40K Terminator custom build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely Fantastic Fella! I'm glad someones gone for an old school terminator. Not a big fan of the new look. I always fancied a go at one myself but never found the time. You've really inspired me to give it a go, mucho thanks! :)

As for your question, have a look for cheap fake security cams and bung some leds for effect ;)

Adding details as not much foam left now. Bought some flexipipe today (not sure what it's really called) and thought it would make for some nice extra additions of my own. Heat gun warped it a little but bought more than I needed so I might do some perfect forms.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Todays shopping list was:

1. White "plastidip" paint (cheaper than spray)
2. Tube of "Plastidip Anything Foam"
3. Black Long Johns
4. Black long sleeved Thermal top
5. White Gloves with rubber spots on fingertips for grip (so I can hold a pint)

The tube of Plasidip foam is to fill in gaps between parts. I know that people talk about spot putty but "Plastidip" seem to know their stuff when it comes to rubber paints/sealants so sticking with them.

Looking for a good Bronze paint to do the raised details. If anyone in the UK knows of a good one let me know please. In fact if ANYONE knows of metallic paints that are suitable for foam builds can you let me know please. Will work out UK equivalent. If no one knows then gonna order some acrylic paints for try outs. Wish I could fly to the US for free and make this, it would be a quarter of the price and you guys get all the good products needed.

1) where did you get your foam
2) by sugical knife do you also mean Xacto knife

the details looks spot on man... keep us updated

Bought the foam from ebay and as for the knife I use it's a surgical scalpel knife.

IMG_0174.jpg

Very nice, clean looking foam work, I love all the detail that you're putting into this.

Ggggrrr arrrgg! Missed the delivery guy while at work so have to wait till monday now for my new foam. Was looking forward to getting the shoulders, arms and waist done this weekend.

When a friend of mine did a painting on the back of my leather jacket, she added something to the acrylics to keep them flexible. Not sure what it was but she got it from her regular art shop. The jackets had some abuse but the pic is still perfect condition! :)

Wonder if it was a plasidip type product. Or maybe the Flexbond I saw on a guys foam build. Will have to do some research into it I think. I bit the bullet and ordered some white plastidip paint but need to find something to rubberise the acrylic bronze for the detailing. Cheers for the info though :)

This build is looking really good! I was pretty amazed when I saw the first few progress pictures! Looking forward to seeing the build progress later down the road. :D

Cool thanks man . It was the one thing I couldn't work out. I know I probably won't be bending the armour enough to crack it but rubberising it means it should last alot longer.

HexxenHammer I found a Uk alternative of the acrylic additive you linked so a big thank you for that man :) Will have lots of pics coming this week as all my supplies turn up tomorrow. I went eBay mad so the door will have a queue of courriers at it in the morning lol.

No worries fella! :)

Don't want to put a downer on things but you do remember whats happening at the end of next week! Postal service will be slower than normal :( I know as i work in that sort of business. Fingers crossed mate! :)

BTW yeah i get what you mean about it not moving but by it's flexible nature it will be good to stop it cracking earlier than normal ;)

Well as most of the people I have ordered from don't use royal mail it's all been turning up on time. Did a test paint with the plastidip and ok there are cheaper alternatives but you defiantly get what you pay for it's a really nice finish! Think I am just gunna go for it and buy a big tin. Will still use the acrylic fabric medium mix for the details though. Cheapest I can find in the UK.

So all my foam mats turned up today gunna hit it hard now as pretty much good to go on finishing the build. Will have a play with self made sealer and primers tomorrow because even though I heat sealed the foam it still eats the plastidip. Just need to find a good film to listen to while I work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back