Custom Spartan III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosolver

I started pepping pieces for this project several months ago then kinda got bored of it because I wasn't really sure exactly where I wanted to go with it in terms of paint colors and armor attachments. A few weeks ago my friends and I started playing Halo Reach again and it made me want to get back to work on my own set of custom Spartan III armor. Lucky for me I never got rid of all the pieces I had pepped. So far I think I have just about everything pepped out.

If I made any mistakes in this next part feel free to say something. I pepped a lot of these pieces quite some time ago so I'm not 100% sure that I have them all correct.

Helmet - Reach Security by fat-hi555
Torso - Reach Torso V3 by L3X BLU3R1V3R
Cod -
Shoulder - CQC by MissingSpartan7 (it is listed as the scout shoulder in the official halo reach pep thread)
Forearm -
Handplate - Spartan Handplate by Ruze789
Thigh - Not pepped
Shin -
Knee - Jorge_Shin by Rhinoc
Boot - Made with foam using Reach Boot Foam tutorial by calladar

The Cod, Forearm, and Shin spaces are blank because I cannot find a pep file that looks like the piece I made.

0316112122.jpg

The Cod Piece does have supports but they were not in place when I took the picture.
0322110021.jpg

0217111605.jpg

Torso1.jpg

So I have gotten to the point in the torso where I will need to cut the torso to be able to get it onto myself. My question is where should I cut. I was thinking of cutting where the red lines are in the picture below since I want to keep these cuts fairly hidden.
Torso2.jpg

Update #1
I have cut my torso piece more or less in the locations that I marked in the picture in my previous post. I did this as a way to easily put on and remove the torso piece. After trying it on I found out this piece would have to be put on after the rest of the pieces because my arms cannot reach around myself because the torso gets in the way, and this would make it impossible to put the shoulder pieces on.
downsize.jpg

After I made the cuts I took some foam and glued it to the inside of the main torso piece so it helps hold the piece I cut away in. I cut into this foam pieces and glued magnets in as a way to easily reassemble the torso when it is on.
downsize_1.jpg

I will get some better pictures of this tomorrow when I get a chance. The magnets are from a toy I found in my closet. The magnets are quite strong for their size.

I also started working on the heat sink piece that goes on the lower back of the torso.
1224111516.jpg

It is being made out of clear plastic so I can easily put the lights in. Like in the picture below
reach_25550467_Full.jpg

Well that's all for now. I will hopefully have another update soon!

Looking good my freind. I like your attention to detail on the torso venting. I much prefer your idea of cutting the torso at the under supports. I think cutting it in two makes it look warped. Keep it up.

looking very nice so far, I've been thinking about cutting my torso the same way and using a makeshift brace to hold the pieces in the correct spot, but your idea looks like its easier.

looking very nice so far, I've been thinking about cutting my torso the same way and using a makeshift brace to hold the pieces in the correct spot, but your idea looks like its easier.
The foam IS a brace, but you really cant tell from the angle I took the picture at. The foam and magnets are both used to help hold everything in the correct place.

This is a side view of the second picture in my previous post. Notice how the foam sticks out. The magnets are kinda hard to notice because I covered them with small squares of foam to help make everything stronger.
TorsoMagnets3.jpg

This is the under arm piece. The foam/magnets are recessed from the edge to line up with the other foam/magnets that stick out from their edge.
TorsoMagnets2.jpg

When you put the pieces together it looks like this.
TorsoMagnets4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back