40K Terminator custom build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drack

So guys my Iron Man MK VI suit is taking up too much time and need a faster build for new year so have started a foam terminator suit. Not sure if I will have it done by then but as it means less noise due to minimal power tools needed so I can work at night while the rest of the world sleeps. Here are the images I will be basing the build on. Not doing the weapons or wings yet as my local pub is a bit small and I would just be an inconvenience to everyone. Will have pics of every step for you as I didn't find a great deal on 40K marine/terminator builds. Almost finished the torso templates this evening so when complete will have pics for you tomorrow. Wish me luck.

gels%2C%20Deathwing%2C%20Ork%20Abuse%2C%20Sculpting%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Terminator%20Armor.jpg

al%2C%20Dark%20Angels%2C%20Deathwing%2C%20Sculpting%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Terminator%20Armor.jpg

Are you going to base your foam off reference pics or do you use pep to help? Because I've found some pretty awesome termie peps on the 405th here, that might help you.

I got all the space marine and terminator PDOs I can find and am using them as references. Have 2 computers with them loaded up on screen so it's all a case of using common sense and a good eye to work out the shapes that need cutting. Only part that is proving a task is the torso but I am almost there. Boots might also be tricky as they involve rounded parts but will see how to tackle the toe part when I get there.

So here are the first of the bits I made yesterday lunch time. Not going to bother including pics of the templates as you can easy see how each bit is done. Would have more done but only had the 4 mats I bought for my iron man build incase I needed them. Ordering a big pack today so hopefully will be able to get all the foam work done at the weekend.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Thank you man. Here are those bits together. Of course will be making arm holes but want the torso complete first.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

I rarely reply to any threads, but i cant find myself leaving this one xD its very clean foamwork, man. Lookin' good so far :D

Thank you guys. As for what I use to cut the foam, just a normal surgical knife nothing fancey. Can't wait till my order turns up. I can really start to get things moving then. Cut the bits for the left and right back mounts and started a shoulder pad but getting tricky now as running low on foam. Will get some more pics up tomorrow.

So far tools and materials used are

1. EVA Foam Floor Mats
2. Surgical Knife
3. "Mouse" hand sander
4. Dremel
5. 2000W Heat Gun
6. Glue gun

Once I am finished building the foam I will be sealing it with Rosco Flexbond then painting or maybe spraying it. Need to do a test to see if the flexbond will seal the foam enough to stop the spray eating it.

Wow thank you man, that means a lot to me coming from you. I have seen some of your work and it is sick!

Looks great man I use to work for GW. Have an idea for a marine with jump pack and 2 power fists so will be watching your posts closely. Where in the UK are you and where are you getting your bits from?

I am in Cornwall and all supplies so far are from eBay. Downloaded all the pep files for terminator and marine armour but not actually used any of them. Had them on screen a couple of times but so much more fun and rewarding making everything your self. Found a thread or site where some one was making a fully working power fist on his build but didn't book mark it sorry.

Well as for the shoulders the model I am basing this on doesn't have the normal marine shaped pads. Hard to explain but my foam should be here on Friday and I will have them built and pics posted. Only part I think I may have to pep/resin and bondo is the toe caps. Luckily I have all the materials from my ironman build handy so will use them if I have to.

Hey guys any ideas on how to tackle these? I was thinking either fitting some marbles or cut a ping pong or similar item in two and fitting LEDs in them. I like the idea of some lights on the suit but unless I can find somewhere else to have some they will look a bit out of place up there.

33065_useSculeMarinesTerminatorArmor.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

when i saw your first post and it said you wee building that statue... i thought to myself "this guy has no idea how hard it will be" but i stand corrected bro, it looks awesome and it takeing shape fast.

-keep us updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back