40K Terminator custom build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some updates of the suit. Ok you maybe wondering why I started to paint it, the truth is I got impatient but stopped myself before I got carried away. Little thing I learned was the foam still soaks up the paint even if heat sealed. Going to seal and primer once the torso is complete then apply the plastidip or its gonna get costly wasting it.

Added the front.

IMG_0189-1.jpg

Back.

IMG_0187.jpg

Then the holes for my arms. The velcro tabs are there because although I can put the torso on with out them they just make it that little bit easier getting out of it.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

This looks great so far, looking forward to seeing it finished. Looks quite complex, you have more skill than me :). Just wondering, where do you buy your foam from, I'm having trouble trying to find stockists for it in the UK.

Started rough shoulder pad build. Not sure how to proceed with these as the pads on the model aren't going to look right in reality. Will post pics of what I have done then a pic of the model to explain.

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Looking SAWEEEEETTTTTT! :)

Any pics with you in it? Get an idea of proprtions and stuff. You gonna tackle a lid or show your mush? :D

Are you going all foam or maybe pep the shoulders and some other bits for rigidity?

Not going to do pics of me in it just yet. Want to work these pads out.

33068_md-BloodyBeautiful.jpg

If you look at them they have those detailed panels sort of plonked on the sides of the shoulders. Although on the model it looks right I think without the wings to detract from this they will look out of place. I just really don't want to have to pep, fibre glass and bondo its sooo boring!

Will get the biceps done and then can see how it all looks on before proceeding.

Sorry Nightwolf didn't understand the question because I have answered it in the thread. Kinda expect people to read through a thread of a build before asking stuff. Anyhow, its EVA foam floor mats, type that in and you will get enough hits to find um. I bought 16 and that should be more than enough for a suit but I also will be making a selection of weapons too. I was looking at Thorssoli's build and was wondering how he will do his arms cause he hasn't left much room for them. The armour looks really big for his size. Still really nice work.

This is why I am having trouble with the build. The guy in the model is a freak!!!

33065_md-BelialDarkAngelsDeathwingOrkAbuseSculptingSpaceMarinesTerminatorArmor-1.jpg

Who has arms that far apart?!

Why, a Space Marine, of course! Haha, dude I'm loving your build so far, even though you aren't too far along. If the body is too wide though, just thin it out a bit.

a fake video game character.

Correction, Table-top wargame character.

Yeah I know, just wished I had done the comparisons at the start. Either way I am going to adjust accordingly. Expected this from a custom build so not complaining :$ As for how far along I am the torso is the hard part so taking a bit of time. I could race through the rest as its just tubes around limbs with some details. Boots might slow me down at the end though.

Sorry Nightwolf didn't understand the question because I have answered it in the thread. Kinda expect people to read through a thread of a build before asking stuff. Anyhow, its EVA foam floor mats, type that in and you will get enough hits to find um. I bought 16 and that should be more than enough for a suit but I also will be making a selection of weapons too. I was looking at Thorssoli's build and was wondering how he will do his arms cause he hasn't left much room for them. The armour looks really big for his size. Still really nice work.

Ok, sorry, I must have not read it all the way through. Thanks for the help anyway I have managed to find the foam now.

So guys I am gonna go for the rounded pads. Not going to resin/bondo them as takes way to long. Here are some pics of what I came up with this evening. Not glued them yet as you can tell by all the tape.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Drack it looks ace. Im looking forward to see how you are gonna hide the seams. All my pep work has been put on hold as Im interested in your method If you can make this look like 1 large piece them im bumping the pep.

Well the theory is that I have cut the parts that make up the shoulders in a manner to minimise the peeks of the "mountains" as it were. Once glued will use a sander to take them down and hoping that once I plastidip and add the details they will become less obvious.

So here are the seams smoothed out. Know you wanted to see how they went Joe. Will try to get the detailing and painting done nice and quick so you can see how it looks. From looking at it now I think you will be able to see some raised bits slightly but over all think it should be quite smooth. Might do a bit more sanding though. As a tip, if when glueing the bits together there is a gap in your seam just apply some hot glue into it, lick your finger and smooth it in to seal it. Be careful of course not to burn your self. I avoid this by immediately rubbing my fingers together if any gets a grip on my skin to disperse the heat. Once the gap is full of glue and hardened sand away excess glue for a smooth finish. For BIG gaps you can use "Anything Foam" from plastidip but heat gun glue does the job just as well at a lesser price.

IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg

LOL the proportions have always stopped me from starting a space marine project. I've tried to put a picture of a SM over a picture of me and it's very tricky to get it looking right. If your tall i think you've got a head start but as i'm 5' 8" i have to get it spot on.

Heres a pic of what you need to do. Better start on the roids buddy! LMAO!

1206265878079.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back