40K Terminator custom build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note, how about having very little movement in the shoulders and having your arms come through the sides of the body lower down? use the shoulder pads to hide this and i think the illusion will work a treat. Restricts you raising your arms too much but could be the best option! :)

Wow nice preliminary work there. I figured the guys in the suits are inhuman. Even if we could get to their size their skeletal lay out seems all wrong. After all they are just models so can be manipulated to fit the stupidly big armour. Either way I want to make big ass armour that is fitting to a human and that is what I shall do! :) Gunna make the other pad later after I finish working on some more wedding pics (I am a photographer) then will get pics of me wearing it.

Thats exactly what I have done.

Here is where the arm hole should be according to models.

IMG_0200.jpg

Will add rims to the shoulders to highten them too. Ignore the silly drawn on black wiggles I was drunk :p

IMG_0201.jpg

lol after looking at your scalings I am the weenier at the start of the scales :p

Looks sweet mate. Might sack my pep build off for the time being as I dont have anywhere to fibreglass at the mo. And try my space marine.

LOL just don't go near any hot glue and scalpals and your costume whilst drunk as you may kick yourself in the morning! Cracking idea with the arm holes and shims. If you want to see, in my opinion, the best example of how a regular guy fits in a much bigger suit check out mission 2110. It's a kids bbc program that i got hooked on when in Mallorca on my hols this earlier year! The robots are unbelievable but watch carefully and you can just see where the guys arms comes straight out of the side about waist height which by my calcs is at shoulder height for the guy. It has no bearing on the movement as you'll see and it's damn fun to watch too! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/mission2110/downloads/

Last edited by a moderator:
Very similar way the builders of "Titan" did it. Dunno if you have seen them. I met one at a festival earlier this year. They are kinda funny too I guess but had to stay well away as the shoot water out their eyes and I had my pro camera with me. Cheers for the link btw will have a good watch of it after all the festive cellebrations.

That the big silver robot thats always on telly, Titan? I have seen it on gadget show and stuff and it's very impressive but i have to say it's not a patch on the ones in the show. They just seem a helluva lot more mobile and active. Anyway, all the best for christmas and don't let it get in the way of your build mate! ;)

Yeah that thing. The build is on hold till all the beer,wine and whiskey has been drunk. Have a good day tomorrow mate :) I will be playing on my Xbox, not owned a console for years so can't wait. Not gunna be able to sleep tonight :p

Got both MW3 and BF3 not sure which I will favour but friends say FB3 is more fun with all the vehicles. Will let you know once I am home and set up (at the in laws at the moment). Have a good Xmas too man.

Loving the progress on you're foam build. Have you figured out how you're going the raise the shoulder pads yet, Spray foam might work to fill in the void raising them up 8 inches or so, that way they are higher then you're head just like pic. I wish you well on you're build please keep us posted.

Not done any work on it last few days as have been at the in laws getting drunk and fat :p. I have how ever made the second pad but not sure when I will have time to do some work on them. My wife has changed our plans for new year so not going to need a fancy dress any more. Bit annoying after the work I have been putting into this project but means I can chill out and not rush things. Will try to get some done this week but got people staying with us and I am making up for not having a games console since the PS2 came out. Skyrim is taking up a bit too much of my time lol.

Wow, what a coincidence: first time in months that I visit the 405th and I find someone doing Terminator Armour. It looks brilliant!

I'm thinking about doing either a Techmarine or Termy armour for Games Day UK 2012, but I am a relative beginner - the best thing I've ever done is the foamboard boltgun I built for the Inquisitor costume I built for Games Day UK '11, and that came out ok. I thought about foam for this sort of project after seeing a Grey Knight Terminator costume made from it also at GD11 (the guy apparently was very hot in it!), but seeing your build has stuck the idea firm in my brain. Could you possibly direct me to some tutorials to teach me about the techniques you used?

Captain Shrike;591136the best thing I've ever done is the foamboard boltgun I built for the Inquisitor costume I built for Games Day UK '11 said:
Just checked that you didn't have a thread of it, so why don't you make one? I'd really want to see your work, and so does probably many other too. :D

@ Captain Shrike

Sorry for the late reply but I haven't looked at this thread for a while due to the fact all my attention is going into my Iron Man and Masterchief suits. As for techniques rather than explaining how I do my builds have a read through my ironman build as that goes more into how I do it. Once I get round to it I'll also be doing some video tutorials because alot of people ask how I get my foam work to look so clean and I feel that any one with the skills can achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back