Keep up the good work!

I haven't see one in my ventures but I haven't been looking out for it really either. I kinda like it plain-ol' CQC.

I'm pretty much echoing what others here have said but nice job on the pep buddy. you've got skills.:)

Hey guys, Iv'e got some more pictures to post. No progress on the helmet yet, but i wanted to post my forearm, shoulder and handplates.
P1050118.jpg
[/IMG]
the forearm
P1050119.jpg
[/IMG]
Front
P1050120.jpg
[/IMG]
side
P1050121.jpg
[/IMG]
bottom.
P1050115.jpg
[/IMG]
this part is clearly not symmetrical, so i kind of want to rebuild it. i haven't really tried anything to fix it though.
P1050122.jpg
[/IMG]
here's the shoulder.
P1050123.jpg
[/IMG]
top view.
P1050126.jpg
[/IMG]
bottom
P1050127.jpg
[/IMG]
the handplates
P1050131.jpg
[/IMG]
alternate view

I think i want to rebuild the forearm, but im working on the shins rights now.
Ive also got a recon helmet and Jun's Helmet built, but I don't like them as much as the CQC
I may post them later on, just to see what people think.

partly right, but I'm looking for the part that is attached above the visor, not the camera piece.

oh, ok. I think this is it.
http://www.4shared.com/file/CUXccEut/UA_CQ.html

Goldking, i use a type of glue called Tackyglue. I used a hot glue gun on my first pep, which was a shoulder, and i burned my self tons of times and just didnt like it. a 5 oz. bottle of tacky glue got me trough 2 helmets, a forearm, a shoulder, and two handplates, and its still not empty.

Sorry for the double post, but i forgot to say earlier, im getting either smooth cast resin or epoxamite 101 for christmas , and ill probably harden the helmet that same day. ill update the helmet when i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back