New ODST helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimFam

So I have started a new build of an ODST helmet and im gonna be taking a different approach to it. So far i have started with making this one out of cereal box card board which i think is great to work with. I have used it before to make a scout helmet from halo 3. unlike my foam helmet im gonna be fiber glassing this one then splitting it down center so it can be vacuum formed. hopefully this will work out because im trying to make at least 4. one for each of my brothers and have the ability to make as many as i want. So far this is what i have.

Oh and i kinda went with my own custom design for the sides of the helmet. I think it looks cool haha

SDC10268.jpg

SDC10269.jpg

SDC10267.jpg

more updates to come soon. probably next week because my sisters wedding is this Thursday haha.

Hey Thanks everyone.
Just to answer everyone real quick because im at work right now haha
Thats rather good dude did you use pepakura to make it
yeah i used pepakura for the base helmet but free handed the side details.
Nice, what colors are you going to use when your finished?
im not sure what im gonna do for the colors. I live in vegas and live right by an open desert so i might actually go with a desert theme. like a khaki base color haha
This looks pretty damned good, will be keeping an eye on this to see how well the vacu-forming works on it. Keep up the good work!
im really interested in seeing how it works as well.

im not sure what im gonna do for the colors. I live in vegas and live right by an open desert so i might actually go with a desert theme. like a khaki base color haha

nice, I have yet to see a set of armor, real or gamewise, that the desert theme hasn't worked for.

So i started Fiber glassing today. One thing i have learned from this.... i hate fiber glassing haha Ill post pics tomorrow once i get my ipod back from the apple store. so far its coming along fine. i just wish it wasnt so difficult haha

So I havent been able to get much done thanks to the weather. so in the mean time enjoy this pic.
100_0041.jpg

So i got some pictures! UPDATE TIME!!!

I got a little bit of rondo work done.
100_0045.jpg

100_0047.jpg

So well i got another picture for you. I help my mom out with Cub Scouts and the other day i got really, really bored so... i did a little art work on the Chalk board haha
388887_244881735581793_100001799053860_580963_899801897_n.jpg

So Like i said this month has been really crazy. almost done packing.
Well i was just wanting to post something for you guys really quick.
I was thinking "what could be used for under padding for ODST's"
while brian storming I remembered a pair of lacrosse pads i use to have called Rino Skin.
rhinoskin.jpg

I think this would work great not just for ODST but it also seams like a good fit for spartan under suit.
well i hope you guys like this because depending on where you get it, it can be a little pricey but not to bad.
here is also a link to what think is the best price for it. http://www.laxzone.com/product/brine-rhinoskin-pro-415.cfm

I see you're using my smoothed version of the Jico's gamerip! I really like to see it being used! I think I'm going to copy your side details for my own helmet if you do not mind :D

Do you have the templates for them?

hey youre welcome. i find it easier to build off of something smooth. i dont have the templates anymore but they were really simple to make. If i still have them i would be more then happy to share haha

I like building thing off of smooth files, it really makes bondo stage easier. I've built the templates, they were easy to do, I just have one question. How thick is the foam you've used? It looks to be 1.5mm thick (1/16").

Hey Thanks everyone.
How thick is the foam you've used? It looks to be 1.5mm thick (1/16").
Yeah i believe thats what it is. its not very thick. i used two layers for some parts others just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back